Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Parents are just lovely in general. I've only really ever coached clinics and reffed adults, so I don't really have any crazy sports patent stories, but I've done some work at child-based activities/theme parks/stage shows and every parent thinks their kid is more important than everything and everyone around them. I've had parents scream at me in front of dozens of strangers because I had the nerve to ask their precious 4 year old for the 3rd time not to come on stage in the middle of a show, using the excuse "He's only 4!" as if that precludes them from actually supervising him. I've been kicked and hit more times than I can count and I've never once seen a parent reprimand their child. Parents just want good pictures of their kids to share on Facebook, so I can only imagine what it's like when there's a competitive aspect involved. I've always wanted to coach a kids baseball/hockey team and I honestly question if I have the resolve to do so

e: I can remember one time I was inside of a 100-lb full body puppet and a kid hauled off and punched the puppet in the face and almost knocked me over. I was completely helpless, no one did anything, and the parents did not care (and actually complained to the manager because the kid hurt himself and apparently that was my fault)

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread