Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Memes are a tool of white oppression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

:sad:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Got our first "well actually..." post.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

lazorexplosion posted:

Imagine suddenly having a serious opinion about Pepe the Frog Meme because you must... argue.... every... argument for your preferred candidate.

That's no way to go through life.

Good point, fellow human. Let us not talk about the amazingly dumb thing on Hillary Clinton's official website.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I've noticed pony avatars on youtube making harassing comments on multiple video. Someone get Hillary's team on this. Gonna blow this poo poo wide open!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Knight posted:

Good news, everyone. Pepe's creator says he's just going through a phase:
http://www.dailydot.com/unclick/matt-furie-pepe-the-frog-alt-right/
Bronies: another fine group not associated with toxic alt-right losers, the Trump Towers tell me.

lol, lookit this guy.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A CNN editor stares at a pending story about the dangers of Pepes. He looks at a photo of his family for a minute and then back at the story. Without looking he sets the photo frame face down on his desk. He pull a gun out of a drawer and sticks it in his mouth. After mustering all his courage he pulls the trigger. It doesn't move; the safety is on. Tears running down his face he puts the gun away and clicks post.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Trump is both in bed with and planning a war with Russia.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

If only Bernie had won the democrat primary we'd be well on our way to a nation where every post office has been renamed.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

"That Trump is in bed with Russia!" *casts vote for woman who was head of the department of state when it approved the sale of 20% of america's uranium holdings to Russia*

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

What? You're like a real Trump supporter? I thought you were doing an ironic thing.

Let me ask you a serious question: Throughout your life you have surely never done well in school. You've always been one of those people who struggled with basic math and writing skills and got poor grades no matter how hard you tried. Why do you think your opinions are valid now? Do you think you got smarter? Do you think government is one of those things that don't require intelligence? How exactly do you justify to yourself that you have an opinion on who would be a better president?

Are you literally 17?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

answer the question.

I did well in school, and have a bachelors degree. Now answer my question. Are you 17?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

You are lying.

My reg date is 2006 and it would be unlikely that I paid :10bux: to join the SomethingAwful.com forums when I was 7 years old so I think you might be able to answer your own question now that someone has done the math for you.

You got me. I'm actually posting from a trailer park half way through a case of natty lite.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

"I absolutely don't believe that someone with an education can think differently from me." -a thing an adult says

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

"I don't understand the difference between intelligence and education. They are practically one of those things where words are different but mean the same thing." - a thing a Trump supporter might say

You brought up my education, not me.

e: this is the sort of disingenuous shuckin' and jivin' that keeps me from posting in D&D.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm not trying to influence the opinions of Trump supporters. I am pointing out that you may want to shut the gently caress up about it if you're ever around decent people. Consider it a favor.

Luckily I haven't been running into Hillary supporters in real life. Strangest thing.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah, there aren't very many of them. Most people thinks she sucks. And she will win by historic margins because the republicans nominated noted imbecile Donald Trump.

Then I guess I only have to worry about Bernie supporters. And, hell, if we're allowing for fantasy candidates I support Goku for president, but will vote for Trump because Goku isn't american and is also a cartoon.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

lol at democrats trying to guilt trip each other into just showing up at the polls while republicans are enjoying record levels of high energy

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

AugmentedVision posted:

Hillary is gonna win

*checks for "if you don't vote for trump gently caress you" think pieces on brietbart*

*doesn't find any*

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

the wall? i don't think the average american is as in favor of unchecked illegal immigration as you'd think.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I'm not sure if there's an 80% chance of Hillary being on the ballet at this point. Can I make a bet anywhere for Biden winning?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The high end for wall building cost is like 8 billion or something so it's pretty crazy people are acting like it's not practical. I mean I personally don't have strong feeling about a wall, but I also don't live in a border state. Definitely wouldn't be the dumbest thing we ever spent 10 billion on. We could probably free up the money by deciding the F-35 doesn't need vtol capability.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Let criminals take the black and serve out their term on the wall. Hillary can guard mile 1000.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Unguided posted:

So what effect will this have on the value of my rare Pepes?

We're in the Media Attention phase! Buy! Buy! Buy!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It's funny the articles about the Uranium One deal are basically "yes, it's all true, but some of the donations to the clinton foundation were made during her run for president and therefore *magic happens* so it's not true."

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

"Yes, Hillary Clinton is a criminal who allowed the sale of strategic assets to Russia for personal gain, but Trump said a rude thing so let's all use the full power of our imagination to ignore it."

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I try to look into both sides of things, but this Uranium One thing's got me like I'm taking crazy pills because the best defense boils down to the investors may have at one point thought they were buying the influence of a future president instead of secretary of state.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I honestly wouldn't give much of a gently caress if it was like wheat or aluminum, but 20% of our uranium? To Russia? gently caress that.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

In general it doesn't make a difference, but luckily there's procedures in place to keep it from happening to strategic assets, such as uranium.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Knight posted:

I'm not sure why you're freaking out about Uranium One, because as far as Crooked Hillary is concerned, it's one of the more wild and unsubstantiated claims where her history of pay-to-play are more clear in other places. The state department, as one of 9 agencies, including independent state and federal nuclear regulators, signed off on a deal to sell uranium. To even start being worried about this you have to eliminate all those players and instead say "Hillary Clinton sold our uranium" which I think you understand the problem with. Throwing money at a politician's charity foundation in hopes that you'll get your sweet uranium deal to pass when the decision depends on 8 other agencies sounds pretty silly, particularly when you're relying on a crystal ball to tell you to throw money at a politician that won't even be appointed to that position until 2 years in the future. (Or maybe they would be hoping she was President? Besides being a gamble, if it worked she would have no direct influence on the decision)

Seriously, Hillary is a broken candidate that wasn't acceptable in 2008, but Uranium One is what sovcits scream about while making armed take overs of wildlife refuges and begging for snacks while screaming "I DO NOT CREATE JOINDER" as they're arrested by French mercenaries disguised as law enforcement. I know the NYT covered it in April but there's a reason it isn't being talked about regularly.
As I said above, because the power she had in the decision is exaggerated and the timing of the donations makes very little sense. The kind of dirty deals Clinton made are unfortunately too common in our government for many of them to comfortably bring up without condemning themselves. (Some of her supporters think her experience with these deals makes her a better candidate :downs: )

Her agency is the agency that is responsible for the security of the state. If for example the DoE approves it they look at it from the perspective of, well, we have enough uranium for 2000 years at the current rate of usage and with different reactor designs that goes up to 40,000 years, sure go for it. Nuclear regulators may just care about if the uranium can be exported safely. They're all looking at it from the angle they are responsible for. The State Department is the agency that is looking at it from the angle of ARE WE SELLING URANIUM TO A STATE THAT HAS BEEN HISTORICALLY UNFRIENDLY!?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Now to be fair to Clinton the physical uranium can currently not be legally exported, but you'll forgive me if I vote for Trump to make sure it stays that way.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It would explain how two attractive people produced an- uh- hmm- an unconventionally attractive person. Although genetics, man, it can just be cruel.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

speaking of high energy, now I want to vote for bill.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

HOT DICKINGS

PATRIOTIC

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

He was just a regular frog till he got fully woke. It feels good man. But it also feels bad man.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

apparently selling them strategic assets is a good opener

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Lol, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trumps-biggest-insult-to-women-yet_us_57d968d5e4b0aa4b722d99c7?. We are through the looking glass.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

In the Cosmo interview with Ivanka the interviewer spends a lot of time on, BUT WHAT ABOUT GAY MEN. I'm glad men's rights are suddenly so important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

quote:

But this weekend’s stumbles by Clinton are also why articles that claim Trump has “momentum” tell us nothing more than that the writer had a quota to fill for the day.

That's rich coming from a Salon writer.

• Locked thread