Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm not sure if this is more a sandcastle question or a tech support question, but:

I'm considering doing a LP of Wrestling MPire Remix, the insane MDickie wrestling game that all his other insane prison/Jesus/Mohammed/Jerry Springer/pop star/movie star games are based off of. To differentiate it from simosimo's awesome Radical Larry LP, I'm doing a mod of it that supposedly makes it resemble the real world a little more instead of just having all of MDickie's creations in it.

The problem here is that it uses the actual wrestlers' themes, and the main menu music, in fact, is Cult of Personality by Living Colour. I get the feeling YouTube isn't gonna like this very much. Will having the volume turned low compared to my talking and the other game audio get it through ContentID, or should I go as far as replacing the songs with stuff that won't get ContentID'd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Doc Morbid posted:

edit: As for the game itself, I feel like replacing the MDickie bullshit with actual WWE stuff would kinda detract from the experience, but that's just my dumb opinion that can be safely ignored.

It turns out the mod really doesn't like OBS and/or vice versa, whereas the original Wrestling MPire Remix behaves itself better, so now I'm mostly just replacing the music for my own sake (because a lot of the music in Wrestling MPire Remix is really awful and not in a fun way, especially that "KEEP IT HARD! CORE! CMON, DO IT, CMON, DO IT!" loop over the menus).

And this has brought me to a related gripe: if you're an indie synthwave musician and you put your stuff in the ContentID system, you are a bastard. I understand why you would do that, but christ on a bike it is annoying, I'm having to nix several entire artists I like (Carpenter Brut being the big one) because literally everything they've ever done is in the ContentID system.