Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The proper place for pizza chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Pizza is good if all the toppings coordinate with each other and go good with the crust. There are no other deciding factors.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hating pineapple (any context) -24.66

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

McSpanky posted:

Hating pineapple (any context) -24.66

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So, since Mindy was real, what are the odds that part of Season 2 is Eleanor going to the Neutral Zone for some reason (torture-based errand?) and finding out that Mindy already knows her? I don't think Michael and Crew ever found out where Eleanor and Jason went, so they wouldn't suspect anything.

Given that Michael only has one more chance to make this work, I could also see the end of Season 2 being some sort of 'deal' being struck between Michael and the four. He pretends to psychologically torture them, while they pretend to be tortured. Flip the scam!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Chances seem pretty high The Middle Place will show up at least once, but then again, who knows. This show likes to buck the expected, and it seems pretty expected that Eleanor would go there and have a weird amnesia moment. But there could be some comedy in Eleanor going there for some reason early on, finding out the truth, setting herself up to go back over and over again, and then Michael has to keep erasing her memory every time she goes and comes back, oblivious to why she keeps getting her memory back.

Michael could cut a deal, but then that feels like it could paint them into a corner for the following season. Maybe a deal involving bringing in actual Good Place workers who "torture" them in a way that makes them better people (echoing the first season sort of), directly competing with the unknowing Bad Place workers, but only Michael knows about this and he amnesias the main four before this little contest begins. That could lead to a season of shenanigans.

They can go all sorts of directions with this, so really, who knows how out there they'll go. I wouldn't even say no to an "Office" parody episode of The Bad Place.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

In the bad place everyone has to watch TV with goons

You close your eyes, and all you see is an endless Westworld thread. You open them, Game of Thrones.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

HPanda posted:

Chances seem pretty high The Middle Place will show up at least once, but then again, who knows. This show likes to buck the expected, and it seems pretty expected that Eleanor would go there and have a weird amnesia moment. But there could be some comedy in Eleanor going there for some reason early on, finding out the truth, setting herself up to go back over and over again, and then Michael has to keep erasing her memory every time she goes and comes back, oblivious to why she keeps getting her memory back.

Michael could cut a deal, but then that feels like it could paint them into a corner for the following season. Maybe a deal involving bringing in actual Good Place workers who "torture" them in a way that makes them better people (echoing the first season sort of), directly competing with the unknowing Bad Place workers, but only Michael knows about this and he amnesias the main four before this little contest begins. That could lead to a season of shenanigans.

They can go all sorts of directions with this, so really, who knows how out there they'll go. I wouldn't even say no to an "Office" parody episode of The Bad Place.

I think the show can only end in a couple of ways. One is they are trapped in the Bad Place for eternity, which would be theologically accurate but depressing; and the other would be if they manage to reach the actual Good Place and start an appeals process, to show that bad people can change themselves and earn a spot in the Good Place. The Bad Place would work on redeeming people moving forward instead of just eternal torture.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You mean a giant evil demon vs good demon vs human ontological sword fight? That's what I want

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

theflyingexecutive posted:

You mean a giant evil demon vs good demon vs human ontological sword fight? That's what I want

This, but no good demon. Also, the human is a Marine.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, we know that Janet can hack the train and make it go where she wants, and it seems to me that if the train goes to the middle place, it can also go to the good place. So I expect an arc where they escape from the bad place and show up in the good place, and then probably actually cause some chaos, since they will be bad people loose in the good place. Like what Michael tricked them into thinking was happening in season 1, but for real.

edit: ^ I remember that commercial.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

So many war crimes.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Well, yes, Michael is from The Bad Place, you've been paying attention.

Michael currently runs a bad place, but we don't really know if Architects normally always stick to one kind of Place, or if they design both Good and Bad places. What we saw was obviously just Bad Place design, but it would be funny if Eleanor ultimately ends up in a Good Place also designed by Michael (and with him living there as well somehow).

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
This isn't related to anything, but I loved the little bit in the flashback where Michael was inspired to create "The Good Place" by his coworker complaining about vanilla flavored antimatter coffee. That little lightbulb moment is great.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

u brexit ukip it posted:

Michael currently runs a bad place, but we don't really know if Architects normally always stick to one kind of Place, or if they design both Good and Bad places. What we saw was obviously just Bad Place design, but it would be funny if Eleanor ultimately ends up in a Good Place also designed by Michael (and with him living there as well somehow).

Michael and the other demons seem like dicks, so it doesn't really seem to fit that he or any of the others would be put in charge of actual Good Places.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

u brexit ukip it posted:

Ketchup doesn't belong on a hot dog ever once you are of age.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
People should eat the food the way they like it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Piell posted:

What a concept

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That sounds like baby-coddling to me, but whatever, when you get to the afterlife and God (the Christian one, obviously) asks that one angel with the desk job who is always looking things up if your name appears in the Book of Life And Ketchup On A Hot Dog and it's not in there because you put ketchup on a hot dog because you are a literal baby... you'll be sorry, all right.

Sorry for eternity.

Or, maybe not, you'll go to the Bad Place and all they have for condiments there is ketchup. Maybe you'll be all right, who knows?

I guess the important thing is not to judge? Maybe. Not really sure where I'm going with this.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Piell posted:

Especially Hot dogs. It's ground up garbage meat stuffed in an edible tube. Let people slather it with whatever sauce they want for heavens sake.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

"You know, it's just the silliest thing but we forgot that you humans have to take care of things 'down there' haha so anyways, tell me, which way are supposed to hang these things again? Oh, no rush, you can just let us know tomorrow afternoon. It is for eternity, after all. Ahahaha..."

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I have a rambunctious kitten, so the obvious way to prevent loss of toilet paper is from the back. :colbert:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
How would it be possible to decide that without knowing which side the toilet is on?
Without further information I chose to put the open end towards the wall.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I have a rambunctious kitten, so the obvious way to prevent loss of toilet paper is from the back. :colbert:

I have a smart adult cat, and the best way is to leave the bathroom door closed because it's getting scratched regardless if he knows it's there.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I have a smart adult cat, and the best way is to leave the bathroom door closed because it's getting scratched regardless if he knows it's there.

My cat used to chew on toilet paper after throwing up hairballs. This is the correct answer. It's nice to have one room in the house that hasn't been felined.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
What if it is Michael who is really in the bad place, and it is the four humans who are torturing him.

After all, he had to watch Season 8 of Friends, he got introduced to Elmo, and had to read Chidi's manuscript.

I'm just saying. Maybe this is retirement for Michael.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cemetry Gator posted:

What if it is Michael who is really in the bad place, and it is the four humans who are torturing him.

After all, he had to watch Season 8 of Friends, he got introduced to Elmo, and had to read Chidi's manuscript.

I'm just saying. Maybe this is retirement for Michael.

ahem:

precision posted:

They're living in Ted Danson's personal Bad Place.

:colbert:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
He's gonna become a human sympathizer.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

i guess someone's "CALLED IT" yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nevvy Z posted:

He's gonna become a human sympathizer.

By season 6 he's going to be defending humanity in an epic intergalactic court battle presided over by Judge "Infinite" Ron Swanson.

e: Amy Poehler plays the prosecuter

• Locked thread