Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

You can't make poo poo up that's weirder than real life (except for that fan fic about were-rollercoasters)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Imagine suddenly having a serious opinion about Pepe the Frog Meme because you must... argue.... every... argument for your preferred candidate.

That's no way to go through life.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Germstore posted:

Good point, fellow human. Let us not talk about the amazingly dumb thing on Hillary Clinton's official website.

Knight posted:

It's a meme, so anyone can use it, but I passed the point of giving them the benefit of doubt after one of my favorite bands filed a copyright claim on Youtube against Trumpkins using their music for campaign propaganda and were immediately flooded by people with frog avatars threatening them and asking what was wrong with white nationalism. This kind of thing happens again and again on any social media outlet so the attempts to make it sound like scared parents making broken connections between Pikachu and Satanism don't hold up, particularly when the people playing dumb are still snickering and throwing Seig Heil's at each other.

/pol/ has been used for active recruitment by white supremacists for years and the veil of irony is gone

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Toadvine posted:

Paul Krugman is gunning hard for an appointment

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/775706064029356032

So is this guy a comedy blogger or what?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

quote:

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

:allears:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

"Should we act like the sensible adults in the room to contrast favorably with Trump? NO LETS LOSE OUR loving MINDS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Today I got into an altercation with a guy wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat. I went up and asked him if he would take the hat off, explaining a university should be a safe space. It was impossible to communicate to him why wearing a hat in support of a movement grown on the seeds of racism, bigotry and exclusion of diversity (sexual and cultural) could make some people afraid. People came out of the woodwork around us to support the hat, and after insulting me, they began filming my "crazy" behaviour at asking him to not wear the hat on campus. The video was posted and I made the mistake of reading the comments. I am so deeply saddened... I don't want to draw anymore attention to the dysfunctional pawns that are being used by a system of power to oppress others. I do want to state that I stand by my belief that every space, but especially university spaces, should be made to make everyone feel SAFE. We need to seriously change our culture. We need to equally support and express movements and gestures of inclusive acceptance. I walked outside after the altercation, which ended up involving security and more concern for someone's "private property" then about anti-oppression and overt racism, feeling totally hopeless. Only to find the anti-abortion group posing with their graphic images and slogans of "sin". But... Beside them was a group of courageous and beautiful humans, holding signs of "we support your choice" and kindly warning oncoming students about the graphic images so they could be avoided. (Thank you Aalayna Spence, Nathan Lawley and crew.) It makes me cry that there will always be battles of "right" and "wrong"... There will always be opposing parties... Unfortunately for many people life does not exist without fear of oppression, violence or attack. But there are some warriors, who are not too tired. Some humans who want anyone being attacked (be it blatant or subtle) to know they are equally being a supported. I'm ready to make some noise YYC. I'm ready for some LOUD AF language of LOVE. That is the only thing that might have a chance of helping the world. So be a warrior and express your support for those who are attacked everyday because of who they are.

• Locked thread