Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
One time a guy took his skate off and tried to stab me with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
OK seriously then:

For one summer I was a ref for inline hockey in CT. It was all day Saturday, starting with little tykes in the morning and ending up with teenagers by the end of the afternoon. It was my first season reffing, I wasn't THAT great of a skater but I knew the rules, passed the test, got hired by the Park and Rec office for some light entertainment and exercise.

During one game of the oldest kids, a player went into the boards pretty hard on his own and actually broke them (they were the old boards and glass from a local college so they weren't that great to begin with). Like, his butt broke the actual boards part. The play was going in the other direction but I didn't notice, I called the play dead immediately because of broken equipment (I remembered that was a safety hazzard from the rules). The coach of the team who had the ball at the time in the attacking zone was really nice when I skated up and apologized for not checking the play first. I was embarrassed but everyone was pretty cool about it.

A couple of weeks later I reffed for our adult league - rec league keep in mind. One of the teams had a guy who played Major Juniors in Canada and they mercy ruled every game...it wasn't fair at all. He got on my case for being in his way while he was stick handling around everyone. I apologized for him and said I would try harder. He wouldn't quit. I finally told him that I would ref and he would play. His teammates finally gave him enough poo poo about that that he calmed down. Next time my team played his he made it a point to clown me every time he could, which wasn't tough since I was pretty terrible.

and finally, I was reffing a game of early teens. I apparently made a "blown call" because one of the coaches lost his poo poo on me. He started calling me every name in the book during the game in front of everyone (including his son) so the other ref game him a bench minor. After the game as I was taking my equipment off he got in my face screaming at me for being terrible so I told him that he wouldn't have to worry about it because it was my last game reffing. I was being stationed overseas in a couple of months and was going to have to quit soon anyway but that was enough for me. The league president was in the scoring table watching it all happen and didn't care to step in. Dude's kid joined in on the screaming as well. Oh and the coach and I were stationed together at the same command and were teammates in the adult roller hockey rec league. Great guy.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

DJExile posted:

I'm sorry but that is goddamn hilarious. Did he ever apologize for the blow up?

Nope, but his wife did. Not like in a sexual way, she just told me she was embarrassed for him. Can't imagine what he must have been like at home.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

runoverbobby posted:

Look who failed to read between the lines.

Look who didn't see the hambeast in question.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Are you in CNY or did you just happen upon this?

• Locked thread