Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Actually my first thought when this scene occurred:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

PunkBoy posted:

Season 4 Episode 1: The Ghost

http://i.imgur.com/yPmlBd0.gifv

The way this loops, it looks like some car is just casually driving down the street doing flip after flip after flip.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

SiKboy posted:

The constant use of initials and acronyms makes me wonder if the director is going to end up giving us the MCU version of AIM and/or MODOK.

I thought it was just Fitz poking fun at the names the director gives things by pretending it's an acronym.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Diamondback would be more at home in a straight up blaxploitation movie. He just didn't mesh with the 'world' that Luke Cage built around it.

It's like making the villain in Batman Begins Marvin the Martian.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

AoS Thanksgiving: Fitz can't manage to open the jar. Coulson lends a hand.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

AoS Thanksgiving: Simmons needs to get out early to pick up some pre-black Friday deals, Agent May has a plan to beat the crowds back.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

It would be the greatest easter egg of all time if it basically translated to "You actually bothered to do this? LOL" or the like.

Burn Notice did some funny stuff like that with QR codes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/BurnNotice/comments/3zilo0/season_5_episode_13_easter_egg_minor_spoiler/

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

kayakyakr posted:

Huh, she'd make a great Doctor.

Scenes with her running would be a little problematic.

edit: Daisy straight up breaking MayNot's leg was hardcore.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Canned Panda posted:

HE'S MAKING A DEVICE TO DESTROY THE DARKHOLD!!

.... oh.

It's dumb little poo poo like this that makes this show so endearing to me.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

I agree with everyone who really liked the episode, but I totally agree with you. That outright bugged me. I would have overlooked it if the superior was captured at the end, but KO'ing the #1 inhuman murderer and then just walking away was a real jolt of "Really? REALLY?"

It probably bugs me more because the show avoids that cliche really well so it felt even more out of place.

OTOH, Aida is basically saying the dude is done for and making it clear that Radcliffe is the new heavy.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm wondering what the status of other MCU stuff is in the Framework. May's business in Bahrain happened before Iron Man, right? So something here happened to make Tony never become him, I imagine. HYDRA would likely keep Cap on ice or just never dig him up. A focus on Inhuman prejudice would likely keep them from experimenting on the Maximovs. Bruce would probably still be a fugitive because Incredible Hulk implied he'd been that way for a while.

Have no idea where the Asgardians fit in.

That said this app relies on Aida not just making it so the Avengers don't exist in the Framework.

The Framework isn't an alternate timeline- it is an alternate reality. Whatever happened in the real world doesn't matter other than to serve as a baseline for The Framework to build on. Save for Jemma and Daisy (and now Coulson), all others have let go of what they understood to be their reality and accepted The Framework's reality.

Also Mallory Jansen looks really skinny all the time, even more so in that Madame Hydra outfit.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I thought she really lost her voice.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Once I heard about the LMD storyline, I kind of assumed that somehow a recurring character would end up being one. It was kind of crappy to think that one of the main characters would die and become one for successive seasons. LMD Ward allows the conceit because he gets to be dead (for good reason) and then gets to be 'alive' again as a slightly different version that was redeemed in some manner.

It's probably not the best outcome but once they let the LMD genie out of the bottle, it's hard to go back.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It's kind of sad that this show makes great characters who aren't true villians, because they are probably going to be killed off.

So, RIP Aida/Ophelia and Radcliffe.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Don't really give a poo poo about Ward, but I'll miss Radcliffe.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if Radcliffe was the type to back up his consciousness/brainscan somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Darth Brooks posted:

My wife decided to stop watching AOS because it was getting more violent. We have an impressionable toddler, so that's actually a concern. I had decided to keep watching because I didn't think it was more violent than it had been. Next episode was the one with Simmons stabbing the snot out of of Fitzbot. My son was sitting on my lap when the scene happened and I tried to rotate him away from the screen so he wouldn't see what really looked like a murder. He kept twisting his head to see and I kept rotating the chair so he couldn't. We went back and forth for the length of sequence and later I had to admit to her that the show was not kid safe.

Dude there was never a point in time of this series that a toddler should be exposed to.

Phenotype posted:

Eh, when I was a kid I feel like you saw people shooting guns and punching the bad guys in every TV show. It's kinda generalized violence and typically not very explicit or bloody, whereas a woman screaming and stabbing her boyfriend in the chest, or a very human-looking eye getting power drilled, are much more real, and I would definitely think the one could cause nightmares where the other wouldn't.

When I was a kid there was gun stuff but:
80's violence TV Shows: A-Team, Knight Rider, MacGuyver, etc. I was well past being a toddler and their violence consisted of bad stunt punching, people firing guns from hips spraying bullets everywhere, and when someone got shot, it you see them from a distance and they just kinda fall down from something. Explosions happened a lot too but it was always them diving out of a bunker and just acting knocked out.

Violence in Miami Vice could get a little worse depending on the episode and the director- with a few definitive examples of "hey this is too violent for kids".

edit: The other huge difference is that some of those popular Action TV shows in primetime is that they were marketed towards kids with toys and other promotional tie-ins.

edit2: I'd have to re-watch some of the old stuff but from what I remember, even stuff like Tour of Duty's violence wasn't as graphic compared to stuff in AOS.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 22, 2017

• Locked thread