Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Just went to my boss and got an "if you need to come here a little late tomorrow that's fine"

Really puts a stifle on drinking at 6 AM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Got to go home early, taking tomorrow off

I practically boated home. Felt my tires leave the road and ride water repeatedly :ohdear:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've heard of ghost riding the whip, but ghost riding the ship?!?

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Getting a poo poo ton of it here in west Texas. Has slowed down work big time and makes driving wary at times.

Day like 7 now of just rain in what was a draught area.

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

Typhoon? More like try-phoon.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
that looks scary! don't get hurt! goddamnit you loving rear end in a top hat! im having some trouble expressing my feelings about this! :argh:

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

the gently caress is a klystron? sounds like some bootleg poo poo you get off aliexpress

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

chappey posted:

the gently caress is a klystron? sounds like some bootleg poo poo you get off aliexpress

Here's a handy primer!!

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/about-klystron-9.html

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
all rules related to appropriateness in drinking are suspended during serious storms in FL, it's great

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

The Wizard of Poz posted:

I live in Australia but have been visiting Florida for the past couple weeks

lol that's like me visiting australia, but only the garbage dump

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
They closed all the schools for the rest of the week here. Everyone else still loving has to work. :mad:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
I moved to Florida in the fall of 2004. That fall and the next fall were enough to almost convince people that climate change was real.

Then, go one year without the looming threat of nature's indignant fury and everyone be like pfffft

OP What Agency do you work at that you got the day off? I'm East of you in Gainesville; I don't expect any such consideration for my life and property by my cruel corporate masters.

And I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow at 3:30...that's gonna be tight yo

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Man its been raining balls all day and will all night and all day tomorrow drat!

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I moved to Florida in the fall of 2004. That fall and the next fall were enough to almost convince people that climate change was real.

Then, go one year without the looming threat of nature's indignant fury and everyone be like pfffft

OP What Agency do you work at that you got the day off? I'm East of you in Gainesville; I don't expect any such consideration for my life and property by my cruel corporate masters.

And I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow at 3:30...that's gonna be tight yo

Child protective services lol

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
free drat berd

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Everything resembling a school within 100 miles of Tallahassee has been closed. Haven't heard anything about state offices yet.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
they're getting double whammied in Hawaii

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress Hawaii this thread is about a state that matters lol I mean I guess I hope Hawaii doesn't get rear end hosed or whatever

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
whats better for heavy drinking, hurricanes or blizzards? im going with blizzards personally

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Hoping I get the call Thursday night that we are closed Friday. Please destroy the office and my desk.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i had to drive on I95 when Hurricane Sandy was making landfall and let me tell u that was an experience...i felt like Sully Sullenberger when i pulled into the driveway thank u Subaru Symetrical AWD

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mariana Horchata posted:

whats better for heavy drinking, hurricanes or blizzards? im going with blizzards personally

Especially when it's a real bitch of a storm and you have to shovel snow off the roof to keep it from collapsing.

Some relatives down south rode out cat 3 Ivan near Pensacola. They said the sound of the wind almost drove them mad after a few hours, getting shitfaced seems like it would help with that.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
This isn't going to be a very popular opinion, but I usually root for the hurricane as long as no one gets hurt.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Hey Florida,

Remember when you voted Bush over Gore? Remember that?
Have an unfortunate supertornadocane.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Zeno-25 posted:

Especially when it's a real bitch of a storm and you have to shovel snow off the roof to keep it from collapsing.

Some relatives down south rode out cat 3 Ivan near Pensacola. They said the sound of the wind almost drove them mad after a few hours, getting shitfaced seems like it would help with that.

yeah thats the only negative i could think of, being far too hungover to easily shovel out the aftermath the next day...but nobody ever said u have to stop drinking before shoveling. plus the mornings after major snowstorms are beautiful but the best and the snow absorbs sound waves and makes everything so quiet and serene

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
HURRICANE DAY 2: THE HURRICANING

I get two separate automated calls telling me work is closed due to the severe weather.

It's kinda cloudy I guess? Took my daughter to her daycare down the road. It will probably suddenly get dark and start raining balls in a little while maybe? In the meantime I'm gonna do nothing.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
that was close

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wish a hurricane would destroy florida and everyone who lives there

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

all rules related to appropriateness in drinking ... FL,
wait, rules? In FL?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Wow they named the hurricane Hermoine

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I hate that BITCH Hermioonea!!~ :mad:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

gently caress Hawaii this thread is about a state that matters lol
and also about florida

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Don't make me go jastiger on your rear end lady I'll have you know as the nation's 3rd largest economy :words:

finally it started raining, this hurricane kind of sucks

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

all rules related to appropriateness in drinking are suspended during serious storms in FL, it's great

This is true everywhere afaik

I'm going to buy a big bottle of 151 today just in case power is out a few days here in VA and I don't even drink

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Don't make me go jastiger on your rear end lady I'll have you know as the nation's 3rd largest economy :words:

finally it started raining, this hurricane kind of sucks

more like hurrican't

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
the power just went out here in tampa while in the middle of a ranked league of legends game

i didnt buy water either

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fallows posted:

the power just went out here in tampa while in the middle of a ranked league of legends game

i didnt buy water either

Good

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It drizzled on me this morning

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
i regret stocking up on water and soups instead of getting the good beer

im stuck with just the last bit of whiskey and some mead :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Really wishing it was coming across just a little bit further south. We have duck loads of rain and wind but nothing is cancelled so I have to sit my rear end at work all day and then drive to class later

• Locked thread