Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This is a good-looking thought exercise. I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

sorry i havent read this thread. my post was not a sign up so i didnt expect to be put in

But good on asiina for calling out my lurking at any rate. The anime content injection was bullshit but the game's theme is talking more, so.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

GlitchThief posted:

Imo forced "content creation" strategies are phony garbage that town buys into for some reason and that scum happily plays along with when it comes up because it's so easy to look accommadating.

Yeah, I've always personally pushed for content creation but this is very true. It kept me alive and looking decent in Ecco's game as the ridiculously overpowered ninja assassin to be able to poke holes in disprovable effortposts from the first couple of game days.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
With that said I don't like ANarc's trajectory above. Missing the first couple of hours is one thing but she seems like she's overcompensating, especially since most of those are joke posts well into the actual game.

Jimson is sus but I only skimmed pages 2/3. I'm about to lose signal but I'll reread them.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Reading more carefully. Time zone plus evening commitments!

Asiina posted:

I would not like to hang PMach because she very, very rarely plays and I'd like her to have a good mafia time.

I...

:3:

You know, I love that we can now sit here and laugh about Battleship. I think that was my second game ever.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
First read done.

Spiros is pinging me hard. It's not even content creation, it's outright goading.

Somebody remind me what that name change was? This poo poo is bananas.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

are we well into the actual game?

This is not good. Page three had Stuff.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Okay I gave it time and it seems to have simmered off.

Jimson Gambit-u DEACTIVATE.

I definently think asiina is town. She fought the accusations. Stayed engaged and after falling back into stride with the fact that it was just dumb Jimson being dumb she went back to ignoring me

I think Somberero may be scum. They latched onto my post where I called them rown. Ensuring it would be the first post of the next page and said something akin to "lol I could see cpig dk this." Then their insistance on scum hunting d1 with zero content reeks of scum trying to seem engaged so they can just coast to lylo.

I also have some pings from glitch thief because of the way they handled the accusations. Belaying blame and pushing it off into the ether rather than really addressing it... but eh I came into this game with a reputation. Do with this what you will.

I'm just torn on this one. I like the moxie, and I'd have to really squint to argue it, but it doesn't feel right. I guess in a slam book post like this I'd almost rather see a Lumpenlist justifying neutrals and such.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Spiros posted:

Also please answer my questions when you get a moment.

I'm on mobile, would you mind quoting?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If it's lunch/would not lunch and why:

You, because I think you're fishing for stuff to use against people later.

Asiina, for today, because even if Jim is scum I agree with his analysis on her.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Thanks. The others will require more thought and less phone. Lemme get home and I'll give it to ya.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Spiros posted:

I'm definitely asking people to say specific things, it's true :)

Do you think that would be effective as scum, though? I'd like you to argue how it would be.

Read my earlier quote/response. Generating content is really effective for scum. It gives them a lot of strawman to dress up and take out for a nice dinner on LYLO. I signed up for this shindig partially because unpacking some of these bullshit meta's seems both fun and useful.

I'm going to answer your other queries shortly, but I do think it's cool that my mind is already changed on something.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Ughh it was a joke

I'm okay with this. You're not contributing, and your retorts are glib.

##vote ANarc

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh, hey.

2 - I don't give a single flying poo poo about the twist. It's irrelevant to anything at hand.

3 - That's a stupid question. ANarc is right out; she's shitposting and I'm voting against her. If I said Asii, we'd look like scum bros. Actually, I think this question is designed to suss out scum bros.

4 - oh ffs. No. I have half a mind to vote you over ANarc for even thinking that's a relevant questions.

I mean, I'm not. Between her being glib and barely there, and you fishing for info, I'll go for your stinky tugboat.Just please don't take that to mean I think you're being genuine up in here.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Spiros posted:

Twist is relevant. You refusing to answer 4 is interesting. Thank you for your participation.

Go on.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I mean, okay, I'll play ball.

I think the twist is that there is no twist.

I think it's a red herring.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Like, especially because this game is about communicating. Awesome to speculate upon twist. Genuinely. But since talking mafia is the raison d'etre, I think the *~*~*twist*~*~*~* is there simply to do exactly what you're doing with it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Spiros posted:

Maybe, or maybe I'm privvy to the twist?

Spill, or else admit that you're full of it.

You wouldn't be breadcrumbing like this if it were pro-town.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And by full of it, saying that it was an empty post full of words with no meaning, that's fine.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Fair enough for now.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Spiros posted:

Prop, what is your definition of "fishing"?

Calling out people willy-nilly to amass evidence that may or may not have any real meaning. Take any given player, force them to name drop any other given player and declare reasons, times weird justifications, and I'm going to be side-eyeing anybody who tries to use any of these/those sound bytes as evidence when poo poo gets real.

• Locked thread