Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
How is this even a discussion anymore?

In case you guys arent following the Dakota pipeline protests some archaic dinosaur robber barons are stealing native american tribal land so that they can save a couple bucks on transport costs. Some "private security" set dogs on the people peacefully protesting the almost certain reduction and contamination to their drinking water and destruction of their cultural lands.

Thats just one tiny issue with an industry that is furiously fighting to keep pumping ludicrous amounts of carbon and methane into the atmosphere as we march seemingly inexorably towards 2° of warming.

Nationalize, dismantle, seize the assets of every executive, liquidate every piece of equipment and launch the oil into the sun. Use those billions of dollars to set up sustainable energy sources and prepare for the apocalyptic future that lies ahead of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Maybe you should be dismantled you hippie.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't think that would work.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
my segway runs on truffle butter. it's an investment for the future.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Thread Rule

If you are currently or have ever been employed by the fossil fuel industry please disclose that information in your post.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
another leaf ugh

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Bert Roberge posted:

Maybe you should be dismantled you hippie.

a hole-y ghost posted:

I don't think that would work.

jeez lookit that two posters breaking the rule before its even poasted

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i think that you will find that this earth is lovely garbage for idiots and that we should hasten its demise as quickly as possible

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Sonofsilversign posted:

Thread Rule

If you are currently or have ever been employed by the fossil fuel industry please disclose that information in your post.

I'm the president of bp and I want you to know that oil is now sustainable because our chemists have figured out how to make it out of ground up brown children

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Vargs posted:

i think that you will find that this earth is lovely garbage for idiots and that we should hasten its demise as quickly as possible

the earth will be fine dummy theres nothing insignificant little ants like us could do to it. its us our children and most of the plants and animals we share this journey through space with that are gonna get hosed over

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Vargs posted:

Earth is gonna be fine, we'll end up choking 99% of multicellular life on the planet but Earth and life on it are going to keep on chugging along

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i think once the siberian permafrost started to go it was too late, what with self-catalysis feedback and whatnot

whatevs, nothing of value will be lost

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

MiracleWhale posted:

I'm the president of bp and I want you to know that oil is now sustainable because our chemists have figured out how to make it out of ground up brown children

I was a staff scientist at bp and this guy is totally full of poo poo, oil is made up from ground up brown dinosaur children

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sonofsilversign posted:

In case you guys arent following the Dakota pipeline protests some archaic dinosaur robber barons are stealing native american tribal land so that they can save a couple bucks on transport costs. Some "private security" set dogs on the people peacefully protesting the almost certain reduction and contamination to their drinking water and destruction of their cultural lands.

Thats just one tiny issue with an industry that is furiously fighting to keep pumping ludicrous amounts of carbon and methane into the atmosphere as we march seemingly inexorably towards 2° of warming.

Nationalize, dismantle, seize the assets of every executive, liquidate every piece of equipment and launch the oil into the sun. Use those billions of dollars to set up sustainable energy sources and prepare for the apocalyptic future that lies ahead of us.

The pipeline is being built in conjunction with the feds (through the Army Corps). Not sure how you think this would change anything at all.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The pipeline is being built in conjunction with the feds (through the Army Corps). Not sure how you think this would change anything at all.

what are they gonna pump through the pipeline when every oil executive is against a wall and their employees have been press ganged into terraforming the land they destroyed smart guy?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm gonna go on a quest and pipebomb every pipeline in this country

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Zzulu posted:

I'm gonna go on a quest and pipebomb every pipeline in this country

0/10 pipelines destroyed

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
they explode by themselves all the time so why bother

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
what about microwave power plants? are we not getting those irl?

i bet if :shillary: chokes right before the election and :smugdon: gets elected he will build arcologies (but only after securing the border)

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 10, 2016

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
did you know that fracking produces significantly worse by volume greenhouse emissions than coal plants

ripleys believe it or die in the coming resources wars

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Sonofsilversign posted:

did you know that fracking produces significantly worse by volume greenhouse emissions than coal plants

ripleys believe it or die in the coming resources wars

we get fracking instead of fusion

god drat america

pls stop raping the earth, srsly

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think we should reintroduce dinosaurs to the wild animal population. That way we secure fossil fuels for future generations, eliminate the need for sportsmens clubs to control the deer/grazing animals population, reduce the size and ferocity of wild dogs and cats, and reduce the genetic necessity for plants to make thorns and pointy poo poo. 40000 years from now poo poo will be utopia and you can rest easy knowing your remains will get blown out the back of a Buick exhaust at a Cyber Arby's drive through.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sonofsilversign posted:

what are they gonna pump through the pipeline when every oil executive is against a wall and their employees have been press ganged into terraforming the land they destroyed smart guy?

I'm saying the poo poo is already nationalized and the government is already okay with the pipeline.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
I suck cock.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm saying the poo poo is already nationalized and the government is already okay with the pipeline.

yeah in fact the government is actively pushing the pipeline forward in violation of the treaties with those native american tribes what im saying is that maybe the government shouldnt be doing that? maybe we should have a state that isnt build around serving the interest of fossil fuel companies that in fact maybe we should have the opposite?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The pipelines are much safer than transporting it by road or rail. Also why do countries even have treaties anymore ?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we could power the nation forever, residential and industrial, for free with solar thermal covering what, 1/16th of arizona? maybe that much?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Sonofsilversign posted:

eh

Sonofsilversign posted:

true

Sonofsilversign posted:

please do not launch oil into the sun, that's not going to help anything

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I say keep killing the richest living person until the problems just end

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

jonathan posted:

The pipelines are much safer than transporting it by road or rail. Also why do countries even have treaties anymore ?

you misspelled cheaper

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I read an article that had a statement from the security that tried to convince me that the protesters were being very aggressive and that officers were getting "injured". Then the very next sentence was a glossed over mention of pepper spray and tear gas being used on the crowd. It was pretty slimy.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
All petroleum based products like plastic need to be outlawed.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+great+pacific+garbage+patch

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
sorry OP but the environment is a spook and oil is the energy of the future

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

AARO posted:

All petroleum based products like plastic need to be outlawed.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+great+pacific+garbage+patch

you can make plastic out of plants so yeah moving to biodegradable disposables aint exactly a bad idea

uhhh mods?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
oil is really awesome. use it in everything

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
idea: set fire to all the oil fields so theres no more oil

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
pay the injuns and build the pipe. the spice must flow

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i got a pipeline you can pump OP

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

MiracleWhale posted:

0/10 pipelines destroyed

Just Cause rules, this thread does not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sonofsilversign posted:

Sounds like you have some weird hosed up deathwish that you seem desperate to include everyone in on

• Locked thread