Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
I mean it's not an iPhone, I have like 3 of those laying about to swap a sim into in case I get drunk again and fall down while trying to play pokemon go like an idiot.

but I'm tempted to buy one of these $50 amazone phones just to see if it's $50 wasted, just to have a spare device made of fragile eletronics and glass around just in case I need something to slap a sim into.

also it's completely unlocked outside of amazon trying to sell me cat and dog food, which I'm already going to buy from amazon, as it's only like $2 less to go up the road to get the fancy poo poo we feed our pets, and I already got prime, so some jackass has to carry 120lbs of food 2-3 times a year up our hilly rear end driveway.

Should I buy this phone, and test it for the pleasure of y'all.

or should I get a 6 hour probation for this bad idea?

Keep in mind, it's only $50 to get one of these bastards.

(and evidently so much better than the first smartphone I got. . . the htc ppc6700)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

enotnert posted:

I mean it's not an iPhone, I have like 3 of those laying about to swap a sim into in case I get drunk again and fall down while trying to play pokemon go like an idiot.

but I'm tempted to buy one of these $50 amazone phones just to see if it's $50 wasted, just to have a spare device made of fragile eletronics and glass around just in case I need something to slap a sim into.

also it's completely unlocked outside of amazon trying to sell me cat and dog food, which I'm already going to buy from amazon, as it's only like $2 less to go up the road to get the fancy poo poo we feed our pets, and I already got prime, so some jackass has to carry 120lbs of food 2-3 times a year up our hilly rear end driveway.

Should I buy this phone, and test it for the pleasure of y'all.

Keep in mind, it's only $50 to get one of these bastards.

(and evidently so much better than the first smartphone I got. . . the htc ppc6700)

https://www.google.com/nexus/6p/ OP. hth

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

i know you are smythe, but that phone is $400 out of my budget for this project. . .

as i'm also considering the moto g (4th generation)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
OP

no your not

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

enotnert posted:

i know you are smythe, but that phone is $400 out of my budget for this project. . .

as i'm also considering the moto g (4th generation)

capitalone.com OP

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
can you assholes just encourage me to buy a lovely phone for your amusement, or tell me to go spend it on gods elixr (busch lite + whatever pills an urgent care will give me for saying my rear end hurts)

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
i recommend, instead of wasting 50 dollars on a piece of garbage manufactured in a factory that dumps industrial waste in rural villages like some sort of captain planet villain to cut costs on a sixth tier also ran android device, that you save the money or better yet donate it to a worthy charity

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

enotnert posted:

can you assholes just encourage me to buy a lovely phone for your amusement, or tell me to go spend it on gods elixr (busch lite + whatever pills an urgent care will give me for saying my rear end hurts)

buy it to piss off keebler. whats he going to do? knit a cruise missile to own you? doubt it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i would spend the 50 bucks on books about how to become a better person op. you can even buy some engineering 101 books and start learning your way to making yourself a lovely phone

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

you have consumer brain, seek help

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
You have an unhealthy obsession with "slamming" SIMs.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I mean it's not a hot babe, I have like 3 of those laying about to swap a dick into in case I get drunk again and fall down while trying to play pokemon go like an idiot.

but I'm tempted to let a guy blow me just to see if it's time wasted, just to have a spare set of lips around just in case I need something to slap a trouser snake into.

Should i get blown by this dude, and test it for the pleasure of y'all?

Keep in mind, receiving is not really that gay.

(and evidently so much better than the first beej I got. . . )

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

buy it and then sned teh yosphone

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

SO DEMANDING posted:

buy it and then sned teh yosphone

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a blue phone... 🤔

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

wait, aren't you supposed to be dead

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Smythe posted:

buy it to piss off keebler. whats he going to do? knit a cruise missile to own you? doubt it

i want to see him try, though, so get the phone.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

instead of spending time pondering what to buy, finding the best price to buy it at, thinking about whether you should buy it, then ultimately buying it to scratch the itch of wanting to buy something, go do some work that makes you feel fulfilled.

just think how much time you're going to sink into poking around with this thing that could be better spent doing literally anything.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
i dunno, the motorolas aren't much more and a better phone (lawl they're android with amazon ads they're horrible phones)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you should definitely buy this phone, op. please report back including an unboxing

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

GameCube posted:

wait, aren't you supposed to be dead

i am posting from beyond the grave :spooky:

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
just buy 5 of these

http://www.banggood.com/AIEK-E1-1-Inch-Ultra-thin-Micro-SIM-Card-Bluetooth-GSM-Mini-Card-Mobile-Phone-p-1072076.html

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

if you have need 4 backup phones for when you get drunk and destroy them then what you need is alcohol addiction counselling

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My brother bought that phone. It's fine whatever (he had a nice china smartphone when he lived in China)

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Doc Block posted:

You have an unhealthy obsession with "slamming" SIMs.

someone do the needful

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i wonder what became of that firefox phone i gave someone for yos ss whenever that was

buy a firefox phone on ebay op

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PleasureKevin posted:

if you have need 4 backup phones for when you get drunk and destroy them then what you need is alcohol addiction counselling

he's just trying to find some pleasure, kevin

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Jonny 290 posted:

he's just trying to find some pleasure, kevin

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
pleasure kevin's username is a gift that keeps on giving

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
he doesnt' want me to get pleasure by not drinking out at a bar for a half evening, and buying a stupid phone for stupid reasons.

he should be non pleasure kevin

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
have you tried loving the phone

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

These phones look rad

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Oh hey, it's got a micro headphone port

So it's already more advanced than an iPhone 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari