Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

I'm getting too invested in my job again. It's pretty dead-end and there is no incentive for me to do any extra work but I can't help but go full-steam into a thankless project.

Every job Iíve quit has been completely blindsided. They always think Iím super happy there because I must enjoy the job to be so motivated, but really I just donít have settings that arenít ďfull steamĒ or ďso completely checked out Iím gonna get firedĒ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Every job I’ve quit has been completely blindsided. They always think I’m super happy there because I must enjoy the job to be so motivated, but really I just don’t have settings that aren’t “full steam” or “so completely checked out I’m gonna get fired”

The past few months I was okay at doing kinda the minimum and skating by but now the guilt is racking up.

I just wish there was a promotion path for me but I can't even get a raise and I'm making less than average for my area.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Great, the Johnson and Johnson vaccine has been pulled because 6 people got blood clots.
Six...out of 6.8 million people vaccinated. Granted, I'm not an epidemiologist or immunologist or any sort of doctor or scientist, but that seems like REALLY low odds.

I was scheduled to get that vaccine today at 1 PM but not anymore.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I just wasted all my charitable impulse for the day on a wet lump of fuzz.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Great, the Johnson and Johnson vaccine has been pulled because 6 people got blood clots.
Six...out of 6.8 million people vaccinated. Granted, I'm not an epidemiologist or immunologist or any sort of doctor or scientist, but that seems like REALLY low odds.

I was scheduled to get that vaccine today at 1 PM but not anymore.

This has been the case for Oxford-AstraZeneca here (with so far one local death that can be attributted to blood clots out of a good million or so vaccinated people). As that was the only vaccine being used for younger folks, now it's only being used for the 60+ population (because clot risk is lower there I think?). A good number of teachers and healthcare people have gotten just the first AZ dose and don't know when or if they are getting the second one. Meanwhile TV keeps pumping up the issue all day - the local teacher who died, and four more cases in all of Europe, and then "Janssen also got six cases so no vaccine is secure!". So people are panicky and many are just saying they won't vaccinate because you can die from it - while the ICUs start getting pumped full of younger folks. It's a mess .

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Latest software update (I guess) killed off my cursor/pointer thingy. Last year, an update killed off my sound. I "fixed" the sound by getting a USB sound card. I am using a plug-&-play mouse with my laptop, which at least gives me a cursor/pointer arrow. . . but I'm going to have to grit my teeth and buy a new computer.

First world problems, I know, which is why I'm just dropping a grumpy comment here.

This comp: HP something or other, not over 5 yrs old.

Roobanguy
May 30, 2011

Brother got killed crossing a crosswalk by a negligent driver

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Clever Betty

Ugh, gently caress, dude. I know it's fairly meaningless from a rando on the internet, but my condolences. gently caress lovely drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Seconded. I'm really sorry for your loss.