Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Siegkrow posted:

Hey anybody knows what happened to speedball? Last I knew of him was making an lp of endless legend. Seems like a nice chap and I usually saw him posting around the same threads I lurked in.

Normally I wouldn't ask around for particular goons, but from the XCOM 2 LP we know he is depressive and that with his dissapearance is a bit worrying.

I'm alive and well, though I had to take a big-rear end break from anything creative for a while and I'm still not back at 100%. Sorry to worry you. I post quite regularly in other threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Not to pressure you to pick up your LP or anything, I'm just curious: did you ever get the Tempest expansion for Endless Legends? It adds some pretty cool stuff to the game, and I think that'd be a fun thing for you to play with if you're feeling down.

I did! and it's both awesome and very game-changing. Instead of just being a barrier the ocean is now this dangerous place full of opportunity and pirates. I totally suck playing as the fishmen though.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Siegkrow posted:

Have you tried the Long War 2 mod?

Yeah, but it's not very friendly with my computer. Everything gets all laggy and some of the functions don't kick in. I think LW2 doesn't like OSX.

Need to join the PC Master Race eventually...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

EDIT: Now that I have been freed of illusions I don't have to say anything nice about him. Ever. Well-wishes RESCINDED.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 5, 2024

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Well now I feel like a loving idiot. Dude was playing mind games on me, pretending to support me in one persona and ragging on me in the other.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

claw game handjob posted:

This is the one that actually made me laugh for like a minute straight, not because of you, but because I don't think anything has made the sheer absurdity of him trying to run various characters and do such extended-length extra work for no purpose other than loving with people clear to me, and I had the mental image of him just keeping a balanced spreadsheet so that the negs and cheers all came to a consistent ±1 between all the fake people.

You wanna know how much extra loving work this guy has been doing? "Hikari" has an Animal Crossing village filled with 1000s of hours worth of content, I went through it all. There's committing to a bit, and then there's living a double life. That's why I was sure Hikari was real for the longest time.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Coolguye posted:

He, uh, he was rather unequivocal about you as of last November when "something" happened - I still don't know what - that caused him to ping the entire loving server about you.

I won't share it unless requested just out of courtesy or whatever but even as someone who looked once every 3 months or so and never spoke, it was notable that he dropped an @here specifically to tell the entire server to block and avoid you at all costs.

It was pretty hosed up.

Yeah and you know what the inciting incident was? Me remarking that "Hikari is weirdly cheap" which just...made everyone lose their poo poo at me. Then I have "Hikari" and TDI doing good cop bad cop in the admin channel discussing whether or not to throw me out and then BOOM I was out before I even realized what was going on.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I have spent the last three months in therapy over this poo poo, beating myself up. But you know what? I feel better right now. Because if all the drama was manufactured, it wasn't on me at all.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ya know I very well might make more LPs because of this. I broke down seven years ago. Now that I don't have emotional abuse looming over me I might actually heal. I'm feeling surprsingly great.

I've yet to have a beer that tasted good to me, but I like me a Shark Bite drink.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The Metal Gear Solid Civilization Mod LP I did was so popular it spawned a couple imitators. The sincerest form of flattery!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Thanks for all the good feels. I just want everyone to have a good time! That's only ever been my only objective, and I'm glad we all could get a little of that.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Shitenshi posted:

poo poo, is it this person?

Because if so, I'm starting to rethink my opinion of them, not even getting into their possible status as a Dark Id alt. If that is who you're talking about, I hope it's just denial overload and not an active zeal in Id's stupid cult.

Less likely because that person has been on-audio with TDI and me all at once and they have a significantly different voice and also can speak 3 or 4 languages (and often does during a stream). Really the smart thing here would be to let them talk to "HIkari" in Japanese to prove or disprove once and for all Hikari's reality.

That said, that's not her usual typing style there...which is weird...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Coolguye posted:

that's honestly the most relevant term i've got since folks have come away needing therapy, having worse emotional damage, blah blah because of Id's bullshit.

Yeah this is exactly correct. Two different people who it turns out are actually the same person making me hang off their every word and lap up every drop of approval, then kicking me out because I need to "chill my tits" just made me go hollow and die inside.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

EDIT: NEVER MIND. That was too close to violating TOS. Sorry.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 7, 2024

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Oh for gently caress's sake, the second-in-command guy's parting words before that place went down were like "Shame, I met a lot of good people, except for Speedball, who was rightfully kicked out for sexual harassment" OH MY GOD. That's what he said to everyone to get them all to snub me and persona-non-grata me? I am a complete and total virgin and I don't even know how...jesus. gently caress off, every last one of them. And that guy believes that ONE thing when everyone else is saying everything else was bullshit?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

sebmojo posted:

Low.

I've asked if there any receipts for the claims.

I'll get this out of the way, Robert Denby is in fact a separate human being, been on stream with them both. Pretty hurt that he would think so little of me because the trio of me, Id, and Denby were streaming watching movies every tuesday for years. And that's all I ever wanted to do, watch weird movies and make jokes/remarks while doing so! Ya think ya know some people...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

FeyerbrandX posted:

please assume that I am :ughh: throughout writing this in shame for buying this.

Id was retired but still consulting/just helping out Number 2 who was working in Ukraine. Now please remember, Russia had been showing their whole rear end at the time with farmers hauling away tanks and other things, so... this isn't completely improbable. She's kicking rear end, then Id who was just recently announcing his cancer had Nazis contracted to kill him from Russia (when I say things are improbable I mean about Russia loving up, not this part)

Now fast forward some amount of time. Number 2 (who now has a name I can't remember it) leaves the front because she either can't have kids and is decimated about it, wants to have kids, or has cancer, whatever, she's not in Ukraine anymore she's in Canada with Id and Hik. Now Hik (bi) or her sister (lesbian) hit it off with Number 2.

Then number 2 goes off somewhere else and I don't know, maybe off with Ids estranged wife, maybe fridged, I don't know. her character arc is done.

God forgive me for my idiocy and I'm sorry for all who reads this and is dumber for hearing it.

Lord I remember the night where he basically live-tweeted his entire attack on his house to the discord. He made me chief mod with the brief DM of "you're in charge now. And you're a good friend." I was like "what's happening?" He just said "Mission: Survive." Later on I checked out the main channel where he had been giving periodic updates like "okay. Two more guys. I can take two more guys." And apparently the reason these guys sucked at infiltration is they were wearing all black in a snowy area.

This all seems obviously fake in hindsight, but you don't understand how he eases you into this crazed world of his. one offhand comment per month, added up over time.

I'm also seriously pissed off the past few days. My therapist encouraged me to swear heavily at a whiteboard list of his lies. Very theraputic.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

A narrative LP like the one I did for XCOM Enemy Within would be... a hell of a lot of effort to do again. Buuut I am strongly considering an Aliens Dark Descent video LP. Hmm...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I would love to do that, though it would be balls-hard to commit to until I got my head REALLY right. Still. I like to imagine that the "intel points" we trade at the black market are illegal cat photos because the Elders have forbidden all domestic animals.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Siegkrow posted:

I am still waiting for that promised XCOM 2 LP you promised after all the DLC was out :V

I didn't expect them to put in an entire expanded version *on top* of the Alien Rulers/Mechs/Bradford's Sweater DLCs. Really blindsided me there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Siegkrow posted:

With the exception of Speedball getting emotionally abused for years

And not being able to recognize it as such! That's how gaslit I was. Making lots of progress, though. I'm working on a collaboration with another guy right now, it should be a good LP.