Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

It’s a Souls game and you have to murder every male magician in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Attorney's Badge

An all-important symbol of one's profession, this tiny badge is weathered from years of use. It is said that its previous owner incessantly displayed it to others as if desperate to prove their authenticity. But the more that one attempts to prove their authenticity, the less confident they are in that authenticity.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

FairGame posted:

It’s a Souls game and you have to murder every male magician in the world.
I'm the ladder/stepladder trick weapon.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
So I'm finally playing AAI2 and god loving drat that stupid red mole contradiction that I imagine tripped up a lot of people

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Literally everyone I know has gotten tripped up by how slow the game expects you to be thinking.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
It reminds me of my very first ever experience with Ace Attorney, Case 2-1, first testimony, attempting to demonstrate that a person can't write with their finger after suffering a broken neck, when the game wanted me to point out that "Maggey" was misspelled.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
AA7 in that RE engine theyre using for everything.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

AA7 in that RE engine theyre using for everything.

apollo's gotcha mechanic is gonna be weirder when you can see every single skin pore they have

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Merilan posted:

apollo's gotcha mechanic is gonna be weirder when you can see every single skin pore they have

gently caress I wanna see them remake the Spark Brushel perceive thing in the RE Engine now.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
My 2DS finally got repaired, so I'm back on track for my series playthrough and I love how cheesily gritty the opening case in Dual Destinies is.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

If you like Ace Attorney, I'd say give AI: The Somnium Files a go. It's a point and click detective game and it's scratching the same itch for me that Ace Attorney Investigations did. It's written by the same guy who did the Zero Escape games.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's very light on the actual deduction gameplay but it does have a good mystery that is actually fairly solvable ahead of time with the clues given along the way.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
God, Dual Destinies' DLC case is so good.

cergos
Apr 23, 2019

The hush of the night sky is the silence of a graveyard.
4 - 1 is the strongest first case in the franchise imo.

cergos fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 29, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah it’s miles ahead of the rest. All the obvious parts aside, it also has my favorite Payne of the series. He’s just a half-decent prosecutor who’s not a massive dick and he gets some pretty good exasperated lines as Phoenix plants the seeds of his insane master plan.

“This is a cross-examination, not a cross-wild-conjecture!”

“What about me? Don’t I get to prosecute anyone!?”

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Finally finished AAI2 and must say that it's been a bit of a slog that final case but a satisfying ending overall.

I was rather alarmed about John being Courtney's son, given his age and her age would mean she would have had him at... 13 or so, and would have made the obvious fact that the President of Zheng Fa was his father a much more troubling political scandal. Was pleased that he's adopted.

Now, on to DGS!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Attorney's Badge

An all-important symbol of one's profession, this tiny badge is weathered from years of use. It is said that its previous owner incessantly displayed it to others as if desperate to prove their authenticity. But the more that one attempts to prove their authenticity, the less confident they are in that authenticity.

Phoenix Wright having imposter syndrome explains a lot.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

If you like Ace Attorney, I'd say give AI: The Somnium Files a go. It's a point and click detective game and it's scratching the same itch for me that Ace Attorney Investigations did. It's written by the same guy who did the Zero Escape games.

Oh, this reminds me. I have no idea if this anyone but I was unable to play PWAAT on PC after trying to use Steam Link, and it was only after getting the same crash-on-startup with AI: The Somnium Files that I found that for these unity games, the file GameName\GameName_Data\plugins\InControlNative.dll seems to cause crash to desktop in some circumstances.

Just putting this out here in case it helps anyone else.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

cergos posted:

4 - 1 is the strongest first case in the franchise imo.

I really do not like 4-1 as an intro. It's a more involved case, but the big gimmick is that the culprit is your assistant, who is a new character. By this point you know absolutely nothing about Gavin and I felt absolutely nothing when he was outed. Also you literally use forged evidence to win. I think this case would have been tons better if it had been case 2 with an investigation portion where you actually got to interact with Gavin, and case 1 was just a normal tutorial.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The forged evidence is a pretty strong part of 4-1 imo. The case ending with Apollo punching Nick for tricking him into using illegal evidence is a strong bit of characterisation that most of the tutorial cases rarely go into. Sure, nothing is really done with that characterisation but at the time it’s cool.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Hey! It's almost Christmas!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Some guy got shot!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Almost finished AAI2 and I actually like Sebastian a lot because unlike the teen prodigies he actually acts like a teenager.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

All I want for Christmas is an AA7 announcement

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Honestly right now I’d go for a 4-5-6 HD collection like they recently did with the first trilogy. That’s gotta be happening at some point, right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE2ojmIEVaA

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

man nurse posted:

Honestly right now I’d go for a 4-5-6 HD collection like they recently did with the first trilogy. That’s gotta be happening at some point, right?

I legit think that'll happen in 2020, then 2021 or 2022 7 comes out on everything. AA is deffo full multiplat now, and Capcom likely wants to have the main games accessible in the platforms 7 will be at.

...oh god, it's possible they'll pad out the time before 7 by doing trilogy and trilogy 2 for ps5 xboxsex be "big" releases

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Technically we’re seven years out from Wright getting his badge back, so I’m expecting a 2027 release date for game 7. Meanwhile if Capcom can get on with “Interpol Investigations” in which Franziska and Adrian solve international museum mysteries and send horrible rich people to jail for murder and returning cultural artifacts to the proper people/places, I’ll be waiting.

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Technically we’re seven years out from Wright getting his badge back, so I’m expecting a 2027 release date for game 7. Meanwhile if Capcom can get on with “Interpol Investigations” in which Franziska and Adrian solve international museum mysteries and send horrible rich people to jail for murder and returning cultural artifacts to the proper people/places, I’ll be waiting.

I wonder if they'll ever do another "investigations" series. They seem to have wrapped up anything related to Phoenix and fam so they doing more things with the other characters would be fun.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

At this point, I’d be willing to take anything new for AA.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/ScarletStudy1/status/1210008024405950464

If I haven't seen it, it's new to me!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hell yes. Definitely waiting till the full patch is out on android but looks like they're well on their way.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It feels like it's been forever since AA6. I hope we get info on 7/ ATHENA'S GAME soon :)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I saw a new post, and I hoped beyond hope

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

:(

Really, though, I wonder what’s been going on behind the scenes over there, because it’s kind of getting baffling that there’s still no news of any kind for an AA7.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

:(

Really, though, I wonder what’s been going on behind the scenes over there, because it’s kind of getting baffling that there’s still no news of any kind for an AA7.

They're waiting to put it on next gen consoles, obviously.

Right?

Right?

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013
Probably, since last year they were getting the original trilogy on everything. At the very least you'll get 4-6 on everything this year setting up for whatever is next for the franchise, whether main game or spin off.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Aww, and it looks like the account that had something like an hour’s worth of bloopers from the anime’s dub got banned, too. :(

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

drat this thread coming back and my hoping it meant there was a new game announced. :(

Anyway still have AA2 and AA3 left to play but that stupid circus case has me not wanting to continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The twist ending to the first day of the trial is pretty magnificent to be fair.