Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/pokeprotos/status/1328304824060809216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Squiddycat posted:

Do you think the fan translation for dgs2 is on the rocks now

Seems like a lot of time and effort to go through to finish something that would no longer be necessary.

This sucks cause I already went ahead and bought the Japanese version of DGS2 so I wouldn't have to figure out how to do it again when the time came.

But nah I'm just happy if there's an official one at last. Edgeworth 2 next please

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ok, time to start getting excited.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Here's hoping we really will see Kenji 2 some day :unsmith:

(I think it definitely has better chances than mother 3 at this point)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Will be cool to have DGS as a single full-length AA game.

e: wonder if they'll reorder some of the cases to be more chronological

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Herlock Sholmes is great because in some of the original Arsene Lupin stories, he'd go up against Herlock Sholmes or Hemlock Shears since this was when Doyle was still alive.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Sweet, I've been meaning to play this game for ages! Here's hoping it'll get a PC release as well.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Themlock Sholmes, please.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Dare we dream, then, that this five game collection thus implies another Trilogy + Duology pack down the line?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

MorningMoon posted:

Capcom got hacked. Hackers asked for like 11 million and capcom was like lolno, so lotta stuff is out there. For AA its minorish, but here's the next product:
a japanese physical collection on ps4 nd switch for aa trilogy and gaa 1+2. Could be exciting if the latter makes it to the west.
:stare:

Gruckles posted:

The leaked slides mention that the physical release is Japan-only, but there were be a digital bundle, and that in the overseas version Sherlock Holmes is replaced by Herlock Sholmes.
https://twitter.com/pokeprotos/status/1328281538442653696
:catstare:
:bisonyes:

Oh all the YES.
I'll be a contrarian and say that Herlock Sholmes is a bit uncanny valley for me but gently caress the Doyle estate and they won't ruin this for me.
All aboard the Grandpa Naruhodo train, next stop our wallets.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Herlock Sholmes was good enough to get Doyle off of Maurice Leblanc's rear end back in 1910 and I appreciate the double literary reference it becomes.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It's silly but it's silly with history.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

In a way, I kind of prefer Herlock over Sherlock for the historical silliness and the fact that filing all the serial numbers off somehow makes it feel more Ace Attorney.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/RAPWNED/status/1328439298509647873?s=19

What a time to be alive. Like opening christmas presents early.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Come on, Ace Attorney Athena Cykes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Apollo Justice 2 but this one deals with the holes in Athena's backstory for some reason.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Interesting, looks like the Great Ace Attorney games might be getting a collection of their own, instead of piggybacking on a Trilogy re-release? If I don't have to pay for three games I already own (one twice), the deal for the GAA duology looks even sweeter.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I remember when I said years ago that GAA would probably get a localization even though AAI2 didn't

Vindicated, baybee :cool:

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Gruckles posted:

Herlock Sholmes.

Maurice Leblanc's legacy lives on.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Finally some good loving news.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yes, excellent, now I can play GAA without having to buy a new phone.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I didn't even realize Herlock Sholmes was already a thing, but it was my immediate first thought upon learning about the Doyle estate trying to lock down the Holmes property. One could argue that it's an obvious notion, but I choose instead to believe that I am just that in tune with all the greats.

Waffleman_ posted:

Herlock Sholmes is great because in some of the original Arsene Lupin stories, he'd go up against Herlock Sholmes or Hemlock Shears since this was when Doyle was still alive.

I also appreciate learning this, because way before I ever heard of Arsene Lupin, I encountered the character Arpin Lusene in a Don Rosa story.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Time to change the thread title to Ace Attorney 7 and DGS are coming to English, and that's fine

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hate to be a naysayer but I would uh at least wait for an official announcement first.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Hate to be a naysayer but I would uh at least wait for an official announcement first.

Yeah, there's where I'm at. Plus

https://twitter.com/in2tiate/status/1328412504914087937

the timeline we're seeing is pre-covid, so these games could come out late 2021, if not maybe 2022.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It definitely seems like if that graph were still accurate we would've seen some sort of official announcement before this leak. Hopefully the actual stuff in it is still true even though I have to assume the timeline isn't.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I went back to the first page to reminisce and I realized that basically the entire first trilogy happened in the real timeline before we got a new game

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

October next year will be the 20th anniversary of the series. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're currently aiming to put the DGS+Original Trilogy set out around then, and get 7 far enough along to be announced.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ScarletStudy1/status/1336725590766981126?s=19

Capcom has apparently started delisting the DGS games. Could be a sign of the leaks coming to pass, but still sucks to see more companies doing this sort of thing.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Anyone have a backup of those screenshots? Looks like they were DCMA'd

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

How's the DLC for Spirit of Justice? I just beat the main game the other day.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Commander Keene posted:

The DLC case is decent, I'd say? It's just a standalone story but it's reasonably good. Not a vital element of the game like Dual Destiny's DLC but worth the time and money.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Are you hankering for more? It's a lot weaker than Turnabout Reclaimed, but if playing another case and/or more screentime for characters from AA1 appeal to you, go for it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The main thing about it is just that Spirit of Justice as a whole is so strong that the DLC case ends up being the weakest one. This is in contrast to Dual Destinies where the DLC case is far and away the best one in the game. But the SoJ DLC is still fine so you may as well play it. Especially since with still no news about an AA7 this may be your last case for some time.

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."

Commander Keene posted:

I liked it a lot. It's definitely worth the purchase. Very mild spoilers regarding the scenario: I don't care what convoluted reasons the writers need to come up with to get Phoenix and Edgeworth in court again. The result is hilarious and well worth your time and I hope it happens again in AA7..

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It’s also set after the end of the main game, so there’s no awkwardness about major revelations that completely change how you view certain major characters. The most it does is just give some wink-wink references to Apollo staying behind.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wake the gently caress up, gang, we got a name now

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1360501174600876032?s=19

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm feeling real dumb for having imported the 3DS games right about now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'M READY FOR HERLOCK SHOLMES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Thank you, capcom. Also, where the gently caress is the Apollo trilogy??