Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Yay, Shovel Knight!

I actually haven't watched the Saints row or Half Minute Hero LPs, and while I love both Tales from the Borderlands and your presentation of it, I'm happy to see a game that (hopefully) we'll get to hear more of your thoughts and opinions on the game...

Kaubocks posted:

You see, I'm extremely bad at doing live solo commentary. I can do each one exclusively no problem, but together is a trainwreck as I become a stuttery mess while I struggle to think of anything to say. It's part in why this LP took so long for me to get off the ground-- I had to find a method that works for me. Before every video, I play through the level once and script out everything I feel like I would like to say about the stage. I then read the script out loud to myself to warm myself up and start to internalize a lot of what I've written down. I then, without recording, play through the level while also reading the script at the same time to get a feel for timing and change some lines if they were too short/long. Then I finally record both the gameplay and commentary-- restarting the stage if needed if I screwed up something egregiously or fixing commentary in post if I feel like I read a line wrong or I was speaking too quietly. This is also the part where I write commentary for the boss and record that entirely in post because heck if I can time commentary to something so variable. After all that is finally time for video and audio editing and... well, boy howdy, everything here takes quite a bit of time when combined all together!

... even if it's pretty involved and difficult for you to present them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Who was going around tying tiny propellors to all these rats, is my question.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm just glad that Kaubocks uses the subweapons, I've had a bad history with LPers covering the classic Mega-Man games and ONLY ever busting out their special weapons when it was time for boss fights.

And here in Polar Knight's stage he's even admitting he could get away with using the war horn more.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I really like the boss rush in shovel knight for a couple reasons:

One, while sitting at the table Plague Knight sometimes takes out a flask of potion and drinks it with a curly straw.

Two, I really like the insinuation that despite the Order of No Quarter being villains, they are still knights, and so instead of dogpiling Shovel Knight they fight him one at a time in a series of duels and even give him food from their feasting table between bouts to restore his strength.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'd -really- love to see the DLC done, but I understand if you're not interested in it. Thanks for the LP! Shovel Knight is a fantastic game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

anilEhilated posted:

I honestly thought "friendzoned" but that might be just because of his anime final phase.

I sorta assume everyone's already seen these, but in case you have not: (source)

• Locked thread