Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I have never played this game before.

GTEFRIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well I may have made a mistake, looking at that map now. Germany is ripe for being destroyed immediately.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

you can change your prefs if you want but german strategy owns, spoilers for this link I am a huge nerd http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/resources/strategy/articles/turnbull-germany.htm

Nah, I will respect the random poo poo I typed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also hi peramene, I have never played with you before.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We should all be concerned about everyone living except for ourselves.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##grab

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I doubt this will do anything.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Who was next in line?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Here are my orders:

Attach jetpacks to my army.
Fly to America
Take over America.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I actually bought a physical copy to sit and ponder over.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It turns out you CAN give London to Russia now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Germany has some pointy hats for sale.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's a little after the beginning of the sabbath on the east coast. I hope you appreciate the hard work I'm doing when I should be resting.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Keane and I are going to bump butts in sweden. You should all come join.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's coming from jdip, so yeah, if it's an SC.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Australia's not part of this equation, bub.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Austria, Australia, whatever

Birdstrike is just one long con on pera's part.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

lol why does neither russia nor the uk have scandinavia yet

and why did russia let the turks into the black sea

what is even going on in this turn of the last century europe.

Germany has a time machine.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And Keane and I like bouncing butts.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's literally in the middle of a wedding I'll be at out of town . . . so don't expect much interaction from me that night.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's ok.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This wedding is fun.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:supaburn:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Come to Germany, have a party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nZyRlIgFLY

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JFC it took england and russia way too long to finally do something coordinated against me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

JFC it took england and russia way too long to finally do something coordinated against me.

Like for the last 4 turns, I've been saying to myself "Surely, this is the moment they stop me from taking over Scandinavia."

Nah, guess not.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max
Nov 30, 2002

After you literally calling me Hitler in private chat I don't have much to feel bad about anymore.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

You know who else doesn't feel bad about things?

That's right...

Buddha.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8B6sJZdHU0

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

i think there's a mistake about Max being in TYR

chic and i are going to crack open your hard exterior to get to the smooth chocolate underneath.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I can discuss my feelings on this in thread, but Chic knows why I'm against it right now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I think the thread knows why you're against this right now you have 40 reasons, all of which are most effective if you already have a prime account.

Probably not, actually.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

While we're on the subject, I guess.

Taste, if you want, you can still grab those two open SC's from Keane. I'm open to a three way tie.

A four way is right out.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The logic you're using assumes chic is dumb and that I am somehow pulling all the strings or that we barely talk, so I dunno how you're going to win her over with this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look, just to put it out there:

I started this game in a three-person alliance with Somber and pera (almost everyone knows.) We worked pretty well as a group and if pera had lived just a little longer, you would have seen a more concerted effort from me to finally bring some forces down south to help her regain her land.

Unfortunately, pera had to drop out (which was the best thing for her and I hope she is doing well.) This, sadly, brought an end to the Olive Garden alliance. pera leaving opened the door for Taste and Keane to grab a lot of power all at once that they would not have had if someone was still there to play the board, and made them stronger. This also essentially killed Somber. I am not really happy with the idea that we all go "OK, cool, we all deserve this win" when I feel like Somber, who was my cool and good friend for the entirety of this game, got the short end of the stick that lead to the tie. A four-way win in general already feels like a cop-out, but I'd feel better about the idea if Keane and Taste had actually acquired the land that they have through guile and strategic play. I had successfully taken Scandinavia all on my lonesome and had done a pretty good job of stemming Russian growth for a good portion of the game, so to cede it because of this feels like I am selling myself short.

As I said, I am fine with a three person tie, because it will feel like all three people would have done something to earn it. Though knocking me out would require like, almost all the effort to fall on Chic's shoulders while you two play mop up duty again, so I can see why that isn't the most attractive deal in the world to Chic.

If at some point this becomes unfun for Chic, I'll conceed to a tie because I don't want to wage a war with a partner that is clearly not interested anymore. But as long as she's game, I am too.

I also realize that this may blow up in my face and I could die / loose horribly. But at least it will be entertaining, and I'm all about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh wow well let me rethink my position here.

• Locked thread