Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I've been thinking about trying out Elder Scrolls Online, and I figure doing a Let's Play would be the best excuse to justify dropping however much it costs. What I want, though, is a couple of other players to LP along with me in the other two factions, posting in a round robin configuration. I asked Lizard Wizard (of course I did), but he's got his own LPs to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

boy are my arms tired posted:

its less that he needs people to talk, he needs people to talk and also record/play footage from the other factions if im reading it correctly, because you can't change factions on a character iirc

it might get more traction in the ESO thread; i had a sub but i've got too much to do right now to take on an MMO LP, good luck tho

Yeah, basically this. I'll check in the ESO thread and see if anyone's willing to roll a fresh character for my sake.

sethimothy posted:

(USER WAS FROZEN DURING THIS POST)

LOL so meta, I love it.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wouldn't It Be Nice If We Let's Played Fallout 76?

Llama, what are you doing now?

My first VLP, in which I shall be subjecting myself to exploring the latest incarnation of the HD Fallout universe: Fallout 76. People got so excited about it that the hype was enough to significantly boost tourism in West Virginia, resulting in a partnership between Bethesda and the state tourism board and the governor declaring November 14 to be Reclamation Day. Everything promptly went to poo poo once the game was released and people realized how terrible the game mechanics were.

Why are you doing this to us?

Because I want to.

You suck! You didn't even finish Morrowind!

People abandon LPs here all the time. Sometimes poo poo just gets in the way, because we're all adults here and we have lives (If you are, in fact, not an adult, report to the nearest staff member for spanking and banning). If this VLP goes well enough, I might have another crack at Morrowind, but with mods.

This is an MMO. What's your end condition?

Hard to say, but I'll keep it going for as long as I can without it getting tedious. If there's a level cap, I'll stop there.

OK then, tell us about this lovely game.

In 2077, the world is destroyed in nuclear fire, and a small portion of the US population managed to cram themselves into Vaults (state-of-the-art underground shelters) under the auspices of the Vault-Tec Corporation, the construction of which was partly funded by the US Government through Project Safehouse. 25 years later, you and your fellow Vault-dwellers are informed that it will soon be Reclamation Day, the day you get booted out of your underground home and start rebuilding civilization. Once you start the game and emerge from Vault 76, you start the usual MMORPG staples of completing quests, exploring the world and tooling around with other players (or getting poo poo on, depending on who you meet and what mood they're in). The world is largely devoid of NPCs; players are expected to trade and cooperate with each other, or fight over what's left. There's plenty of storylines that fit in with the rest of the Fallout lore, though.
The settlement building mechanics from Fallout 4 have made a comeback, but with some changes: you need a device called a CAMP which only lets you build temporary settlements you can store as blueprints. If you want something that stays on the server, you have to take over a workshop. What really chaps people's asses here is that you're never on the same server twice, and the moment you leave the server, what you built is removed and stored, and any workshops you claimed are unclaimed. Nothing you do is truly permanent, which is rather disappointing given that most current generation MMOs involve persistent worlds.

Can we at least pick your character?

No, I'm going to play as myself. Die mad about it.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Will it also be an SSLP even though they promised a VLP?

It was always a nylon bag SSLP. Todd said stop whining.