Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dan Quinn is trash and the Falcons are staring down a rebuild. If Ryan continues to fall apart this year, they should think hard about pulling the plug.

Sean Payton will be in New Orleans as long as Brees is there. The problem is their cap is hosed and the defense is turbo hosed.

Brees is a God there, knows it, and keeps twisting the team's balls for more money. On top of it they don't have the ownership structure to make the hard choice and tell him no. They'll never go anywhere as long as Brees is demanding and getting 25-30 million dollars a year. He'll just slowly become less effective as the team withers around him, culminating in a huge, farewell ceremony after another impotent 5-11 season. At this point they'll have no cap space, and will just have wasted probably yet another first round pick on an aging defensive bust.

Sean and Drew will meet at midfield and hug. There will be tears. Whomever is still alive in the ownership group will come out from the box and interact with the fans they'd normally not be seen in the same building as. The Panthers, fresh off a comfortable 17 point victory in their last tuneup for the post season, will politely stand by. The cameras will show Cam and Luke clapping, politely, checking the clock on the wall, knowing they have more important things to worry about.

Confetti will drop from the ceiling. Drew will be handed something, probably have his name revealed along the Saints ring of honor. Deep down, Sean knows his days with the Saints are over. Maybe he'll still coach again. God, honestly he'll have to. Last time he didn't have an NFL job he almost OD'd twice on opiates, and woken up next to enough 50 year old box in Key West he'll wish he had. Denver had been calling. Maybe a joke couple of years in Atlanta.

The city will erupt into a party that lasts for days. Drew will be at the head of a float, passing out coupons for 10 cents off Jimmy John's Sandwiches (no delivery). The surviving members of their Super Bowl team will be there. Recently deceased Steve Gleason and his corpse unearthed and paraded around town like the stygian slave festivals of another era. Jeremy Shockey will get too drunk to support himself on his walker. The party will rage. The National Guard will be called out, but there's no state money to pay for it. They will drop their rifles, grab the nearest under age dancer from Larry Flint's, and join the macabre celebration.

After a few days, the party will burn itself out. The participants will pull themselves from the gutters, dumpsters, flop houses, and sex shops. They'll vomit up days worth of gumbo, boudin, cheap rum, and cigarettes. Several men and women will find themselves in the same bed as the corpse of a victim of ALS. As the sun rises over the French Quarter, they'll finally feel that horrible emptiness. The light only cracked through the clouds for a moment; the storm never cleared. They caught lightning in a bottle once, and even then it was only good enough for one moment. What could have been a dynasty was dashed on the rocks of bad drafting, poor free agent signings, and irresponsible cap management. Instead, all they will have to show for it is a blip in the NFL landscape. A trivia question. A momentary reprieve. Finding 20 dollars on the ground on the way to the methadone clinic, where most of them will be heading anyway.

They are the Aints. They were always the Aints.

They'll be so distracted by their sorrow they won't feel the rumbling. They won't see the birds flying, panicked into the sky. They'll barely react as the buildings collapse around them. The waves will rise and begin to sweep the filth away, erasing everything they did, everything they loved, everything they ever were and everything they'll ever be. Above ground graves will be cracked open, and bodies washed first inland with the surge, then out with the tide; nature correcting its worst mistake. The roads, already cracked from disrepair, will split in half. The waters will rise again, for the last time.

And as they sink into Lake Ponchartrain, forced down by the cumulative weight of over a decade of dead cap space, tens of thousands of hand grenades will be defiantly hoisted into the air one last time, as a city of strippers, drug dealers, mulattoes, love children, and young republicans yell in a throaty voice "WHO DAT!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Payton doens't strike me as the type to go deal with Jerry, even if that's where he got his start.

Payton screams Denver to me.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

King Hong Kong posted:

Indianapolis seems like another option.

Indy is a dumpster fire and basically needs a total rebuild -1

I think Denver is going to be the place veterans go to chase a ring, both coaches and players, for the foreseeable future.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Quinn hand picked Vic Beasley and he's one of the least effective players I've ever seen.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 6, 2016

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dan Quinn, come on down.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MrLogan posted:

Can we change Del Rio's status to ice cold? tia

we're not talking about his blood.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gg buffalo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

preventing ACL tears is a predraft thing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

isn't it the nets who've traded like 5 up their upcoming firsts every other year or whatever

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

They might be bringing him in as an outside consultant and to get a head start on the next coaching search.

Panthers did the same thing with accorsi after they fired hurney.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ShakeZula posted:

Alright, since I'm a Colts fan and thus am constantly thinking about this, who do you guys think are some of the best/most realistic candidates to replace some of these guys? Obviously Harbaugh is a popular name but I don't know if he'd leave Michigan so quickly (and I also find him super obnoxious). My brother asked me if I would at this point trade Pagano for McDaniels straight-up, and I think my answer is yes.

we have this mike shula

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Sean Payton and Andrew Luck is as nasty a combination as Sean Payton and Jim Irsay.

yeah i don't know if you want those two enabling one another.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remmers 3 false starts in 4 attempts at starting a play.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rivera isn't going anywhere.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oldskool posted:

Yeah Rivera is fine unless he pulls a down-with-the-ship "I'm not firing my coordinators" thing. Even that is kind of sketchy as the issues they have now are the GM's doing, not anything coach-related.

The Panthers have the fifth ranked offense, and how can they blame sean mcdermott for the defense?

It's just a poo poo year with bad players who went and got injured

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

See you in Georgia chippy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bortles throwing motion looks like the love child of jimmy clausen and Tim tebow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Probably cancer or something :/

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oldskool posted:

Injuries at LT, #1 CB released late in the offseason, new #1 CB cut a month into the season.

Honestly the only reason they'd fire Rivera is to sign McDermott to a long-term HC deal, which doesn't exactly help matters.

Bene was not a #1 CB. The team has always viewed him as a slot corner, and he was just released by the dolphins so its safe to say he's toast.

Richardson has never fired a coach during the season. There are structural problems with the way the Panthers coaching staff approaches games, specifically in the second half, Rivera is as safe as anyone in the league.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chip is probably begging to get fired to he can gently caress off down to Baylor.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oldskool posted:

Bene is not A #1 corner, I agree, but of the CBs on the roster he was THE #1 CB because the alternatives were rookies and Robert McClain.

and the coaches took the rookies over him. Bradberry and McClain were the starting corners from day one, with Bene in the slot. It wasn't until Bradberry blew out his foot against the Falcons that bene got shifted outside. He was cut the game after.

To the coaches credit, the DBs have stabilized.

quote:

The problem with their coaching approach is that there's no adjusting. The Broncos said as much in the Super Bowl, how they were shocked that the Panthers hadn't installed literally anything new, offensively or defensively. They go into each game with a plan and they don't prepare to change that plan, so if the other team figures it out & comes up with a counter, they're hosed.

That's been the Panthers MO forever. I think the whole "we're going to out execute them and force our will" really resonates with the pre integration richardson mindset.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mike Shula

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh my god the Saints.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers haven't scored a second half touchdown in over a month.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hifi posted:

I agree, they should go back to what worked in the first month of the season

You can't play the Falcons and 49ers defense every week though.

In two of their first four games, they didn't score a second half touchdown laffo

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 18, 2016

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

But they played the Saints' defense. How the hell did they not win by more than 3 points?

Kalil went out, they went into a shell thinking their fourth quarter lead was enough.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Hire Jeff Fisher as the Saints second Special Teams coach

Why do you hate Ted ginns knees?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It's happening.

quote:

In the NFL, tumbling from a Super Bowl appearance to out of the playoffs usually requires a fall guy. The Panthers’ once-potent offense is broken, and if Shula can’t fix it soon, Rivera may be on the phone with his former boss Norv Turner come January.

http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-offense-broken/

Panthers control all the local media.

Where there's smoke there's always fire.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Are they really going to consider Norv?

It's basically the perfect offense for cam if you're not gonna kamikaze him fifteen times a game.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

I remember Gendo complaining about Rick Spielman bringing in too many Notre Dame guys when I was lurking here 3-4 years ago - which is kind of funny in retrospect because Harrison Smith and Kyle Rudolph are two of the better players on the Vikings right now.

That good huh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mike Shula needs to gooooooooooooo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Panthers schedule:

Seahawks
Chargers
Skins
Falcons
Bucs

So they're almost certainly losing at least one of those. Say their best case, coming off that major SB-losing season, is 8-8. Rivera's seat is almost certainly hot starting next season, correct? (Being optimistic here and saying he gets a pass for said SB-losing season, regardless of if he deserves it)

Rivera is fine.

Shula might be booted and praise Christ for that.

It'd be difficult for any team to overcome the injuries the panthers have suffered this year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Benne posted:

Who the hell is Billy Joe Tolliver

one of two billy joes to play for the saints that year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

FIsher: We're putting in a lot of work this week to get the ball to Amendola.

We did it guys.

Congratulations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

incompetent posted:

What kind of STD would I get?

one that never really does much but never fully goes away, and only harms the ones you care about the most.

Like HPV.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There's apparently growing dissension in the panthers locker room over mike Shula and the team is just eye rolling as hard as they can over the no tie thing.

Also the panthers have given up 500 yards three times this year which might be stomachabe considering the absurd injuries but with everything else... eesh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Goff is going to be good if either Fisher gets fired or they bring in Turner as OC next year

Back off norv is coming to Carolina.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm not sure the Rams will score 28 points through the rest of the year.

I like to imagine belichick and his coaches settling in for one of their marathon film sessions, watching ten minutes of the Rams offense, then saying "gently caress this let's go get loaded."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Timby posted:

According to the Tribune, if Fangio does indeed leave the Bears, Ed Donatell is considered the front-runner to replace him. :suicide:

Oh man Falcons legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rams are a joke from the top down.

• Locked thread