Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I've got an Amazon recommendation for you:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0898...eing+an+rear end in a top hat

It's 18 dollars so you can buy two.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

After you literally calling me Hitler in private chat I don't have much to feel bad about anymore.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

After you literally calling me Hitler in private chat I don't have much to feel bad about anymore.

You know who else doesn't feel bad about things?

That's right...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

You know who else doesn't feel bad about things?

That's right...

Buddha.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You sound mad, Max.

Might I even say...

Führerious.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8B6sJZdHU0

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You're in a real hurry, Max.

Strange.

I didn't think you wanted to be Russian.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

You're in a real hurry, Max.

Strange.

I didn't think you wanted to be Russian.

quit stalin for time

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Fall 1905

Orders:

France: A Naf - Tun, F Wes S A Naf - Tun, A Mar - Gas, A Sav - Rom, F Lyo S A Sav - Rom, A Bur - Sav, A Par - Bur, F Cly - Nao, F Eng - Mao

Germany: A Sil - Boh, A War - Mos, F Bal - Lvn, F Bot S A Nwy - Stp, A Nwy - Stp, F Nwg - Nwy, A Mil S A Sav - Rom, A Mun - Tyr

Italy: A Alb - Tri, F Tri - Adr, A Rom - Mil, F Nap - Rom, F Tys - Nap

Russia: A Vie - Boh, A Gal S A Ukr - War, A Mos S A Ukr - War, A Lvn S F Stp H, F Stp H

Turkey: F Aeg - Gre, A Gre - Alb, F Ion S A Gre - Alb, A Ser- Tri, A Bul - Ser

Phase Results

Retreat Phase, Fall 1905

Max, Keane, Somber, please PM me retreat/disband orders at some point.

I'm gonna study tonight though, so I will update tomorrow morning/afternoon with the official winter map.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i think there's a mistake about Max being in TYR

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I missed a correction, there will be map updates

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
max we can come to a deal maybe

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Keane submitted a correction that I forgot to insert.

A Vie - Boh became A Vie S A Ser - Tri

updated map

just submit retreats to me in the morning thanks

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

i think there's a mistake about Max being in TYR

chic and i are going to crack open your hard exterior to get to the smooth chocolate underneath.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

chic and i are going to crack open your hard exterior to get to the smooth chocolate underneath.

Not everyone has an insectoid exoskeleton like yourself, Max.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Max posted:

:pusheen:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pera I apologize in advance for anything I said in confessionals.

edit: WELL ACTUALLY NEVERMIND

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 19, 2016

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max, Chic, I'd like to propose a four way tie between you two and Taste and myself.

I also think this conversation best takes place here. Since taste and I have agreed to a tie even if we beat everyone, the prize is of no consequence to us.

If you have the same agreement, a tie is the move that makes the most sense. Diplomacy is clumsy when the horse trading element is removed, and this conflict will take a long time to resolve.

Let's end it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

Max, Chic, I'd like to propose a four way tie between you two and Taste and myself.

I also think this conversation best takes place here. Since taste and I have agreed to a tie even if we beat everyone, the prize is of no consequence to us.

If you have the same agreement, a tie is the move that makes the most sense. Diplomacy is clumsy when the horse trading element is removed, and this conflict will take a long time to resolve.

Let's end it.

Well I'm willing to consider it at least.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

Well I'm willing to consider it at least.

Glad we finally got you on board.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So Chic - do you really think Max will accept a tie with you once he spreads East?

If he manages to be successful there - a big if - he will be very powerful. Do you think he'd be willing to accept a tie at that point?

Because right now he is saying he wants to continue through the least interesting part of diplomacy - the part that will take literal weeks to resolve - in order to...end up exactly where he would be if he accepted the tie now?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It sounds like you think I'm a coward, Keane.

Chic Trombone is no coward.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I can discuss my feelings on this in thread, but Chic knows why I'm against it right now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

Chic Trombone is no fool either, and the outcome here is obvious.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I can discuss my feelings on this in thread, but Chic knows why I'm against it right now.

I think the thread knows why you're against this right now you have 40 reasons, all of which are most effective if you already have a prime account.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Chic Trombone is no fool either, and the outcome here is obvious.

Why do you seem to think I won't be heading east myself?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I think the thread knows why you're against this right now you have 40 reasons, all of which are most effective if you already have a prime account.

Probably not, actually.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

Why do you seem to think I won't be heading east myself?

Easiest way East is through Max. Heading East without targeting Max will be difficult.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

While we're on the subject, I guess.

Taste, if you want, you can still grab those two open SC's from Keane. I'm open to a three way tie.

A four way is right out.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Easiest way East is through Max. Heading East without targeting Max will be difficult.

Chic Trombone posted:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max to Chic:"You can totally trust me, we can beat them and then I'll offer you a tie."

Me: "I offer everybody a tie now."

Max: "No ties are for losers"

Max to Chic: "No no you can totally trust me"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The logic you're using assumes chic is dumb and that I am somehow pulling all the strings or that we barely talk, so I dunno how you're going to win her over with this.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

A four way tie is a cop out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

While we're on the subject, I guess.

Taste, if you want, you can still grab those two open SC's from Keane. I'm open to a three way tie.

A four way is right out.

How under explained.

I've been the most trustworthy this game. I've lied to no one.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

The logic you're using assumes chic is dumb and that I am somehow pulling all the strings or that we barely talk, so I dunno how you're going to win her over with this.

You will end in a beter position than she will so.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

A four way tie is a cop out.

You can make it a three way tie if you'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look, just to put it out there:

I started this game in a three-person alliance with Somber and pera (almost everyone knows.) We worked pretty well as a group and if pera had lived just a little longer, you would have seen a more concerted effort from me to finally bring some forces down south to help her regain her land.

Unfortunately, pera had to drop out (which was the best thing for her and I hope she is doing well.) This, sadly, brought an end to the Olive Garden alliance. pera leaving opened the door for Taste and Keane to grab a lot of power all at once that they would not have had if someone was still there to play the board, and made them stronger. This also essentially killed Somber. I am not really happy with the idea that we all go "OK, cool, we all deserve this win" when I feel like Somber, who was my cool and good friend for the entirety of this game, got the short end of the stick that lead to the tie. A four-way win in general already feels like a cop-out, but I'd feel better about the idea if Keane and Taste had actually acquired the land that they have through guile and strategic play. I had successfully taken Scandinavia all on my lonesome and had done a pretty good job of stemming Russian growth for a good portion of the game, so to cede it because of this feels like I am selling myself short.

As I said, I am fine with a three person tie, because it will feel like all three people would have done something to earn it. Though knocking me out would require like, almost all the effort to fall on Chic's shoulders while you two play mop up duty again, so I can see why that isn't the most attractive deal in the world to Chic.

If at some point this becomes unfun for Chic, I'll conceed to a tie because I don't want to wage a war with a partner that is clearly not interested anymore. But as long as she's game, I am too.

I also realize that this may blow up in my face and I could die / loose horribly. But at least it will be entertaining, and I'm all about that.

• Locked thread