Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Ryushikaze posted:

Don't Miss the Forest for the Mana Trees, Let's Co-op Play Secret of Mana Quasi Blind!

I guess your mic recording could be better but it's clear enough. I think the game audio is too loud, though. It's more obvious in the village and during the boss fight, the percussion is pretty sharp.

Seems fine to me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The image quality seems kinda blurry and artifacted to me. The weird x1.75 zoom probably doesn't help. Why not go full x2?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Sazero posted:

It's mostly a choice between what looks worse, 4:3 letterbox or stretched 16:9.

I'm just repeating what everyone says but there's no choice to be made here. Stretching is worse than letterboxing in every possible scenario.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Sazero posted:

Let's not get our dicks stretched out over here about how a n64 game looks.

Yeah, so why make it worse

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Color Printer posted:

Do you think I should post more of the story even though either way I'm cutting most of it out? Does it look okay? I'm more than willing to change stuff.

I'm somewhere between yes, because gently caress if I remember anything about FFX's story and jumping around like that is pretty confusing, and no, because I dunno if I really care that much anyway and the random sphere grid is interesting enough on its own. The screenshot and videos are fine.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Leal posted:

Well poo poo, guess I'll need to edit in time stamps and verbally tell people where to skip if they wanna skip boring stuff.

Could add links to the description, I guess.

e: actually that's probably exactly what you just said

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Out of those two options overlay is better, that kind of a stack looks honestly really bad in my opinion. I haven't played M:SR yet so I dunno how much really vital information is displayed on the bottom screen, but I can't imagine it being so important as to warrant an entire half of the screen.

I'd probably do stack, but with a much smaller bottom window. No need for a wacky overlay, just leave it black.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

mateo360 posted:

Now see, this is the kind of thing that really holds me back from even attempting a screenshot LP. I get trying to make it look good but when we are nitpicking on the pixel level on a PSX game it really just kills any enthusiasm to even try.

Don't confuse Sandcastle advice with the criticism you may or may not get from your LP audience, it's not a valid comparison. Seems to me that if people didn't point out mistakes and give some pointers on how to maybe fix them, Sandcastle wouldn't be doing its job.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

giver336 posted:

Doing a DS game for the first time, so I want to make sure it looks good.

Test Update

I switch to do single images for some stuff midway through, and will probably only show the bottom screen if there's something interesting and not just a black screen. Feedback appreciated.

There's a ton of dialogue that you could just transcribe to text instead of using a whole screenshot for each. Since you're apparently talking with the translation team too, I'd imagine you could just ask them for the text files.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Captain Capitalism posted:

Noted. I did the commentary in post and messed up the sync. I'll try to fix it up.

Now it's a little bit too early. 6:00 demonstrates it pretty well, you say "red rupee" before it even shows up on the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
At 12:47 the game jumps for a second which probably explains it. I don't remember exactly but there might have been one or two more similar issues.