Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I have a desire to run a quick standard 7 person mafia game.

So here we are, I have the most standard of setups, with a hidden twist.

2 Mafia Goons
3 Vanilla Townies
1 Cop
1 Doctor

This is going to be a small game with no flavor for people who want to play mafia for its own sake.

1.Spiros
2.Propaganda Machine
3.GlitchThief
4.Asiina
5.Jimson
6.Somber
7.AnonymousNarcotics

That's it, not much explanation needed.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I will sign up for this game only if people agree to put effort into this. I will be super pissed if people lurk!!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Spiros posted:

I will sign up for this game only if people agree to put effort into this. I will be super pissed if people lurk!!

This brings me to my next point.

This is exactly what I made this game for and I am going to be harassing lurkers.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This is a good-looking thought exercise. I'll play.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I hate twists but I love mafia.

Wait I hate mafia too.

gently caress it, I'm in!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I hate everything but I want to play a really effort game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Can we have short deadlines please.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Can we have short deadlines please.

Yes

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Me also I wanna be inuyasha

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Please no :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Spiros posted:

Please no :(

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

This may not be your kinda game jimson.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if he's inuyasha then i DEFINITELY get to be miroku. glad to finally see some anime around here!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Somber, is that a signup?

Also, I don't mind if Jimson joins but I don't want to have him joining cost two people unjoining.

So Jimson, I will let you in with the caveat that you put in effort and treat the game like you did in Shine 2.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

Also, I don't mind if Jimson joins but I don't want to have him joining cost two people unjoining.

So Jimson, I will let you in with the caveat that you put in effort and treat the game like you did in Shine 2.

yes.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

CapitalistPig posted:

I will treat it like I am my current games windowless and blue smash with the utmost respect and posting ability. Nothing can best shine 2.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I will treat it like I am my current games windowless and blue smash with the utmost respect and posting ability. Nothing can best shine 2.

fair enough

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's not that I'm going to unsign up, it's that Jimson has never once displayed to me any ability to play mafia and I will probably want to hang him d1 no matter what in a 2 day game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Spiros posted:

It's not that I'm going to unsign up, it's that Jimson has never once displayed to me any ability to play mafia and I will probably want to hang him d1 no matter what in a 2 day game.

well, he does sometimes try. He is more tryhard than imgay and harold krell.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

i was going to throw some shade but you do have more posts than at least two players in windowless!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Spiros posted:

No need to get mad that you are a bad mafia player and are not operating on the same wave length as I good mafia extraordinaire are operate . In on.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

well, he does sometimes try. He is more tryhard than imgay and harold krell.

That's not a high bar.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Clicked expecting ff2. Disappointed.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I'll have you all know there are people who look forward to games with me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll have you all know there are people who look forward to games with me.

I look forward to you proving me wrong!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Clicked expecting ff2. Disappointed.

I have to wait for votefinder on that.

Also waiting for soldiers game to be done.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Where dem roles at tho?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
so what inuyasha character is everyone. inuyasha and miroku have already been taken but there are still a lot of great options!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm more of a Sango

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Spiros posted:

I'm more of a Sango

i seriously almost posted that earlier.

confirming this is my first game of mafia in a year(???)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Roles are out

it is now Day 1.

:siren: DEADLINE IS TOMORROW AT 5PM EASTERN :siren:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

So guys. Let's talk about who that scum is. As if we don't already know its asiina. (cpig accidentally sent me the role list)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hello, I am a self aligned Hypercharger. Good luck.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Spiros posted:

I can't access the wiki at work. What is this?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Spiros posted:

##vote spiros scumclaim.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hypercharger, or the Superhero, made his first (and so far only) appearance in MAFIA XIII.2: Armageddon.. A Native Youth empowered by a mysterious force, Hypercharger combined the powers of the Cop, Doctor, and Vigilante into a single, nigh-unstoppable force. Hypercharger also had the power to anonymously communicate with other players, fake his own death in event of being lynched or killed in the night, and act both during the day and night. His only vulnerability was his Secret Love, a single Vanilla Townie that he had to keep alive at all cost.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

##vote asiina

Cuz I already kno who scum is.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

GlitchThief posted:

I can't access the wiki at work. What is this?

some dumb bullshit grondemar did a million years ago, it doesn't matter.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Jesus, it sounds awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

GlitchThief posted:

Jesus, it sounds awful.

grondemar made bad games with cool flavor but it was in the early days of mafia.

• Locked thread