Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
nvm

Farten Barfen has a new favorite as of 07:48 on Apr 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
This one starts lovely but ends up a bit less so.

I've got really really lovely stomach problems that flare up occasionally. I won't be able to swallow solid food at all, and won't be able to even keep down water for more than a half hour. These flareups can last anywhere from a day or two all the way up to 17 days for the longest (thankfully that one I was able to keep water down once every few days.)

This has been going on for about 15 years. I have not had any form of insurance for most of this time, and I literally can't count how many times I've had to go to the ER to get a small handful of Zofran and a huge bill. I have no idea how much money I'm on the hook for.

Welp, it started up again the other day and I've been spending about 16ish hours a day just laying down and rolling over to puke or dry heave.

Today I had a few minutes where I felt good enough to book it to the ER and it turns out, I've got Medicaid! And it hasn't expired or whatever! The staff at this new hospital (I'm living in a new town) was incredibly helpful, didn't treat me like poo poo, and even put me on fluids (this has never once happened before in the other states I've lived in, I've at most got a quick shot of IV Zofran).

I still feel like I got hit by a bus, and it will probably take a while before I can see a gastroenterologist to actually figure out what the actual problem is, but at least the ER people are happy to help me with flareups until that happens :unsmith:

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Just found out a nice old guy I used to smoke weed with years ago got beaten to death with a hammer by his landlord. It apparently happened a month and a half ago but the police waited to release his name because they wanted to wait until they talked to his family first.

He didn't have any family though :(

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

Rainbow Knight posted:

just tell me that i'm right :mad:

You're right

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Edit: misread

Edit edit:

Biplane posted:

Never anime.

Farten Barfen has a new favorite as of 08:16 on Oct 9, 2020

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
A friend of mine's mom died in a car accident yesterday. I used to live with the both of them. It's very much not MY loss, but I'm heartbroken over what my friend is going through. I wish I could be more helpful.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
A friend of mine has been going through a severe psychological crisis due to a heavily abusive relationship that she's trying to extricate herself from. I haven't been around to help out due to a number of reasons, but mostly covid.

A guy I know who lives near her called me the other day and described how she'd taken a really bad turn, was suicidal and self harming and had asked to be hospitalized. Despite my description of my many, many times having been rightfully hospitalized and how it literally saved my life more than once, his response was "lol no she should just crash on my couch, you're being dramatic" and completely ignoring my experience.

She fell down some stairs and broke her spine in two places today, either from her being hosed up from drugs or intentionally trying to harm herself.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
My cat died today. He just... died.

He was perfectly happy and healthy, playing around in some boxes, had what looked like some sort of seizure, and died. My partner and I didn’t know what was going on and after he collapsed we rushed him over to the vet down the block, but he was dead by the time we got there.

The vet suspects that it was some sort of blood clot in his brain or a (otherwise asymptomatic) brain tumor. Apparently this can just happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
My mom made a lot of money, like a life changing amount of money out of all this stupid cryptocurrency bullshit partially with my help and then revealed she’s relapsed on meth. I haven’t been this angry in years.

Nobody will benefit from this.