Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i have my interview for unemployment benefits tomorrow morning, i hope the government gives me lots of free money :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

this morning i had my interview with the unemployment office to get my benefits going and it was surprisingly stressful

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

eric posted:

The interviewer's job is to trip you up so you say something that can disqualify you.

yeah that's the vibe i got. also she was convinced that i had been laid off from the school district despite me never having worked for any school district anywhere.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Teikanmi posted:

how is that even possible

like how can someone get that information from what you told them

i have no idea. she was an older lady. she told me her supervisor told her i had worked for the school district. years ago i used to work for a trendy retaurant with the word "cafeteria" in the name, thats literally my only guess.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

OctoberBlues posted:

You don't remember working for the school district? You used to tell us all about it. :confused:

haha

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

where do you assholes live where you have to interview for unemployment?

over here in California things are so hosed and understaffed that you fill out a form online and that's it, they give you the benefits so you can leave them alone

i live in california

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

well drat maybe my situation a couple years ago was different.

I was laid off and got approved within two weeks

the lady on the phone made it sound like the only reason she was interviewing me was because she was under the impression i worked for the school district. Idk

• Locked thread