Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My last day and we're an hour late with high numbers. And also for some reason my fingers keep going numb even though it's no colder in there than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

do sinus infections cause massive thick yellow mucus tubes to constantly fill up your nose and sinuses

I remember having that happen a long long time ago, my head would be completely clogged and I'd blow my nose after waking up and like, these horrific yellow mucus "molds" of my nostrils and sinuses would end up on the tissue, just long connected tubes of mucus that looked kinda like flattened rigatoni or something. it was a bad time. to this day I have no idea what it was or what caused it.
That's one of the clearest symptoms. I get them once or twice a year with raging ear infections that feel like the utter fuckery of Dwarf Fortress is happening inside my head and not only do I get those "molds" you describe, it's typically the consistency of Silly Putty and I have to snort it back because I end up with lumps of it that are, no exaggeration, the size of golf balls. Feels much better once they're gone, though.

Manager Hoyden posted:

I am making GBS threads at work right now and there is someone in the stall next to me playing music on a speaker. Loudly.

I can't decide whether this is good or not but it is a first.
Either sing along or ask Google/Siri what song it is.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Son of a bithc, my internet just got shut off today. I am, uh, several months behind at this point but boy do I wish services would stop getting turned off without warning.

I really hope I get that job I I reviewed for.

Lol, just wanted to add that my only chair just broke so if I put any weight on the right side towards to back it just tips straight over so I'm basically just perched on the front with no back support. But it's still useable so gently caress it

Garrand has a new favorite as of 18:51 on Nov 6, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m moving for a new job on Sunday and my new schedule is gonna suck (4a-1230p), I’m going to be living in a hotel, and I’m not going to know anyone and there’s no way to meet people with everything shut down. It’s such a bummer.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

The anti depressants I got prescribed are making me exhausted, dizzy and nauseated. They work for my emotions, I feel great there, at least. gently caress.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I start an overnight shift 11-7 tonight and should be sleeping right now. My dogs loudly disagree.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Work starts in under four hours and I haven't had solid sleep since Saturday night so I have to call out because I'm not going into work on like 2-3 hours of sleep in 36 hours. They keep not using my sick days for when I'm out so I still have a bunch to use, but it's just really annoying that I can't get to sleep. Fall asleep for an hour, wake up wide awake and sit in bed for another hour trying to get back to sleep before giving up.

I can take some stuff to really make sure I get some sleep, but I try not to because then I sleep for like 10+ hours. But I definitely will this time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I loving hate my new job so god drat much. Whenever i'm in a stupid online meeting I think about tearing my lanyard off and storming over to HR and telling them I'm loving done.

I'm about to start day number 3.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Same. At least at my current job, its the work itself that sucks, not the team or the bullshit office politics like my last job.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I can’t even do my actual job here. I had my finger on the eject button all day yesterday so I’m not sure I’m gonna make it a week here.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Stick it out until the first paycheck and bail. Sooner if you have a better offer.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bargearse posted:

Stick it out until the first paycheck and bail. Sooner if you have a better offer.

First paycheck comes with my signing bonus which would make quitting a substantial pain in the rear end since I have to pay it back and like 30 percent gets withheld on taxes, so I would actually come out behind.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just do a poo poo job until they fire you. I doubt you'd have to pay back your bonus if they terminate you.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Celeste is missing from my steam library, it's not even in the folder. I have no idea what happened to it, I bought it a while ago and beat it, but no evidence is on my computer at all. I did a fix involving clearing the cache, but it's still not there. If I want to play it again it looks like I'd have to rebuy it. Unless I can find the reciept in the email and contact support.

The receipt corrected me - it was in the epic store. I totally forgot I'd used that.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Ugh, that's happened to me too, it's getting harder to remember which store I've bought things from now that it seems like there's more and more of them.

I'm glad you found it :unsmith:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just do a poo poo job until they fire you. I doubt you'd have to pay back your bonus if they terminate you.

:lmao: I'm not there to actually accomplish anything, I'm there because they're legally required to have someone in my role. If I did a good job it would gently caress with their numbers.

I guess I could do a good job until they fire me?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well then there's your answer! Just become hyper-vigilant and super by the book until they decide to move on from you. Nothing is more infuriating than someone that follows the rules and maybe knowing that you're making their lives a living hell will be enough to keep plowing forward.

As for my own lovely day, one of my bigger clients got tossed out of my bank and because of that it dipped me below one of my commission breakpoints, so I'm going to miss out on a considerable amount of income for the quarter. It really sucks because I was think about starting to look into breaking out on my own as an independent advisor sometime next year and could really use the extra cash.

On the plus side he was an absolute nightmare of a client with zero redeeming qualities, so having him be out of my work life is almost worth losing a bunch of money.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I won a charity bid for a front row parking spot at work because I am sick of the jousting that happens in the parking lot as far too many people fight over far too few spots. Someone has parked in my spot a third of the time I've had it, and security has said they won't do anything beyond put a sticker on the car saying not to park there. But that's meaningless when it's a different person doing it every day. Even marking the spot with a traffic cone does nothing, they just move the cone. If this keeps happening every day, I'm going to ask for my money back, I thought they'd actually do something about it but no, and these spots are very much not cheap, I only splurged for it because trying to get parking during the holiday season is an absolute nightmare and I didn't want to deal with the parking lot rage and fights (which do happen), and now that's still pointless because people keep stealing the spot.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I am at a loss for what to do with my lovely loving roommate.

Three straight weeks she's been hosting her loser FWB hook-up because she's lonely, and not only does she refuse to ask him to chip in on rent/utilities or even do chores, she didn't even let me know he was essentially moving in. Meanwhile if I so much as ask "How long is he staying?" I get a very hostile "I don't know." The last time she did this and I pushed on the very reasonable point "If I did this with a girl you'd be asking for our heads on pikes. Why can't he chip in?" she threw a loving tantrum for weeks.

I'm stuck on the lease with this jerk for at least 5 more months, and I don't know what to do that isn't throwing down a gauntlet and escalating. That's why she's being such an abusive poo poo. She knows my only options are to basically nuke the household. Not going to lie, I'm tempted to though. The lack of courtesy and respect she's showing is ridiculous.

Christ I hope I can save up enough to get the gently caress away from her in 5 months. Why do moving costs have to be so loving high?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
What does your landlord say about another person moving in?

Tortoise hut heat lamp fell today. Thankfully my mom was home, not at work, and caught the smoke before there was a fire.

So we had to shove all our tortoises into the old hut (think a supersized dog house) for the cold night, while we figure out how to fix the heater/make a new setup. The irritating thing is we've had all year to do it, but every design I had didn't work, and the dude who built it kinda messed up by adding a floor, so we also found, when digging out all the smoky straw, that some box turtles dug under the thing, and were crushed/couldn't get out and died.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

What does your landlord say about another person moving in?
That's what I mean by "no option left but escalate." That would work, but then it creates an even more hostile environment for the remaining 5 months while I struggle to scrounge up the money to move (I'm working 3 jobs already and can barely afford my bills). My roommate is very petty and vindictive, and I leave my dog alone with her. She's already pulled the insane move of contacting my girlfriend behind my back to try and complain about me, then blowing up at her when she told my roommate to kick rocks. She thinks I'm that I don't know that she did this.

I'm sure I could find a room somewhere that I could afford, it's 100% saving up the moving costs and the fact that even one unexpected event could send me into serious trouble.

quote:

Tortoise hut heat lamp fell today. Thankfully my mom was home, not at work, and caught the smoke before there was a fire.

So we had to shove all our tortoises into the old hut (think a supersized dog house) for the cold night, while we figure out how to fix the heater/make a new setup. The irritating thing is we've had all year to do it, but every design I had didn't work, and the dude who built it kinda messed up by adding a floor, so we also found, when digging out all the smoky straw, that some box turtles dug under the thing, and were crushed/couldn't get out and died.
How many floors is a habitat normally? Also I'm sorry about those box turtles. It sounds like you guys have a lot of work and little time to do it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

That's what I mean by "no option left but escalate." That would work, but then it creates an even more hostile environment for the remaining 5 months while I struggle to scrounge up the money to move (I'm working 3 jobs already and can barely afford my bills). My roommate is very petty and vindictive, and I leave my dog alone with her. She's already pulled the insane move of contacting my girlfriend behind my back to try and complain about me, then blowing up at her when she told my roommate to kick rocks. She thinks I'm that I don't know that she did this.

I'm sure I could find a room somewhere that I could afford, it's 100% saving up the moving costs and the fact that even one unexpected event could send me into serious trouble.

How many floors is a habitat normally? Also I'm sorry about those box turtles. It sounds like you guys have a lot of work and little time to do it.

It sucks but you didn't create the lovely situation - your roommate did. You not escalating things because you don't want to rock the boat further is what she's banking on. Escalate the situation. Things are going to be lovely so why not make them lovely for her too?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Make sure anything you truly cherish is off site before you do imo

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Got done with work at 8 last night. Couldn’t fall asleep til ten. Woke up at 1 because a dipshit sent me like three texts in a row.

Now I have to go to work from 4am to 145.

I feel like this isn’t safe at all.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Depression, impostor syndrome, and RSD hitting at full force today. And I have lots of stuff to do so crawling back into bed until everything goes away is not an option.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I just found out my dog has cancer, we won’t know for a few days what kind, and my Mom’s work is threatening to send her in to help with patient care (she’s an office worker for a hospital with no medical training). Right now it’s voluntary but they said it might become compulsory.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Biplane posted:

It sucks but you didn't create the lovely situation - your roommate did. You not escalating things because you don't want to rock the boat further is what she's banking on. Escalate the situation. Things are going to be lovely so why not make them lovely for her too?

Captain Invictus posted:

Make sure anything you truly cherish is off site before you do imo
Yeah this is why I'm not escalating-- my elderly dog is at home and has to be left alone with her for hours at a time. She's already abused the poor girl. My dog is admittedly neurotic but terrified of my roommate in a "this woman did something to me and I don't feel safe" way. I already have a camera hidden and haven't seen anything, but at some point in the recent past my roommate definitely did something to gently caress with her.

The upshot is I did some serious budget work and realized that if I'm careful and nothing calamitous happens, I can afford to move out. It'll be tight, but it would have been tight anyway. The only problem is that there will still be a 1-2 month gap (minimum) where I have to break the news to her "I don't want to live with you anymore" and I'm worried about spite. I don't think she'd cause serious harm to my dog, but I still don't like taking the risk, you feel me?

But yeah you're right-- I didn't create the bad situation. I really didn't. I've always paid my bills on-time and kept the place clean. She's the one who decided that wasn't enough to respect and that she had to impose her will on me, and refused to deescalate when confronted. A rando might not be much better, but it's also a good chance to downsize and up my mobility, which I want to do anyway because my long-term plans aren't tied to this region.

I'm just broken-hearted. I really did think better of her. I'm sure she would say the same about me.

LeafyOrb posted:

I just found out my dog has cancer, we won’t know for a few days what kind, and my Mom’s work is threatening to send her in to help with patient care (she’s an office worker for a hospital with no medical training). Right now it’s voluntary but they said it might become compulsory.
Well that sounds illegal af. All the places I've ever lived won't let you within farting distance of a patient unless you have at least one certification. I hope she has some legal recourse if they try that crap.

Mikl posted:

Depression, impostor syndrome, and RSD hitting at full force today. And I have lots of stuff to do so crawling back into bed until everything goes away is not an option.
Strong mood. I hope your day ended up alright.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Yeah I at least doubt they would ever actually try to pull that poo poo because it sounds like lawsuit city, it’s still garbage that they’re even considering it.

She’s planning to quit as soon as the pandemic is over anyway because the managers are loving awful.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I got diagnosed with Covid today.

Symptoms are mild atm.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Symptoms are mild atm.

Good luck! I had it bad in April but it started bad so it’s not like it escalated. In most cases it doesn’t go from mild to severe so you should end up trucking through fine. What symptoms are you dealing with?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Symptoms are mild atm.
get an oxymeter if you don't already have one, ASAP, and keep an eye on that poo poo. you probably already know this but it's one of the easier ways to tell if you're not handling it well sooner rather than later.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Tortoise hut didn't burn down, just stinks from the smoke. At least it's not super freezing at night, so they're cramped in the old one at night, but better that than URIs.

Walrus, can anyone else take your dog for a short while?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah this is why I'm not escalating-- my elderly dog is at home and has to be left alone with her for hours at a time. She's already abused the poor girl. My dog is admittedly neurotic but terrified of my roommate in a "this woman did something to me and I don't feel safe" way. I already have a camera hidden and haven't seen anything, but at some point in the recent past my roommate definitely did something to gently caress with her.

The upshot is I did some serious budget work and realized that if I'm careful and nothing calamitous happens, I can afford to move out. It'll be tight, but it would have been tight anyway. The only problem is that there will still be a 1-2 month gap (minimum) where I have to break the news to her "I don't want to live with you anymore" and I'm worried about spite. I don't think she'd cause serious harm to my dog, but I still don't like taking the risk, you feel me?

If it's this bad, you went the right route in putting up security, especially for your dog. Do you have anyone that can watch your pup temporarily while you move? Personally I wouldn't say poo poo to your toxic roommate, if at all possible - let your landlord know what's going on, make your plans, quietly remove yourself from the lease & ghost her abusive rear end. She & her FWB squatter friend can figure poo poo out on their own. Also, when you move, make sure you get friends or local authorities to stop by so you can make sure nothing lovely happens, definitely sounds like she's the type that would cause drama, lie & go full nuclear when she doesn't get her way.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

winterwerefox posted:

The anti depressants I got prescribed are making me exhausted, dizzy and nauseated. They work for my emotions, I feel great there, at least. gently caress.

Which ones are they?

Normally it can take a couple of weeks before it getting better with the symptoms you described.

Been on antidepressants for a couple of years now.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Good luck! I had it bad in April but it started bad so it’s not like it escalated. In most cases it doesn’t go from mild to severe so you should end up trucking through fine. What symptoms are you dealing with?

The worst of it is the fatigue. I spent most of Thursday and Friday sleeping. Yesterday I wasn't as tired but I get winded easily. Same thing today.

I'm also having some light headedness, a run down feeling, and a persistent but mild headache. Im also alternating between boiling and freezing but I don't have a fever.

Thankfully I'm not experiencing any respiratory symptoms. I can breathe just fine and I don't have a cough.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Reminded me of when I had a bad cold last year - I felt a chill so made the mistake of putting on my dressing gown, only to realise a few hours later that the shaking was because I was OVERheating, not cold, and so I just gradually fell down in a really slow faint for a few seconds before I could stand up enough to get my dressing gown off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wanting to nap before work, I crawled into bed

Only for my thoughts to shift, to existential dread

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My dog is 18, and I know she's long outlived her normal lifespan, but this past week she's really begun to show her feebleness, and her physical and mental decline. it's hard to come to terms with. she's still occasionally cognizant, but there's definitely times when she just kinda walks into things, and she's now blind in one eye. The vet earlier this week said she's physically healthy, just old, so I guess it's just her brain deteriorating. Like I let her out to go to the bathroom earlier and when she came back to come in she just kinda wandered headfirst into the door frame. It sucks.

And I was planning on sleeping a bit less today so I could get back on my work schedule, and instead apparently rolled over, turned off my alarm, went back to sleep and just absolutely blew past when I was planning to wake up. so that's all hosed now.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Kidney Stone posted:

Which ones are they?

Normally it can take a couple of weeks before it getting better with the symptoms you described.

Been on antidepressants for a couple of years now.

Prozac. Haven't been able to get a hold of my primary care physician for two weeks. My pharmacy thinks my doctor is a guy I never heard of and the office they sent my meds refill never heard of me as well. My clinic thinks I'm a new patient and not assigned to my doctor. I think of an inner ear infection. I can't stand and do anything strenuous or I start feeling like to black out.

winterwerefox has a new favorite as of 06:58 on Nov 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My phone is dead because the wireless charging pad had one of those "No, I won't charge, something is wrong, I need an adult" phase, while I was sleeping.

It's not a huge issue - it's already up to ten percent - but ugh.