Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

somehow the republicans have dominated internet culture. idk how or when this happened

Democratic comedy has ground decadent and weak, relying on an every growing number of Daily Show correspondents to make goo-goo faces at the camera while showing clips of Fox and Friends morning news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

I dont think anybody calls themselves the "alt right"

The lack of a vaguely functional definition of alt-right should not be an impediment to journalists talking about them in ominous, scary tones reserved for the new trend you need to watch your teenagers for.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

its almost like hilarry isn't up to date on the minutia of dorky memes

AND THAT IS INCREDIBLY BADASS -sorry working on my next OccupyDemocrats article title

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

John Stewart did a lot for modern journalism and discourse. Before him people shouted past each other. Now we smug past each other.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

In a classic Clinton move, her legislation to ban and control memes will result in tens of thousands more African-Americans in jail.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Knight posted:

https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/733518431740252160

It is important in the 2016 election to know your frogs
The guy with "racism" in their rap sheet more times than "anime" appears in mine getting defensive about not-racist Pepe, Jesus.

You've been here for 16 years and look towards the mods as a source of reason. That's insanely hosed up.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Trump will start a war with China, which is bad.

Clinton will simply continue the Obama policy of influencing and indirectly encouraging SE Asian countries to resist China's claims on the South China Sea, which will result in an increased militarization in that area that Vietnam, Indonesia,etc cannot match, which will result in an increased US presence, which...welp I guess we are at war with China which I cannot call good or bad, because I am a nuanced American liberal who writes Vox articles.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

What? You're like a real Trump supporter? I thought you were doing an ironic thing.

Let me ask you a serious question: Throughout your life you have surely never done well in school. You've always been one of those people who struggled with basic math and writing skills and got poor grades no matter how hard you tried. Why do you think your opinions are valid now? Do you think you got smarter? Do you think government is one of those things that don't require intelligence? How exactly do you justify to yourself that you have an opinion on who would be a better president?

Bernie supporter

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

You are lying.

My reg date is 2006 and it would be unlikely that I paid :10bux: to join the SomethingAwful.com forums when I was 7 years old so I think you might be able to answer your own question now that someone has done the math for you.

Earlier in the thread people were asking who Republicans suddenly started winning the humor war.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

For years, people begged Lowtax to bring back LF.

YCS has not even begun to reach the levels of total mental unwellness that peak LF managed, but already most of them are completely unwelcome on any other subforum.

Basically, history repeats itself.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Uh...neither? He lost the primary and kept his word that he would support the eventual democratic nominee.... :shrug:

The just following orders defense

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm sorry to have been the one to break the news to you that being an enthusiastic Trump supporter will label you as either a bigot or a complete moron in the eyes of the majority of the world's population that has seen the man speak for more than a few seconds. But it's better to know sooner rather than later.

Typical Bernie Bro, talking down to a women.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I do not think Trump will be a good president. But I think he is the only chance we have this election to genuinely stop the trend of escalating, concentrated executive power in the US.

Those are my Trumpinions.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

I'd say one characteristic of a "decent" person would be someone who doesn't support bigotry against women, people of color, and/or people of different sexual orientations. Maybe they have friends or family who aren't strictly white heterosexual males, or maybe they just feel that way because they aren't bigots.

A berniebro is against sexism.

hahaha -me laughing at that statement, above

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

One of the nicer things I learned, from CSPAM, is that at least everyone is in agreement that at least half of the Democratic Party is racist, and sexist.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

America is already great, aside from the 49% of the country who are deplorable monsters.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Internaut! posted:

apparently Hilary's team is getting their info from reputable news outlet The Daily Beast, who is getting their information from well-known twitter trolls

it's literally fellow kids and millennial bloggers all the way down on team clinton folks

Ok look you can't bblame Hillary she was lied to. Accusing Pepe of racism is much like voting for the Iraq War.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Everyone is writing their own dramatic retelling of their own life stories, it's a bizarre way to think about the world.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

*writes studio notes next to my own FB post about legs day*

Can you raise the stakes here?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Many Democrats are very mad that media people do not call out Trump on every sentence he says, despite virtually every media outlet to the left of Fox News calling him a White Nationalist and Fascist regularly.

It evokes a weird image, imagine Politifact doing a line-by-line review of the Nuremberg Rally.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Toadvine posted:

Paul Krugman is gunning hard for an appointment

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/775706064029356032

It's gonna own when President Clinton topples the Assad regime sending Syria in to chaos, and within 24 hours the question is whether or not a MAN PRESIDENT would ever be criticized for that.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

She's a bitch

Please don't use the B word (unless you are a woman and taking that word back, and can confirm Hillary's comfort level with you calling her that)

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Germstore posted:

It's funny the articles about the Uranium One deal are basically "yes, it's all true, but some of the donations to the clinton foundation were made during her run for president and therefore *magic happens* so it's not true."

I like the articles on the Clinton Foundation where people argue you're going to spot pay-for-play and other issues by looking at their 990. Like Charity Navigator is going to crack the case on them.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

It's weird to think about how history rhymes, sometimes.

http://www.icl-fi.org/english/wv/971/qotw.html

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Noooo Pepe was a double-agent for the Democrats :(

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

opus111 posted:

There was lots of talk about Texas becoming permanently blue and honestly, the Bush Jr republicans were loving mental.

I don't know how that would be possible when you see the kind of total retards they put in the statehouse, but IDK I guess state and national elections draw different types.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Chill Hillary Voters to loving disgusting BernieBros: Your problem is you don't know how to compromise, and build coalitions. You can't expect to get your entire platform

CHVs to every other candidate: YOUR MATERNITY LEAVE PROGRAM IS A SLAP IN THE FACE

Sorry I wish this was funnier but sometimes I can't deliver on that...

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

IT seems like even if it's a program you like less than Hillary's program, it's kinda maybe really mentally ill to call it a slap in the face? IDK.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Ijeoma is the Editor-At-Large of The Establishment. A Seattle-based Writer, Speaker, and Internet Yeller, her work has appeared in The Guardian, The Stranger, New York Magazine, Huffington Post, and more. She was named one of the Most Influential People in Seattle by Seattle Magazine. She’s also a columnist at The Seattle Globalist.

Ijeoma never learned how to whistle and has therefore banned any whistling at her house. Hair strand analysis revealed that she is currently 21% Black Forest gummy worm. You can see her yell about things at https://twitter.com/IjeomaOluo.

If I could eradicate one societal ill, it would be Tyler Perry movies.

When I’m alone, I like to eat gummy worms while I paint my nails and plan the destruction of my enemies.

The three women, dead or alive, I most want to see square off on Jeopardy are Tig Notaro, Margaret Cho and Maria Bamford.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

When did it become acceptable to give every loving article an obnoxiously smug, condescending title, like "Here's Why Hillary's Death Is Actually A Good Thing", "Can We Stop Talking About The Wikileaks" or "When I Said All People Were Garbage, I Meant It". Do these "journalists" realize they are writing editorials, not blog pos... oh.

I don't have a lot of time to research primary sources, but I'd probably start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Show

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Now that I think about it... Yeah, I can imagine John Oliver using poo poo like that.

It turns out when people decide a stand-up comedian is a journalistic hero, it might have unintended consequences (other cool political word: blowback) on journalism as a whole.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

waitwhatno posted:

Still don't get it.

Ok, so Clinton is a career politician with zero charm. But, despite the monumental resources that went into it, no one has been able find anything illegal or too much dirt on her.

Trump on the other hand was, beyond any reasonable doubt, involved in countless cases of fraud and scamming. Four years ago he admitted on national television that he had lobbied politicians to act against the interest of the American people. He constantly lies and exaggerates the truth on national television. He is financially involved with governments and companies that are hostile to the US. These are all facts that no conspiracy theorists nutcase could ever deny.

In any sane world Trump would be the "crook", but yet here we are. :wtc:

The only rational explanation for this shitshow is that Trump voters realise all of this but don't really care. For them there is one single, extremely important, issue that outweights everything else. Trump could devour a puppy in front of a camera and it wouldn't matter.

You're right. You don't get it.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

*looks over Hillary's incredible record of supporting the worst policies and laws in the past 30 years*

Hmm can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with this.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Man Whore posted:

Resurrect FDR and crown him king

Leave him a corpse and still crown him king.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

She probably just had one of those moments where you think the pizza guy is going to say "have a good night" so you're ready to say "you too" but instead they say "enjoy your pizza" and then that pizza guy gets all smug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

paul_soccer10 posted:

lol her private email server IT guy has a bunch of posts on reddit asking how to hide her email address
http://archive.is/FXcao

and ppl found his username on all sorts of weird erotic fan fiction too

If only he had posted to YOSPOS, nobody ever would have found him (because nobody reads SA, is my joke).

• Locked thread