Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It's probably good that he went first because he was like a chicken with its head cut off during the last challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

They need to do a Top Chef: YouTube version. Babish, Weissman, etc. No product or book plugs allowed, see who can hold out the longest.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Weissman would probably crush just about everyone, unfortunately, and be even more annoyingly smug.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wanna see Glen torch his Friends in a quickfire so bad it hurts

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

Doom Rooster posted:

Weissman would probably crush just about everyone, unfortunately, and be even more annoyingly smug.

Challenges could include "don't use your catch phrase quickfire" or "budget battle but you can't use a hundred bucks in stocked spices, priced down to per tsp for the recipe" and Weissman would be immediately eliminated.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Hell I could see Mythical Chef Josh doing pretty well because for all his monstrosities he creates he also is incredibly creative and can do good food well

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sohla would probably curb stomp almost anyone. Final 2 at minimum.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

it would be chef john taking it all

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kenji making it to the end only to beef it on "only use one dish" challenge

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sohla would probably curb stomp almost anyone. Final 2 at minimum.

Oh poo poo how did I forget about Sohla?!? Yeah, it would be Sohla and Ham against each other in the final round, Sohla wins.

Borsche69 posted:

it would be chef john taking it all

Nah, Chef John is out in the second round. First round is someone who has an unfortunate gently caress up. I love Chef John, but he’s spent too long doing the “Make this 80% as good as the best version, but with only 40% of the effort.” I don’t think he has any A Game anymore, only B or B+ Game.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Want to see that Guga Foods guy on there.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Based on "recipes from YouTube chefs I've actually made and enjoyed", Baz would be the winner... assuming she didn't get throttled by another competitor after using one too many of her abbrevs.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah I was thinking of the Golden Age BA crew (besides Sohla) it's almost certainly Molly, though Priya would probably do really well too.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Trabant posted:

Based on "recipes from YouTube chefs I've actually made and enjoyed", Baz would be the winner... assuming she didn't get throttled by another competitor after using one too many of her abbrevs.

Molly B. and Josh W. Make it to the final, and the producers just decide to not record any audio, and air it with 60 minutes of royalty free music playing.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's still remarkable how much BA built a groundbreaking collection of shows with incredible talent and then threw it all away by ignoring the talents calls for things like equitable pay and opportunities. Been nice to see everyone worth their salt has more or less landed in better places.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Tbh I don’t know how much money they were making. They got a lot of views but it doesn’t translate that neatly into revenue. Sure as poo poo doesn’t make the racism and the inequality any better, but I do wonder. It was a big operation.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Top Chef Last Chance Kitchen:

lolololololololol did they really tell hat guy to just gently caress off?

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
Season 21 Episode 2

No real spoilers, just me bitching about them not showing off my state better:

Ughghgh I know they need sponsors to make the show but I was so bummed the beer the beer they featured is Miller. We have so many amazing craft breweries! Though breweries like New Glarus, one of the larger craft brewers in WI, doesn't distribute outside the state so it's not like they'd jump on a chance to sponsor.

Also, when one of the contestants mentioned she plays D&D the show didn't even bother to mention it was made in WI!

Okay some actual spoilers

I think many of the dishes in the team challenge lost the plot on the bar snacks theme, like the eggplant dish that had some crushed pistachios as a garnish. But like the potato pave though, I think kept better to the idea of bar snacks. Or the pretzel and mustard dessert!

captkirk fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 29, 2024

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

captkirk posted:

Ughghgh I know they need sponsors to make the show but I was so bummed the beer the beer they featured is Miller. We have so many amazing craft breweries! Though breweries like New Glarus, one of the larger craft brewers in WI, doesn't distribute outside the state so it's not like they'd jump on a chance to sponsor.

Also, when one of the contestants mentioned she plays D&D the show didn't even bother to mention it was made in WI!

Gonna be amazing to hear the collective groan if they never mention Spotted Cow while out there. Was surprised they didn't mention the other famous brews (PBR for fucks sake!) either, even as just a historic note.

I can't imagine they wouldn't, but given Miller apparently paid them for sponsorship... maybe? Saw from the preview's they're at least hitting up Madison's farmer's market, though I can't imagine how they were able to do the usual race there unless they went at like, 8am. It's just so dense at all other hours.

Selfishly I'm ok with them not featuring Wisconsin better, because it'll keep the Coasties away if they don't learn what a lovely alcoholic-laden oasis it is.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

captkirk posted:

Season 21 Episode 2

No real spoilers, just me bitching about them not showing off my state better:

Miller High Life is the perfect beer and we can fight if you have a different opion.

I half joke. Spotted Cow is amazing and I wish I could get it in Pittsburgh without needing someone to smuggle it in for me. But I will accept not a lick of bad opinions about the champagne of the people.

I also howled at Charlie Berens being at the table for the elimination challenge

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Trabant posted:

Having each competitor stick to their schtick would be pretty funny. Lagerstrom has to do a dance every time he finishes/tastes a dish, Weissman has to overreact to everything, Babish can only be filmed with a voiceover, and Chlebowski is added as a judge/commentator to go into far too much detail about every featured ingredient.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I will only accept this premise if Ann Reardon is on the judging panel

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

And they all get their asses handed to them by Abuela from De mi Rancho a Tu Cucuna.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
You Suck At Cooking would rock at a Cuthroat Kitchen style competition. No knives? Won't slow YSAC! He'd slice veg with editing magic by throwing them against the wall.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I enjoy my foodtubers but reading these posts makes me thankful no one puts them in the same room together

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

esperantinc posted:

I wondered if he might have had a scheduling conflict or what behind the scenes thing happened. Wouldn't be surprised if he just didn't show up thinking there was no way he'd make it through last chance after his attitude. Good riddance though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

esperantinc posted:

he didn't have the right hat for the moment

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

he didn't have the right hat for the moment

Screaming_Gremlin
Dec 26, 2005

Look at him. Dude's a stone-cold badass.

Nephzinho posted:

I wondered if he might have had a scheduling conflict or what behind the scenes thing happened. Wouldn't be surprised if he just didn't show up thinking there was no way he'd make it through last chance after his attitude. Good riddance though.

I wondered if he just skipped out after how poorly he bombed in that cookoff to determine the person being eliminated in episode 1. He seemed to have no idea what he was doing, outside of tossing everything into a blender.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The Last Chance Kitchen plot thickens. David's gone on record saying he "wasn’t allowed to compete" and that an NDA stops him from saying more, while Tom said he "chose not to compete", then reworded it as "He opted out."

Sounds like he's either saving face after throwing a tantrum, or otherwise made some choices after getting eliminated that barred him from Last Chance.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

NGL I really wanna know more about this because I don't think I can watch LCK up here in Canada

Also is there TOC tonight becuase Easter?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

NGL I really wanna know more about this because I don't think I can watch LCK up here in Canada

Also is there TOC tonight becuase Easter?

There is!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

There is and it's a HOSS of a loving episode

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Probably the best cooking from all the chefs all season. Really delicious and impressive looking stuff.

Jet!!!!!!!!! Enough said there.

Britt advancing past Amanda was not a shocker but not what I expected.

Antonia moving on is awesome but :rip: the season cinderella!

Tobias :( he cooked his heart out and made a killer dish but Mauneet is just too baller

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Holy poo poo Is this Jet's year? Feeling it especially with the edit

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

bunnyofdoom posted:

Holy poo poo Is this Jet's year? Feeling it especially with the edit

You might be right, their FN show was just added to MAX last week

This is definitely the sickest final four so far

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Top Chef this week:

Cool that the two front runners this year are an Indian chef and a pitmaster, that would be a hell of a finale meal.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

pbs food on youtube has been uploading a bunch of old episodes of stuff (like mind of a chef) recently and its been chill

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Kenny really didn't seem comfortable competing, so not shocked he went home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
S21E3
Tom has a lot of opinions I don't get... but he was absolutely right to make fun of everyone doing croquettes. I wanted to see more of the interesting dishes. Give me a beer cheese soup dumpling or something!