Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I just found out my dog has cancer, we won’t know for a few days what kind, and my Mom’s work is threatening to send her in to help with patient care (she’s an office worker for a hospital with no medical training). Right now it’s voluntary but they said it might become compulsory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Yeah I at least doubt they would ever actually try to pull that poo poo because it sounds like lawsuit city, it’s still garbage that they’re even considering it.

She’s planning to quit as soon as the pandemic is over anyway because the managers are loving awful.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Well after a cancer scare last year my dog just got diagnosed with lymphoma and has at best a couple months to live. He’s 15 and had a good life, but it really sucks to watch him slowly die. At some point we’ll probably have to decide to put him down when this poo poo escalates and his condition gets worse. He doesn’t seem to be in pain right now at least and is getting pet a lot.

I also have to do some lovely homework for my lovely certification class, love to make a PowerPoint while crying.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I had to put my dog down today, this stupid rear end year has taken so much from me. I have literally been crying all day since I woke up. gently caress cancer.

I have poo poo I have to do today, how the hell am I doing that.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Oh cool my other dog stopped eating, and had to be put down due to internal bleeding from cancer he suddenly had. Cool cool cool. It’s been 4 months since we put the last one down. 2 dogs to zero in 4 months. Awesome great fantastic thanks. Definitely not destroying me right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

So it’s been about a year since I lost one of the two dogs that died to cancer last year (anniversary was the 14th, hooray for Valentine’s Day). A lot of people in this thread have lost loved ones and beloved pets over the past year. I don’t want to say it gets “better” but it does hurt less over time.

This may sound cliché but what helped me is getting back into weightlifting which I fell away from during the first year of the pandemic. It helped distract me from my grief until I was ready to deal with it and let me channel those feelings towards something productive. I guess I’m saying that while you shouldn’t run away from your feelings finding an outlet for them helps a lot.

Also I’m probably doing my first powerlifting meet when omicron let’s up but this isn’t really the place to brag about that aspect. I’m excited though.