Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Game Maker's Toolkit put out a good and smart video recently on what Shovel Knight did right as a retro game. Check it out! Spoilers, obviously, if you want to discover the game through the LP's progression.

We appreciate you putting in the work!

~FIGHT FOR JUSTICE!~

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Well, I hope you're happy Kaubocks, because thanks to this I started playing Shovel Knight again.

:same:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
I'm close to the end of my first playthrough, and this stage probably gave me more trouble than any other from the Order of No Quarter. So many deaths, so much lost money... especially in the area with the one death in the video. And Polar Knight was the hardest of the Order as well, I did have to spam Chaos Spheres to take him down. On that note, playing this game myself has given me much greater appreciation for Kaubocks's skills.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Kaubocks posted:

I'm glad I'm not on a Thursday update schedule-- I have no idea how I'd stack up against the Logan trailer, Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser, and Nintendo Switch reveal!

This latest video took a lot of work and a lot of takes. Hopefully my editing isn't too jarring!

Good verticality talk!

I said before that Stranded Ship was a difficult stage for me, but after completing my first playthrough and seeing my stats, Flying Machine gave me by far my most deaths of any stage. I think it was the area with the spikes and shifting winds that Kaubocks breezed through.

Had no idea Propeller Knight could be cheesed with the timing on those hits! It felt like the fastest boss fight yet.

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 21, 2016

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Yeah, ever since I figured out how Mecha Tinker Knight works, I take less damage from him than his first form. The easiest boss by far.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
How fast did Kaubocks defeat the Order of No Quarter’s boss rush? Here’s the numbers. I only counted active battle time, not including the time spent posing before and after each fight. I also threw in how much damage each knight inflicted.

Treasure Knight - 0:08; 0 damage
Propeller Knight - 0:18; 1.5 damage
Polar Knight - 0:15; 2 damage
Plague Knight - 0:23; 1.5 damage
Specter Knight - 0:36; 1.5 damage
Mole Knight - 0:15; 0.5 damage
Tinker Knight - 0:39 (Mini - 0:05, Mecha - 0:34); 0.5 damage
King Knight - 0:17; 1 damage

Total Battle Time - 2:51
Total Damage Taken - 8.5

Treasure Knight wins the biggest chump award for going down fastest and without giving Kaubocks a scratch; Tinker Knight lasted the longest if you combine both forms, otherwise Specter Knight held out longest; and Polar Knight was the biggest threat, taking off 2 whole health spheres. Notably, Kaubocks could have beaten them all without ever healing.

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Looking forward to it. And congrats on having the highest rated thread on the subforum. :five:

• Locked thread