Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!

Surprise T Rex posted:

Just had another Judo session last night, and I'm still enjoying it.

I checked out two clubs last week, and settled on the first one entirely based on atmosphere and how the place felt. I'm a bit concerned that the place I've decided on is a bit less 'teachy' than the other one, though. Is it normal to occasionally have a lesson where the first hour or so is basically just a workout, and there's half an hour of randori/newaza at the end? I sort of felt like I wasn't really learning anything about actual Judo rules or technique yesterday except for when one or two people I was paired against in randori decided to go out of their way to show me something.

Shame that the atmosphere at the more explanation-focused club sucked - the place was kind of run-down, tiny, and tucked away at the back of a community center with a weekly teen club night going on in the next room. :(

All of that stuff aside, the randori and newaza was fun yesterday. I got hit with a throw I don't know the name of, but is essentially . That was an experience.

Pretty sure that is Tomoe Nage. I was taught to only use it when you are completely knackered and have nothing else but its just so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU