Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Am I crazy or was the scene where Van walks into the school an homage to the opening scene of Jackie Brown?

This was a really good episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That was a hell of a gut punch

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm going to need a gif of the kid in whiteface.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Every single part about the piss diapers and condoms made me physically wince.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Gaunab posted:

I'm going to need a gif of the kid in whiteface.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Every time that kid was on screen I couldn't stop laughing. That drat expression he makes was hilarious. I still had FX on when the rebroadcast was on and I turned my head at the first time he was shown. Lost it.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

cochise posted:

Every time that kid was on screen I couldn't stop laughing. That drat expression he makes was hilarious. I still had FX on when the rebroadcast was on and I turned my head at the first time he was shown. Lost it.

I thought he was supposed to be a mime, until someone said something about him.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I didn't remember that she worked in a school and was like 'who gives a poo poo if you have one joint's worth of THC in ya?'

Also, being around blue collar industries that do impromptu drug tests, I've heard stories all about just that type of thing going down. And all the nerd in me could do was wonder if she didn't heat the soup too much and had the proteins break down and screw up the test anyway.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
If she has a decent union, couldn't she have pleaded she has a drug problem and they have to help her seek treatment, thus deterring firing her outright?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I caught the latest episode randomly the other day and then spent the next couple hours catching up with the rest on On Demand. Great show, although a bit dark and hosed up too.

SaviourX posted:

I didn't remember that she worked in a school and was like 'who gives a poo poo if you have one joint's worth of THC in ya?'

My cousin who's been a teacher for like a decade once told me that if they tested for weed, they would lose like 75% of their staff.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Just now seeing last week's episode. I love how Vanessa was having none of her friend's entitled, "you need to realize your worth with regards to being able to shamelessly bang athletes for personal advancement" Real Housewives of Atlanta stuff.

E- ...and then she goes and plays puff, puff, give with her while her friend posts it to Instagram in her Benz. Never mind. :(

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 11, 2016

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
This show within a show is amazing.

"He's going to look weird though"

And the best part's the fake commercials.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Arizona: The price is on the can, though.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Coffee And Pie posted:

Arizona: The price is on the can, though.

I'm sad to know that playing Edward 40-Hands was drinking Mickey's wrong

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It is really weird hearing the full version of Eric Andre's "We'll Be Right Back" theme

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Very absurdist episode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Was that Cree Summer doing a voice in that cereal commercial?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That was so drat good. Felt like Tim and Eric a little bit.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jesus, they took on Rachel Dolezal. :vince:

Wrap it up, folks. TV doesn't get better than Atlanta.

I just hope they don't introduce some Fargo-style bizarre paranormal twist with the guy from the bus now that we've seen him again.

e-

raditts posted:

Was that Cree Summer doing a voice in that cereal commercial?

It was.

Not only that, but I thought the cop in the cereal ad had a faint hint of both Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Barry from Archer in his voice. Sure enough, it was Dave Willis of Adult Swim fame.

Taking it even further, I didn't pick up on it until the credits, but the woman on the Montague panel was Mary Kraft, aka Krystal from Squidbillies. It makes sense both could make a cameo appearance; Williams Street and Adult Swim are Atlanta-based.

They just need an Unknown Hinson cameo for ultimate greatness.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 12, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

CBJSprague24 posted:

Not only that, but I thought the cop in the cereal ad had a faint hint of both Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Barry from Archer in his voice. Sure enough, it was Dave Willis of Adult Swim fame.

Thank you, it was loving killing me trying to figure out where the cop sounded familiar.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Holy loving poo poo. Donald Glover is the loving goods. Watched this after the cubs game.

This dude essentially did a full version of this dude's vine, and actually got the dude who did it a check too.

https://twitter.com/R3troSp3ctro/status/610251428838420480

That Swisher Sweets commercial was also A1. Like holy loving poo poo.

Also Mods rename me to Felon DeGeneres tia.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Amazing episode. I never expected something like that to come out this show. I laughed more per minute than anything I've watched in a long time.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

The episode was ok, but given it's a 10ep season I would have rather it stayed with the main story (It's now also 2 weeks since DARIUS!). Feels like the sort of episode which would have been a nice change in season 2-3, but came too soon into it's run.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
We need gifs from that cereal commercial

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

blunt posted:

The episode was ok, but given it's a 10ep season I would have rather it stayed with the main story (It's now also 2 weeks since DARIUS!). Feels like the sort of episode which would have been a nice change in season 2-3, but came too soon into it's run.

Every show does a bottle episode. Some are better than others. This is one of them.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

Every show does a bottle episode. Some are better than others. This is one of them.

But this wasn't a bottle episode at all?

(I get that every some shows do episodes that are disconnected from the main show/story, I just would have rather seen the followup from Van getting fired / the continuing adventures of Earn, Paperboi and Darius given we're still in the first 10-ep season of the show).

Either way I'll still be back next week.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
This is a continuation of Paper Boi's story, though. It shows him continuing to deal with perceptions of rap and his identity as a rapper.

This show is loving amazing.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

I didn't check to see if Donald Glover was directing all the episodes or not but this one was by far the funniest of the season, he is a genius. I nearly lost it at the Swisher commercial too.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Chopstix posted:

I didn't check to see if Donald Glover was directing all the episodes or not but this one was by far the funniest of the season, he is a genius. I nearly lost it at the Swisher commercial too.

Most of them are directed by Hiro Murai.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

What IPA do you have on tap?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Paperboi and I had 100% the same reaction when Harrison started getting intolerant

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Oh my god the last segment with Paperboi roastibg Harrison. loving dead. Did you power up? Because you look like a Super Saiyan. Omg

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. That episode was amazing. As a white man, who doesn't live in America, there was probably a whole bunch of stuff that went over my head and I still thought it was incredible.

blunt posted:

(I get that every some shows do episodes that are disconnected from the main show/story, I just would have rather seen the followup from Van getting fired / the continuing adventures of Earn, Paperboi and Darius given we're still in the first 10-ep season of the show).

Is this show even about anything though? It's always disconnected and feels more a like Louie or High Maintenance than something with a serialised storyline.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
The charger setup commercial was a great curveball.

I enjoyed Paper Boi getting the limelight and uhhh pick up his mixtape... available wherever those are available

Hardawn fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 13, 2016

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Holy poo poo what an episode. Donald Glover just gets it.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I actually ended up watching all the commercials, even the real ones, because they all seemed surreal given the ones they did for the episode.

Loved this episode though i do agree i want more Darius and it's been two episodes without him.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Emmy.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
gently caress that episode was so good

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did Eugene Mirman voice the cartoon cop?

Super Aggro Crag posted:

What IPA do you have on tap?

Did you watch Game of Thrones last night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mameluke posted:

Did Eugene Mirman voice the cartoon cop?

No, it was Barry from Archer.

• Locked thread