Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
At this very moment some psychopath is designing a superplague in his basement and all he has to do is drop a phial of it in a public place and it's lights out for humanity.

I just hope that before that happens someone uses CRISPR to engineer a retrovirus I can inject into my dick to make it bigger so I can at least enjoy myself a bit before I get schwacked by an ebola/flu/AIDS hybrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
What if the crazed designer is God, and auperplague is people. And the body is mother earth herself??

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
aug me up

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Doctor J Off posted:

What if the crazed designer is God, and auperplague is people. And the body is mother earth herself??

Woah. You just blew my mind.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I put vegetables in my crisper so they last longer before I don't eat them and throw them in the trash

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I put vegetables in my crisper so they last longer before I don't eat them and throw them in the trash

We are all doomed to die of vitamin deficiencies.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

pale horse my man

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Goodbye, earth, good be with ye.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

:same:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I checked my crisper this weekend to find some veggies I'd forgotten and it's a horror show.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I do crossfit so my body is too strong for pathetic weak viruses to infect

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Those zinc finger nucleases work too tho and MIT's D.R.A.C.O. :-)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh it's called "crossfit"? I'm gonna have to have a talk with my personal trainer, we've been doing "cockfit" :airquote: and I gotta say while it's good for the hammies I don't think this is the fitness craze thats sweeping the nation. :catbert:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Oh it's called "crossfit"? I'm gonna have to have a talk with my personal trainer, we've been doing "cockfit" :airquote: and I gotta say while it's good for the hammies I don't think this is the fitness craze thats sweeping the nation. :catbert:

They are almost identical you just have more of a chance of blowing your rear end in a top hat out with crossfit

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I've edited your genome to remove your irrational fears of crispr, op. Please regrow yourself from a fetus so the altered brain plan can take effect, thnx

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

They are almost identical you just have more of a chance of blowing your rear end in a top hat out with crossfit

Well my poo poo is whistlin in the wind as it is. :catbert:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

human race will die w/o ever knowing if they are a chip or a cracker

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

social vegan posted:

human race will die w/o ever knowing if they are a chip or a cracker

All guys named Chip are crackers.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
drat you crispin glover

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I save money by loading my shopping buggy with vegetables, and then unloading it into a trash bin inside the store. This way i still get the joy of selecting fresh produce and the shame of wasting it, but my wallet doesn't take a hit anymore.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Crisper will allow us to create talking horses, monkey butlers, and your dog will be able to do your taxes and even serve in the Congress.

And most importantly, we may be able to cure stupidity, or at least cause it to be painful.

I for one welcome this Brave New World.
Hillary in 202- OWWWW, MY BRAIN HURTS!

E:
Congressdogs.
Welp, it couldn't make things much worse.
Except for all the dog turds on the Congressional floor. Owait- no change.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 9, 2016

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i hope i can somehow make enough money to afford an enhanced child, when the time comes.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imagine how much it will suck when rich ppl are not only richer but also faster, stronger, smarter, etc - due to biomods. drat. the future is brutal as hell

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

ikanreed posted:

All guys named Chip are crackers.

The politically correct term is Saltine American, thank you.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
bring it on you fuckin pussies

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine gbs with CRISPR enhanced mods.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Smythe posted:

imagine how much it will suck when rich ppl are not only richer but also faster, stronger, smarter, etc - due to biomods. drat. the future is brutal as hell

We should kill them all before it gets to that point.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
And here I contracted Captain Trips for nuthin

(cough cough rattle)

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
We'll be able to design sentient beef patties so that your Double Quarter PounderTM will scream when you eat it.

New at Mickey D's !
They Scream Twice With Every Bite!TM

zimboe fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 9, 2016

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Smythe posted:

i hope i can somehow make enough money to afford an enhanced child, when the time comes.

would you go all out or "cripple" him or her in such a way that he or she occupies a niche instead of threatening those above them?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

dookifex_maximus posted:

so would you go all out or "cripple" him or her in such a way that he or she occupies a niche instead of threatening those above them?

if at all possible i would prefer to go fully OP so it breaks my head in its hands like in blade runner

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
good riddance

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
We could rebuild Paris Hilton with a working brain.

Rather than the three brain cells she makes do with now.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 9, 2016

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

At this very moment some psychopath is designing a superplague in his basement and all he has to do is drop a phial of it in a public place and it's lights out for humanity.

I just hope that before that happens someone uses CRISPR to engineer a retrovirus I can inject into my dick to make it bigger so I can at least enjoy myself a bit before I get schwacked by an ebola/flu/AIDS hybrid.

I let you in there as a friend.
Please stop telling people about my doomsday device

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i really thoguht crispr would be like a potato chip review app for gays only

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
ITS NOT FINISHED!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i've been saying this for years alreayd but the key is to actually create a metavirus which infects everyone but is totally benign until everyone is linked in and then you enforce an irresistible empathic impulse

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my kingdom for the perfectly designed busty ASMR babe

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Applewhite posted:

There'll be an injection that makes your dick glow in the dark.
You'll never have to buy flashlight batteries again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

We should kill them all before it gets to that point.

I mean if rich people are all 7 feet tall and look like movies stars it will be pretty easy to track them all down

• Locked thread