Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Alexeythegreat posted:

Also, is it just me, or does the sentence "become a sensation from your stars" make no sense?

You're missing part of the sentence, you "get the tools and the know-how" to do the thing from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Polsy isn't an upload site, you feed it a YouTube link and it gives you a page with just the video, no comments or relateds or anything else that could provide spoilers. Handy tool for LPs of plot-heavy games or blind runs.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

noether posted:

has anyone ever done an LP of an unofficial translation of a game? I have a copy of pokemon emerald featuring a garbage english translation I've been thinking about doing something with, but idk if anyone would be interested in that, or if that sort of thing is off-limits for the forum or board. if it is something that can be done, are there any examples of that sort of thing I could look up in the lp archive or whatever that would be useful to read over/watch?

Sure, almost this exact example has been done once (kinda twice, but it was abandoned pretty early) in Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal (and it was hysterical). More broadly, unofficial translations have been fine in the past, good or bad, sometimes even from the LPer themself.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

noether posted:

was that the one delicious cinnamon was doing? the copy I have is the same bootleg as the one they were using for their abandoned emerald run. it's a damned shame those guys aren't really active anymore. the vietCrystal lp was a treasure, and a bunch of the other stuff they did was about as good.

Nah, it was some bootleg of Green version. It's probably archived at this point, but if you have archives and are curious, here you go.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Dr. Fetus posted:

One update in, and the game already looks like a huge trainwreck.

You mean a huge train bombing. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Bit of an odd question, but has there ever been a case of LP plagiarism?

There was that one guy who tried to repost OFS's FFTA LP.