Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Kalil went out, they went into a shell thinking their fourth quarter lead was enough.

Never count out Touchdown Drew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It's time Cutler started his Back-up years, imo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Durandal1707 posted:

Apparently they had a falling out during Marshall's last season in Chicago, to the point where Marshall said the best QB he ever played with was Kyle Orton and not Cutler.

Checks out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Magicpants posted:

why would he waste any time prepping for the pats when he's got a seahawks game in less than 3 weeks

This is actually a pretty good point.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Horse Inspector posted:

This can't be real. It looks like that Drew Brees gif from a season or two back.

Edit:

I love it when this poo poo comes back around.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TheLightPurges posted:

Betting on himself

Kaepernick has taught me one thing... never bet on yourself, take the money.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I believe it can now after they opened up the 2 point return. The NFL used to just blow the play dead if a turnover happened on a 2 point conversion.

Clearly enough teams haven't factored that into their "go for 2" scenarios.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Falcons kicked the Ram's asses so hard that they fired the seemingly immortal Jeff Fisher.

That's a pretty sick beating.

FizFashizzle posted:

Smith got screwed in Atlanta and is a very good hc

Christ, we agree on a thing re:the NFC South

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 12, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

... Why the gently caress were they considering firing Doug Pederson? They were expected to be a 6 win team this year and are almost exactly that with a rookie QB and a really flawed roster and were fixing cap problems.

Probably the same reason people were calling for Dan Quinn to be fired last year.

The collapse after the terrific start to the season.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sataere posted:

You gain nothing doing it now. It doesn't even prevent you from vetting candidates. Just say you are conducting an internal audit of your operations in comparison with the rest of the league.

Honestly, every team should be doing this every year anyway.

I love the idea that Khan thinks he is doing the man a solid by firing him before Christmas. That'll make for a great holiday. :v:

When you're a goddamn millionaire NFL headcoach? Not sure that loving matters.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

i like the gif where josh mccown is running and screaming like an action movie hero before he gets helicoptered before getting to the endzone

I love the rosencopter, but the mccown running man gif is pulitzer worthy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Fire Marvin Lewis, IMHO.

I'll take it!

Hello, LA? I think I have something you might want.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Man, it's really good not having to worry about who my head coach is gonna be next year.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Has Coughlin even indicated that he wants to return to coaching? The man would be the oldest coach in the league with a 5 year gap to the guy in second place.

Why would he not just relax and not deal with the stress of being an NFL head coach and having your face fall off in the cold.

The reason you have to ask that question is also the reason that you've already reached your peak.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Get the gently caress away from my OC.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Weren't you guys organizing with pitchforks and torches ready to storm Falcons headquarters and kill the man less than a year ago?

A year ago he had just driven Roddy White out of town and our offense was a loving mess.

But yeah, he was not well loved last year. I still think hes a sniveling poo poo, but the offense is amazing so gently caress off, LA!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Roddy white was toast.

irrelevant

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

pubic works project posted:

My wife will be pleased. She loves Marvin Lewis. My boss will be pissed. No, they are not the same person who has multiple personalities. (Although that would explain a lot....)

Including that fact that you're loving your boss behind your wife's back.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

loving savage

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Don't go to SF, Vance.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't know what fact makes me laugh more

That the 49ers will be paying two HCs they no longer employ in 2017, or that Chip will be paid by two teams he no longer HCs in 2017

Chip will be laughing... all the way to the bank

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

That is the worst front office in the NFL and I don't think it's remotely close.

Well, this is technically correct, but only because the 49ers just fired Baalke.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I suspect Kyle Shanahan will at least get an interview.

If he takes a HC job, he'll be taking interviews this week, and it'll be with the team he actually wants to coach.

If he doesn't meet anyone this week, then I'm guessing he's not interested in a HC job yet.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

People were talking about him being a HC back when he was the OC at Washington. I was under the impression it's the direction he wants to go.

Sure, but generally speaking coordinators are allowed to interview for HC spots during the play-off bye week. If he's interested in interviewing, he'll be taking calls this week.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shangri-Law School posted:

Jim Bob Cooter is younger than Brandon Weeden.

With a name like that I just assumed he was like 65.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Chargers fans are melting down on Twitter because we interviewed Mike Smith, lol

HES A GOOD COACH

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

They WANT Patricia

HAHAHAHAHAAAaAAAAAAAAA11!!!!!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I guess the difference there is that "NFL" is so used it has become a name in its own right. "HC" is something you use because twitter has a character limit. When I see HC I read it to myself as "head coach" automatically. So I read it as "an head coach". Also head coach is exactly as many syllables as HC, so it doesn't save you time the way NFL does.

Putting "an" before h words is also someone common.

But I know what you mean re a/an when discussing acronyms, and it drives me up the loving wall.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think he's learned his lesson too. Losing money is a powerful motivator, and I believe sales were plummeting. Jed York is basically Snyder circa 1999. 49ers fans should either switch teams now or embrace death.

Redskins have a QB. He is not elite. He is not terrible. He is the definition of Good Enough and has continued to show signs of improvement over the last two years. The Redskins don't have an Aaron Rodgers or an Andrew Luck on their roster. But they do have a reliable starter who meshes well with the coach and OC. As the three grow together we could see even more progress (Kirk has the tools) but even where we are now is enough to work with. Having been through QB hell I am glad he's here.

What we desperately need is a stout defense and a run game.

He's loving up the 9ers at the perfect time. The Raiders are getting hot and fun to watch, so the bay area fans can jump ship to the team that's still on the fuckin' bay.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jan 9, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Eagles fired their WR coach, because come'on of course you have to.

Terry Robiski available? He's good... but I want to say he's an OC or some poo poo somewhere.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

He's the titans oc

He is a good WR Coach. Jones/White/Douglas loved him.

How is he as an OC?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

eh, he deserves a shot at head coach in a place where he won't be actively sabotaged by the front office.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nodoze posted:

They could hire worse people than Marrone, and it did seem like he got the team to play hard when he took over. Maybe not the best hire, but far from the worst and he has a really low bar to clear too

Damning with the faintest praise I've ever read in my loving life.

TSBX posted:

Goddamnit. This better be blue balls before we hire Smith.

Smith has a history with the Jags front office, so I wouldn't be shocked if he gets the job, at all.

That being said, I think he's going to San Diego.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hand Row posted:

It is weird reading comments where people actually want Mike Smith.

To be fair, he just wants him to remain the Buccs DC.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

whiteyfats posted:

God drat it, Shad. You couldn't find somebody with some small amount of success?

This loving team.

:smithicide:

The Bills under Marrone got their first winning season in a decade.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

If nothing else, he certainly hung around awhile.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Serious Question:

Do we have any LA Rams goon fans, or did all of the Rams goons jump ship after the move?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

But seriously who the gently caress is Anthony Lynn

A fall guy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Adun posted:

Why the hell did the Rams rush to hire Sean McVay instead of at least waiting to interview Kyle Shanahan?

I'm hearing rumors from the press that it's all but certain Shanahan is going to the 49ers.

I can't imagine how he see's that as an upgrade. All joking aside, that's a franchise that's going nowhere right now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sean10mm posted:

Completion % is a pretty deceptive stat, in the sense that you can throw short on 3rd and long constantly, making you a worthless garbageman QB, and have a stratospheric completion %. I don't know that it strongly correlates with winning or scoring or anything good happening unless it's totally in the toilet.

We all know what a dink'n'dunk offense is, man.

Parm has been screaming it at us for like 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nodoze posted:

Matt Ryan doesn't belong in the level of discussion with those guys but he's not sitting at the big boy table either. He's in his own little bubble right now, or maybe hanging out drinking a beer with Matt Stafford

mastershakeman posted:

he's barely better than flacco/cutler over their careers. tyrod's probably in the same category as him which is funny.

lol

• Locked thread