Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax

by Lowtax
DId you're grandma have wierd house full of dark hallways and small rooms full of knick-knacks and knick-knack shelves and when you'd go in there you knew you were the first person to enter that room in months? We'll if so, then this is the MEGATHREAD FOR YOU?

You = :bigtran:
Me = :clint:

:clint: This is a megathread
:bigtran: WHAAAAAT????? Why would we need a megathread about grandma's houses?
:clint: my point stands....
:bigtran: ....you....genius!

:siren:MEGATHREAD:siren:

Flesh Forge posted:

Somebody should really make a grandmother's house\room megathread. M'thinks there might be a worthy treasure or two therein.

Please check out POST NUMBER TWO FOR THREAD RULES:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax

by Lowtax
BEST GRANDMA STORIES:

Poodge posted:

My grandparents had a really huge attic that had books stacked up all over the place as well as weird antiques and stuff, it was neat.

Tweezer Reprise posted:

i attempted to get my edit in before you noticed op, my apologies

a hole-y ghost posted:

My grandma always wants to go and do something outside of the house as soon as I get there :tinfoil:

Captain Yossarian posted:

My grandma had a bunch of cool old beer steins in an attic room and I always went to look at them when I visited.

Moon Atari posted:

Her son, my uncle, the brother of my mother. I have seven uncles from that side of the family so he was lost in the masses. He got his throat slit by another uncle with schizophrenia, he survived though so I'm not sure where he lives now grandma is in a nursing home.

Nooner posted:

my grandma had like a million little pocalin shotglasses but they werent like jsut normal shot glasses they were weird shapes like diffrent types of cups or stuff idk they were weird. she also had a dresser in her room with these super creepy little dolls that had heads made out of walnuts with faces painted on them

Thanks! added to HALL OF FAME!

canpakes posted:

My grandma enjoys the color blue and has a jar of blue sea glass in her window. There's a room with a bed that has blue pillows with pictures of birds on them but I suspect nobody has slept there in many a day. She has one of those stair chairs that's on a track and has a motor. But the room I'm talking about has stairs but no chair so I guess she can't get to it.
[/quot

8. [quote="canpakes" post="464463754"]
No, it was a motorized chair on a track that goes up stairs.

HJE-Cobra posted:

Hey man, if your grandma had floozies in her house, wouldn't you go visit more often?

EDIT:

10.[

Booblord Zagats posted:

My grandmother's home was the old plantation house the family had had since the early 1800s. The Gazebo was where the house slaves used to live, but they tore it down and built a gazebo with a BBQ pit attached. The old field slave quarters were eventually turned in to the shed they retrofit to cover the gas tanks (both natural for the house and gasoline for the combines and tractors). The house was only ever cold a few weeks a year, what with being in the swamp, so those months she'd make grampa set up the coal heater in the cellar or we'd never be further than 50ft from a stove or fireplace.

Whole place smelled like cow peas, pigeon peas and fried pork chops in the summer, and burning cedar, grampa's pipe and a hint of beef and veggie stew or dumplings in the winter. Her TV was a from 1971 with a giant magnifying screen in front of it so she could watch Price is Right and the news without her glasses. I remember when my dad got them a new living room set for their 40th anniversary in 88, they went from a very classical looking but uncomfortable set from the 50s to a really plush but incredibly 80s couch set with a Lazy Boy. They were both afraid to actually recline the recliner for some reason.

quote:

Edgar posted:
My grandma had a room filled with dolls. Half the room was a behind a large pane of glass, which protected the hundreds of dolls. There was also a rickety wooden chair facing the dolls. So my grandma can watch them.

Thanks for sharing, another one for the HALL OF FAMW

FluffieDuckie posted:

we welcome this thread from the ashes of gbs

welcome thread!

a star war betamax fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 21, 2016

a star war betamax

by Lowtax
THREAD RULES
(mod approved and enforced)

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah, go ahead. Make a good, concise OP and clearly state the rules, I'll drop by when able to clear out any trolls. I have a lot of hope for this thread.... best of luck to you all.

Cheers

1. Only grandma stories. Grandpas... lets not even go there.
2. What's in your Grandma's room? What kinds of rooms did she have? These are examples of the kinds of things we will be discussing in this thread
3. NO TROLLING (flame wars, etc.) this is a no brainer but really might as well mention in here so its "written in stone"
4. NO NEGATIVITY related to rule #3 (see above)
5. No personal info on grandma's. Let's all respect our dear grandmothers and refrain from posting any names, adresses, phone numbers or any other incriminating evidence. All photos should have the grandma's eyes or face tastefully blurred out (here's a link to some easy to use photo editing software https://www.google.sn/search?q=photoshop&oq=photoshop&aqs=chrome..69i57.2150j0j8&client=ubuntu&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)
6. reserved
7. Make suggestions! This is far from a one mane operation! this will take a village....or a wild bunch of grandma friendly goons! I know we got it in us to take this one to the stars.
8. Make grandma proud! HAHA!

a star war betamax fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 20, 2016

Barnes And Body Works

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
My grandparents had a really huge attic that had books stacked up all over the place as well as weird antiques and stuff, it was neat.

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

Poodge posted:

That sounds neat, thank you for sharing.

[ADDED TO OP]

Tweezer Reprise

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
my grandmother was cool before she moved to florida :cryingorange: but had a dumb computer that shut down upon hitting the escape key for an utterly unknown reason :confused:
that was pretty scary for me as a kid op

e: adhering to rule 1

Tweezer Reprise fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 20, 2016

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

Poodge posted:

[POSSIBLE INFRACTION]

I know you didn't overtly mention your grandpa but wording such as "grandparent" can inadvertantly include him. Please refer to rule number 1

8 track betamax posted:

1. Only grandma stories. Grandpas... lets not even go there.

Please be more careful in the future and think about removing offending wording from your post

(post in OP hall of fame will remain "as is" for historical record)

a hole-y ghost

My grandma always wants to go and do something outside of the house as soon as I get there :tinfoil:

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

Tweezer Reprise posted:

my grandparents were cool before they moved to florida :cryingorange: but had a dumb computer that shut down upon hitting the escape key for an utterly unknown reason :confused:
that was pretty scary for me as a kid op

Ok wow, once again it's great to hear these stories but please refer to RULE #1 (see above) when cafting your posts.... this is another subtle mention of grandpas. I'd like to add this story to the OP HALL OF FAME but not sure we want to continue encouraging this kind of language.

But like I said before this is not a one horse show, we are all in this "togheter". So what say YOU, the readers of this thread? Should we be penalizing ALL references to grandpas? Or only overt ones? I'll have franco put up a poll

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

a hole-y ghost posted:

Great story! Added to the OP HALL OF FAME

Tweezer Reprise

8 track betamax posted:

Ok wow, once again it's great to hear these stories but please refer to RULE #1 (see above) when cafting your posts.... this is another subtle mention of grandpas. I'd like to add this story to the OP HALL OF FAME but not sure we want to continue encouraging this kind of language.

But like I said before this is not a one horse show, we are all in this "togheter". So what say YOU, the readers of this thread? Should we be penalizing ALL references to grandpas? Or only overt ones? I'll have franco put up a poll

ClamdestineBoyster
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes because my grandmother is ms havisham. :colbert:

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

Tweezer Reprise posted:

Ok.. thank you for doing that you re setting a great example for everyone. I added your post to the HALL OF FAME

Captain Yossarian

All new" Rings of Fire"
My grandma had a bunch of cool old beer steins in an attic room and I always went to look at them when I visited.

a star war betamax

by Lowtax
Great stuff everyone, I'll be roosting on this thread all week and meticulous curating every post....so post away my friends!

Moon Atari

My grandma had a room full of unopened model truck boxes and when I went in there a strange bearded man emerged from under the boxes and became very upset about my presence in the box room. Turns out it was an uncle no one talks about who still lives with his mother.

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

Captain Yossarian posted:

Interesting.... added to HALL OF FAME

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

Moon Atari posted:

My grandma had a room full of unopened model truck boxes and when I went in there a strange bearded man emerged from under the boxes and became very upset about my presence in the box room. Turns out it was an uncle no one talks about who still lives with his mother.

Was the uncle the brother of your grandmother? Or the brother of her....husband?

Tweezer Reprise

i cannot help but be proud that my "grandma`s room story." is in the 2 place in this list of grandma stories. thank you 8tb

Pimpcasso

VOLS BITCH
i can her my mamaw op

Captain Yossarian

All new" Rings of Fire"

8 track betamax posted:

Interesting.... added to HALL OF FAME

My grandma is now dead so her ghost can live on in the Hall, thanks!

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

Tweezer Reprise posted:

i cannot help but be proud that my "grandma`s room story." is in the 2 place in this list of grandma stories. thank you 8tb

Tip o' th' cap

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

vols bitch posted:

i can her my mamaw op

8 track betamax posted:

5. No personal info on grandma's. Let's all respect our dear grandmothers and refrain from posting any names, adresses, phone numbers or any other incriminating evidence. All photos should have the grandma's eyes or face tastefully blurred out (here's a link to some easy to use photo editing software https://www.google.sn/search?q=photoshop&oq=photoshop&aqs=chrome..69i57.2150j0j8&client=ubuntu&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

a whole buncha crows

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
i can smell it

Moon Atari

8 track betamax posted:

Was the uncle the brother of your grandmother? Or the brother of her....husband?

Her son, my uncle, the brother of my mother. I have seven uncles from that side of the family so he was lost in the masses. He got his throat slit by another uncle with schizophrenia, he survived though so I'm not sure where he lives now grandma is in a nursing home.

mind the walrus

When I was a lad I saw a picture of my grandparents with Jimmy Carter and I thought "who the hell is that?"

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
my grandma had like a million little pocalin shotglasses but they werent like jsut normal shot glasses they were weird shapes like diffrent types of cups or stuff idk they were weird. she also had a dresser in her room with these super creepy little dolls that had heads made out of walnuts with faces painted on them

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

Moon Atari posted:

Thanks for sharing! Added to HALL OF FAME!

scott zoloft

yeah same
g-ma always fancied a bottle of kahlua on holidays

canpakes

by Nyc_Tattoo
My grandma enjoys the color blue and has a jar of blue sea glass in her window. There's a room with a bed that has blue pillows with pictures of birds on them but I suspect nobody has slept there in many a day. She has one of those stair chairs that's on a track and has a motor. But the room I'm talking about has stairs but no chair so I guess she can't get to it.

scott zoloft

yeah same
"i'll have a fuzzy navel... my navel's not so fuzzy anymore"

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

When I was a lad I saw a picture of my grandparents with Jimmy Carter and I thought "who the hell is that?"

why did you not know what your grandpaernets looked like

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

Nooner posted:

Thanks! added to HALL OF FAME!

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

canpakes posted:

Was it a tall chair with stairs leading up to it? Weird stuff at grandma's houses.

canpakes

by Nyc_Tattoo

8 track betamax posted:

Was it a tall chair with stairs leading up to it? Weird stuff at grandma's houses.

canpakes

by Nyc_Tattoo
A piece of embroidery bearing the inscription "there's no place like home and there's no meme like Cucky pizzone" is what a cool grandma would have

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

canpakes posted:

Oh okay that makes more sense

ADDED TO HALL OF FAME

criscodisco

do it
My grandma was cool but then she married some old guy we hated named Harry. Harry had a "secret" drawer that he said was his church treasurer stuff but it was really full of titty mags and in the soda fridge in the garage he had a bunch of glass vials with instructions how to inject them into your weiner when you need a boner.

canpakes

by Nyc_Tattoo

criscodisco posted:

My grandma was cool but then she married some old guy we hated named Harry. Harry had a "secret" drawer that he said was his church treasurer stuff but it was really full of titty mags and in the soda fridge in the garage he had a bunch of glass vials with instructions how to inject them into your weiner when you need a boner.

Merciful Christ. Not only is this profane but it violates rule 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax

by Lowtax
I'll be honest here and say that I am reeling from "criscodisco"s post.......

• Locked thread