Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
How does consciousness form from neurons and neurotransmitters? Why do I think about stuff? Who even is "I"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders

hardly!

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

bacalou

the brain works by the same principle as a slinky. when you are born they put your brain at the top of set of stairs and let it go. at some point towards the middle of the staircase there is an ant colony, and when your brain passes it, it gets covered in ants and then you can't think clearly. this is what's known as going 'over the hill'

bacalou

the secret to living forever is to get an upward escalator. be careful not to get a downward one or else you basically live to be five and then die of unslinking brain

bacalou

neurons are okay but if you can manage it try to upgrade to morons, they're better because there are more of them

Victory Position

Oh, come on. The brain is a THUNDERSTORM of thoughts and emotions and --ZAP--- you're thinking about your dog! and while you're posting you --ZAP-- you're thinking about this very thread!

the brain is a nebulous cloud, yeah, but --ZAP-- I should sign off before the lightning takes over.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bacalou

the medulla oblongata is an important part of the brain that lets you identify squished-sphere style medullas. surprisingly only cool people are born with medulla cubeatas, which let them identify squares such as yourself.

bacalou

some say the brain is a mystery, but that's incorrect because it actually classifies as survival horror since 1996

Victory Position

the rain is clearing and it's a sunny day. goddamnit. not a single thought in my head :mad:

----------------

bacalou

the folds in the brain are an evolutionary trait specific to humans who evolved them for a place to hide their pogs

bacalou

brain drain is actually a serious problem if you don't have a proper brain septic tank installed. the brain can come out through your skin and stink up the place

bacalou

letting something weigh on your mind is very unhealthy as the average brain cannot bench more than six grams at most, and some heavy thoughts can be up to 2.3 kilos

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

bacalou posted:

the folds in the brain are an evolutionary trait specific to humans who evolved them for a place to hide their pogs

bacalou

wondering why the brain is pink? simple: pink is a cute color

bacalou

regardless of what your self help tapes suggest, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FREE YOUR MIND. any brains off leash are subject to a $2000 minimum fine. you don't even want to know how much it costs if they have a brain fart.

bacalou

watch out for things people call 'brain food'. if your brain learns to eat on its own it won't need the rest of you

bacalou

ever see that PSA all "this is your brain on drugs"? well its literal bc when you do a drug your brain turns into an egg. if you do enough drugs they hatch and develop into their own independent women. this is why ladies are occasionally referred to as 'chicks', which is offensive because it reminds them of their former drug abuse problem.

bacalou

take care not to get a song 'stuck' in your head. there is on average only a 3.5 mm gap between the skull and the brain and thats barely enough room to fit a jingle.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

Aryu Kiddimeh
very carefully

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
the brain is actually unemployed

Bareback Werewolf
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Two Questions:

1.) Why does this subforum exist?

2.) What happened to GBS?

----------------

Victory Position

bacalou posted:

watch out for things people call 'brain food'. if your brain learns to eat on its own it won't need the rest of you

----------------

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
"you see, son, when two neurons really love each other, one of them will put their axon next to the other's dendrite and they'll start sending chemical signals between each other, and that's how thoughts are born! the more these neurons love each other, the stronger those thoughts get. you know how i know i've got a bunch of those love-cells in my head? because they're sending their thoughts out all the time. thoughts like 'it's a good idea to have unprotected sex' or 'i think you should get an abortion'"

HighwireAct fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Sep 22, 2016

Worldshatter

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

"Brain Training" is nowhere near as fun as it sounds and does not in any way guarantee loyalty

FluffieDuckie

SweetKarma posted:

Two Questions:

1.) Why does this subforum exist?

2.) What happened to GBS?

please don't derail this funny thread. there's a stickied gbs thread. please use it

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Macnult

bacalou posted:

take care not to get a song 'stuck' in your head. there is on average only a 3.5 mm gap between the skull and the brain and thats barely enough room to fit a jingle.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i use 3.5mm headphone jacks and thats enough space to hear my music

Worldshatter

Describing someone as a "brain box" is actually a highly offensive reference to an early Soviet computer program involving using boxed brains to perform calculations

bacalou

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i use 3.5mm headphone jacks and thats enough space to hear my music

yes but that is a 3.5mm pipe that feeds music directly to your brain through the speakers. imagine the entire song trying to fit in the pipe at the same time and you can see why having a song stuck in your head is dangerous. this is why jingles get in your head so easily. they are designed to fit perfectly in the 3.5mm zone of music that surrounds your brain.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

bacalou posted:

the medulla oblongata is an important part of the brain that lets you identify squished-sphere style medullas. surprisingly only cool people are born with medulla cubeatas, which let them identify squares such as yourself.

Solid own.

----------------

Commie NedFlanders

i took several brain classes when i was at university and basically it comes down to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfC4u5GCy3I

frankly i think the truth is somewhere in the middle

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Fuck da Mods

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
the brain farts out ideas and ur body sucks them all up like assholes

----------------

Commie NedFlanders

my brain secretes ideas they are very thick and juicy

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

i've recently befriended a very chill neuroscientist thanks to periscope / twitter, i will try to pass some of these questions along

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

poverty goat

social vegan

the wind comes in thru the ear and the faint whistles and echoes it makes as it cruises your folds make the sounds that come out your mouth (they actually come out your nose but you gotta get real close to someone to hear the difference)

Commie NedFlanders

my brain is as smooth as hard boiled egg and three times as massive

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Worldshatter

mind over matter is not a valid mathematical equation and will get you laughed at by a physics professor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders

Worldshatter posted:

mind over matter is not a valid mathematical equation and will get you laughed at by a physics professor

no matter

or should i say

never mind?

:cawg: :eng101:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

• Locked thread