Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Hey anybody knows what happened to speedball? Last I knew of him was making an lp of endless legend. Seems like a nice chap and I usually saw him posting around the same threads I lurked in.

Normally I wouldn't ask around for particular goons, but from the XCOM 2 LP we know he is depressive and that with his dissapearance is a bit worrying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Well that takess a load off my mind :]

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Speedball posted:

I did! and it's both awesome and very game-changing. Instead of just being a barrier the ocean is now this dangerous place full of opportunity and pirates. I totally suck playing as the fishmen though.

Have you tried the Long War 2 mod?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

You either need a good establishing hook, a setting/system people are really into and patience to get people submitting stuff. You dropped a wall of text, initially went PMs only for submission and didnt edit that out, and gave up within a day. Also the aforementioned lack of post in New LPs meant you only got the people who checked the subforum on that exact day.

Yeah I came in, was interested in reading, saw the audience participation thing and my interest was piqued, the I saw it was PM only and I noped out of the thread (what with me not being plat) and told myself I would come back once there was one or two updates.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Hey since this is the general chat for the LP subforum, I'd like to bring up Leal, who temporally closed his Thread due to IRL stuff and I would like to voice moral support.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Jesus Christ. That is terrible luck.
Is there anything you could do? I'd recommend a guard dog, but back when my family had one, the assholes just threw a poisoned egg sammich in our front yard. RIP Urko, he was the sweetest dog, he only looked intimidating.

Sorry that ran away from me. Maybe an alarm system?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Not at all, it's no problem!

Is it at all related to Lowtax breaking his spine? It happened at roughly the same time.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Hey everybody, has anyone made a backup of the SWTOR Mega-LP updates? I looked up in the archive and they didn't archive any of the completed routes of the base game nor the expansion stories...

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I recently learned about TDI, how is he doing? Is there anything we goons can do for him?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

The gently caress is an rss feed?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Yeah, country music doesn't really fit with a game like System shock.
"Puzzled oysters presents" is kinda cheesy but I you're trying to start it as your personal Brand for LPing, kinda like redchocobo and Zorax with orbital geese and Bobbin with Threadbare Inc, that isn't too bad, but I would recommend doing two things:
Put it at the very beginning of the video while you present yourself, and change the generic "X presents" with a starry background for an actual Logo. I dunno, a simple Clam with a question mark? An oyster with confused eyes.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I vaguely learned something due to the increasing numbers of banned, permabanned and cat-jailed posters but I missed out because I wasn't too active when this went down. What happened?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Someone did an LP of Mecha Ace, several in one thread, with thread participation.

SRW J is one of my favorites so I'll be yapping in the thread if you post it.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Fivemarks posted:

if I was going to do SRW J, what should I do for music?

I can confirm that a lot of the soundtrack is on YouTube.

You could post both a link to the OG anime song and the Game's version, I think it gives a nice contrast on the midi heavy games.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

VirtuteStreams posted:

Thank you :) I'll definitely take that on board because I'd like to post here.
The spelling error was intentional - but looking back on the video it definitely doesn't feel like the LP's I've watched from here.
Appreciate you taking the time!

While facecams are big in the YouTube and streamer LP communities, this subforum tends to really cringe at it.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Also if you set up an Adblock and don't Buy anything, every page view costs money.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Wait no come back I want to know about the trash fire self insert fanfic

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

quote:

Google on Friday announced YouTube’s Community Contributions feature, which allows viewers to add closed captioning and subtitles to videos, will be discontinued on September 28, 2020. The company cites two reasons behind the discontinuation of the feature: It’s not being widely used and is a regular source of spam and abuse.

According to Google, community contributions were featured in “less than 0.001% of channels” in the past month, covering than 0.2% of watch time. Creators are, for the most part, relying on alternative captioning tools for their videos.
https://www.xda-developers.com/youtube-kills-community-contributions-captions-subtitles/

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

I felt lets plays with more than 2 people got way too chaotic

I think some of my favorite video LPs were team four star nuzlocking Pokemon games. Rage inducingly entertaining some times.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Speedball posted:

A narrative LP like the one I did for XCOM Enemy Within would be... a hell of a lot of effort to do again. Buuut I am strongly considering an Aliens Dark Descent video LP. Hmm...

I am still waiting for that promised XCOM 2 LP you promised after all the DLC was out :V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

With the exception of Speedball getting emotionally abused for years