Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
When I start a new game these days I give myself 3 in every stat, then pump the legit XP into the stuff I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Someone help me roll up an Other Kin Otherkin where I pretend to be my relatives.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Dreddout posted:

When was this? Because just lol if you don't acquire the pdfs for free online nowadays!

Late-ish 90's I believe.

But lol if you bother with free pdfs even. Back in high school I played a little D&D for a year or so. I started buying the books, but quickly realized they're 90% unnecessary. I'd DM games and pretend to be consulting the charts and stuff for die rolls, but mostly I was just trying to tell an entertaining story while letting the players think that an element of random chance was effecting the game. RPG's work best as some kind of improv dinner theater where the participants think they have more control than they actually do.

*As long as the DM is a good story teller that can think on their feet and understand building tension and poo poo.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

von Carstein.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I never got into WoD, do they have a playbook for folks like me who go "gently caress these snowflake warwelfs/choculas" and let you play a drunken hick with a rocksalt shotgun?

I'm thinkin' anything between the ragtag bunch from Carpenter's Vampires or an actual government-funded gig like Xcom

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
^^^ there was a series for mortal hunters but i never actually read or played it

This made me get out my old Sons of Ether book. Mad scientists chilling with the wizards.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ChickenHeart posted:

I never got into WoD, do they have a playbook for folks like me who go "gently caress these snowflake warwelfs/choculas" and let you play a drunken hick with a rocksalt shotgun?

I'm thinkin' anything between the ragtag bunch from Carpenter's Vampires or an actual government-funded gig like Xcom

Yes, of course they did.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gangrel, because my Glasswalker pc, which would have TOTALLY WORKED, got shot down by the Storyteller.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y33hGaEgW7U

Isolaaateedd

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you didn't gently caress that goth club vampire just fuckin lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Moridin920 posted:

The whole game was made for it, honestly.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gotta get low poly titty y'all

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Darth Freddy posted:

Lasombra all the way bitches

e:

ChickenHeart posted:

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yes, of course they did.

nWoD did it better with Hunter: the Vigil though

it divides hunters up into 3 different "tiers" so you can do basically every type of mortal supernatural hunters, from soccer moms who find out that the undead exist and decide to do something about it up to X-files style government conspiracies and the Catholic church's Malleus Maleficarum plus a boatload more (i.e. a corporation trying to use the supernatural to get ahead in biotech, degenerate hedonists who hunt supernatural creatures for sport, social media reporters trying to expose the supernatural, etc.)

LGD fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 9, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I liked that if you were really hot literally everyone would go gay for you

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

I liked that if you were really hot literally everyone would go gay for you

realistic imo

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

And I stare at lights that makes me bliiiiiiind

Internally there's nothing left for me to be
I'm here alooooone and

isolated

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
The technocracy did nothing wrong, and their only crime was trying to prevent the world from being run by goth posers.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Cappadocian yo.

Bad rear end ancient vampire lord jumps a random guy in the desert, it turns out to be Jesus, cue long philosophical debate, vampire get's head turned inside out, converts to essentially Catholicism, purges childer for not knowing how to read and write Latin.

It's loving hilarious.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Cool thing about the music in the game was it was in regular old mp3 format ready to be used on any player you wanted.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Dreddout posted:

The technocracy did nothing wrong, and their only crime was trying to prevent the world from being run by goth posers.

:awesomelon:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i absoultely hated the stuff in this game that relished in that 2004 era goth aesthetic, the nightclub church with the horrible music and all. it was rad to be a snivelling elitist shithead through the whole thing

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Actually I was wrong it's the Dentons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbObIAIR3sA

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Bloodlines is the better game, but Redemption still holds a place in my heart.

I wish they would have continued the adventures of pissed-off=Christof and Pink.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Remember fellas, if you play bloodlines today just noclip to the end of the sewer level.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I ran a Vampire campaign for about 3 years and it was way more fun than DnD because you had magic in a modern setting.

Now I run a Hunter game that is all about slaughtering a bunch of pissbitch vampires that all want to be the next Lestat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh and the best clan is Nosferatu, duh.
Considering the curse can be anything you want, I like normal-looking Nos that do poo poo like make it feel like there are bugs crawling on your face if you are near them or always have a tiny trickle of blood oozing from some orifice.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
im gonna join whatever vampiore clan alucard is on because i kno it will be vivacious :drac:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

You've made a powerful enemy this day, sign.

One day I'm gonna gently caress that stop sign.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
tie between gangrel and children of judas if anyone wants to acknowledge requim, tho malkavian is also a very solid option imo

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
usually Toreador, sometimes Ventrue iirc

Stuntman posted:

i still need to play this game

:same:

shame about the combat tho, but then again u could say the same thing about Deus Ex and thats prob the greatest PC game of all time

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Vakal posted:

Bloodlines is the better game, but Redemption still holds a place in my heart.

I wish they would have continued the adventures of pissed-off=Christof and Pink.

I'm still not over Pink, man, too soon

Redemption was good. And they had a level-maker if you wanted to run campaigns for your nerd friends.

Hometown Slime Queen fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 9, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Combat never bothered me, walk up behind a dude and suck out all his blood, nbd

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Also another vote for Nosferatu because Gary was best character in game

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Inzombiac posted:

Oh and the best clan is Nosferatu, duh.
Considering the curse can be anything you want, I like normal-looking Nos that do poo poo like make it feel like there are bugs crawling on your face if you are near them or always have a tiny trickle of blood oozing from some orifice.

They changed the Appearance=0 flaw? Lame.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

whats the name of that vampire clan that sucks the poo poo out of people's assholes while they sleep

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Anthrovore posted:

whats the name of that vampire clan that sucks the poo poo out of people's assholes while they sleep

stepdad

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

The game had the money cheat code which made female NPC boobs bigger until the game crashed.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
i had a commie brujah the only time i played

it was more boring than ad&d 2nd ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Also another vote for Nosferatu because Gary was best character in game

Bertram Tung was a cooler nosferatu imo and also WRONG DUMB IDIOT the best character is fat larry

• Locked thread