Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Which reminds me, I noticed someone hotlinking images off the LP Archive on these forums recently, which didn't load correctly over HTTPS, because the LP Archive certificate only lists baldurk.org as a valid domain. Assuming hotlinking Archive images on the SA forums is okay, could you fix that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Yeah, never reply to (especially clearly automated) spam, that just tells them there's someone actually looking at the inbox they're messaging.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

LesBeardly posted:

Any A/V issues with this? Kind of a departure from how I've done stuff in the past.

Seems good tech-wise.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I like the first one better. Couldn't explain why though.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

vilkacis posted:

Is lpix allergic to the name "Ferris"?

It's probably some real dumb validation somewhere and the substring 'err', a common programmer shorthand for 'error'.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I agree, show the game off as it originally was.

Maybe see if you can do something about the audio skipping (Windows 10 has built-in CD drive emulation that might just work if you dump an ISO), though.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

your evil twin posted:

To get it to work, I think I'd need to make a fake emulated drive into drive D, and make the current drive D (my blu ray drive) into drive G. Is that possible?

Right-click on the Start menu button and hit Disk Management. You can set drive letters there.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

IIRC Irfanview can't handle full alpha transparency either, resize with something like imagemagick or GIMP or Paint.NET or whatever instead.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

You seem to be resizing with some filter, compare:

<- your 2x image
<- the 1x image upscaled with nearest neighbor

That also only makes it ~200 KB instead of ~550KB.

Your midsize option looks alright though, at least for this specific image.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Ah, I didn't think about that, yeah if you can up the internal render resolution in PPSSPP then by all means do that, and that also explains why the image is bigger since it actually does have more information.

And I think you misunderstood my last statement, the 2x PPSSPP downscaled image looks fine to me.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

That's a colorspace issue. Modern video codecs do by default record in limited colorspace with chroma subsampling, if you want true lossless you need to turn that off.

In OBS that's under Advanced -> Video, the three Color dropdowns. For Color Format you want RGB and for Color Range you want Full, I think? It's been a bit, but just experiment a bit, there's not that many combinations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Quackles posted:

One of these days I was going to finish my own image replacer tool, for character portraits and such...

Depending on what you need, there's also this thing I made for Vesperia to quickly copy individual character expressions.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I am very disappointed you went with the PS3 art instead of the original one, especially after you correctly identified it as superior, but I understand.

A few things that might be worth including/changing in the OP:
- You use 'Mangagamer' and 'original' somewhat interchangeably, which is not really correct. Ignoring the fact that Mangagamer is still the publisher for the Steam/GOG version, the first officially published English version of the game already had significant audio changes compared to the Japanese original, so they should be treated as two different things. (The music you're using in the video is the JP original, for the record.)
- It should be noted that playing the game with original art and audio is less daunting than you make it appear. When the first six arcs were released on Steam and GOG they did feature the original audio (...mostly, but it's good enough if you want to avoid modding stuff), which was eventually patched out due to what I assume were licensing problems. They also to this day have an option in the settings to use the original art. If you buy these on GOG you can use GOG Galaxy to 'downgrade' the updated version to the original one quite easily. This does not apply to the last two arcs, but the Answer Arcs don't have a lot of audio changes anyway so it's not a huge deal.
- You probably should increase the prominence of the spoiler warning and put it right at the top. It may also be prudent to provide a read-along discord channel or similar for people who are familiar (like Umineko did), though I suppose you may want to determine if you'll even have a big enough audience for that.
- You may want to run a search-replace for ’ -> ', the smart quote looks unusual, at least on the test poster.

Otherwise, looks good to me. I hope you realize what you're getting into here, but godspeed to you nontheless.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Specifically, it appears to be:

) and 22=24

The world's worst SQL injection mitigation, seriously...

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Rosalie_A posted:

Now, fire up Command Prompt (or Terminal or whatever). Navigate to the folder where you save your LP's text files. If this is a pain to get to, consider not putting it in C:\Users\DickbuttFucker2000\Documents\New Folder (2) (2) (42069)\lp\lol\stuff. Personally, I have a separate partition and put things at D:\lp, but do whatever works for you, as long as it's not that first one.

Extra pro tip: The Windows Explorer folder bar works as a command prompt. So you can click on that and just type 'cmd' in there to get a command prompt already in the correct folder.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I mean you're literally comparing a lossless image format from 1987 that is at best designed for tiny animations to a modern video codec. Of course the latter is gonna be smaller for anything even slightly complex.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

That looks like an unfiltered (or poorly filtered, I guess) downscale, which is never* a good idea. Make sure you're applying some kind of filter, bicubic or lanczos are generally the choices to go for.

(*There's one case where you might want to unfiltered downscale, which is when you're trying to regenerate an unscaled image from a upscaled one. But that's a very specific use case that's almost never relevant in practice.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Why would you need to emulate Flash? It's native PC software, you can just run it. If you want a good sandbox for it Flashpoint exists.