Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Maggie stuff was great, but the Krusty story kind of fell flat once he got all Christian.

greatn posted:

The Milhouse "as Mazda teaches us" joke made me laugh really hard.

Yea, that was pretty good, also liked him drunk at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Pork & Burns

When Marge becomes obsessed with a Japanese style of living, the Simpsons must part with any item that no longer brings them joy. For Homer, this means finding a new home for the family pig. For Lisa, it means saying goodbye to her beloved sax.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That short description is terrible in like four different ways.
Why would Marge suddenly obsess over a "Japanese style of living"? Throwing out stuff you don't use anymore is hardly something unique to Japan. Why do they need a plot about getting rid of a pig which hasn't really shown up for years. Why is Lisas "beloved saxophone" suddenly something which doesn't bring any joy anymore?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

cant cook creole bream posted:

That short description is terrible in like four different ways.
Why would Marge suddenly obsess over a "Japanese style of living"? Throwing out stuff you don't use anymore is hardly something unique to Japan. Why do they need a plot about getting rid of a pig which hasn't really shown up for years. Why is Lisas "beloved saxophone" suddenly something which doesn't bring any joy anymore?

After 600+ episodes, they're just throwing poo poo against the wall and seeing what sticks.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
To be fair there was a bit of a craze about a Japanese author/lifestyle person who promoted this system a year or so ago.

To be also fair it wasn't a very good craze.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I haven't watched a single episode past season twenty-something but I just caught Barthood and man, I really love "future" episodes and this was no exception. If they just straight up switched to 10 years down the road I might start watching this dumb show again.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
This is an odd episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Bill O'Reilly's Killing Hannity.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"You know what's not giving me joy is that Japanese book."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They still had spiderpig? And it's a therapy animal?

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

The Mayo Clinic ER opening credit sequence was awesome.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The Great Phatsby :siren: ONE HOUR EPISODE :siren:

Mr. Burns tries to relive his glory days, and crosses paths with a mysterious music mogul. Lisa is courted by the richest kid in town. Smithers begins a perilous journey and Marge opens an obscure boutique store.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Cripes, another Burns-centric episode this season.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

This has trainwreck written all over it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Football delay coming in.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The goose is the best part.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
This feels like one of those celebrity stunt episodes that Family Guy might do, but honestly I find it entertaining.

Smithers' D plot wouldn't work at all with a half hour.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It does benefit from the extra time.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Dr. Dre's Without Borders

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Bear swinging off the tree and knocking the moose into Smithers was my favorite thing.

Though Millhouse being a secret expert in hip hop was great.

Rza looked like he was wearing an N7 jacket.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 16, 2017

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Ebenezer Burns-
The ghosts taught me NOTHING :doom:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I need that 'Monty Burns as Scarface' picture in my life.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Fatzcarraldo | 8:00 PM on FOX, 30 min 2017 TV-PG
Fast-food restaurants in Springfield turn healthy, leaving Homer to turn to a greasy spoon for comfort (food), and childhood memories come flooding back. Meanwhile, Lisa scrambles for a special news story in order to save the school radio station.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
This was a pretty weird episode, but I've been in a nostalgic but melancholy mood lately, so the premise of Homer rediscovering a sad but bittersweet moment of his childhood kind of hits nerve with me right now.

Milhouse being in the "Left, Right, and Center" cutaway was kind weird, because it seemed like it was framed as happening in the present instead of a flashback, but Milhouse was in both scenes.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The Cad and the Hat

Bart's betrayal of Lisa leaves him having to deal with the guilt. Meanwhile, Homer proves to be a chess savant, leaving the Springfield citizenry in awe.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

With Special Guest Star Patton Oswalt returning as Bart's guilt

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This chess subplot is weird. But I do love Patton Oswalt.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Yikes. They really needed the extra forty seconds that sad excuse for a framing device gave them, huh? I know they're six hundred episodes in, but it isn't that difficult to figure out what's funny and what isn't. More of Moe's broadcasting Homer and Abe's chess match over the Super Bowl. More of Bart actually trying to start a relationship with Maggie over raisins. Anything but more BORT references.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Inkspot posted:

Anything but more BORT references.

Are you talking to me?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Is Bart Simpson queer?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Are you talking to me?

No, my son is also named Bort.

I really enjoyed that, the Chess thing felt almost like a rehash of last week with the Chili Dogs, but the Bart/Lisa plot was pretty good.

As I live near the beach and go jogging when it's not winter along it, in summer i always pass the beach volleyball games and yea, they are basically the boobs vs the butts.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Inkspot posted:

Yikes. They really needed the extra forty seconds that sad excuse for a framing device gave them, huh?

Yeah I'd love to know why they thought that was a good idea. It brought nothing to the table.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Kamp Krustier

A traumatic incident at Kamp Krustier sends Bart and Lisa home early, where they are responsible for some parentes interruptus. So, wiithout the distraction of sex, Homer turns into a more productive worker and caring husband, but Marge longs for the old Homer. Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa head back to camp to face the source of their trauma.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Mister Kingdom posted:

Kamp Krustier

A traumatic incident at Kamp Krustier sends Bart and Lisa home early, where they are responsible for some parentes interruptus. So, wiithout the distraction of sex, Homer turns into a more productive worker and caring husband, but Marge longs for the old Homer. Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa head back to camp to face the source of their trauma.

Simpsons did it!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
So this whole episode took place in season 4?

Anyway, I liked it.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

You would think someone might have gone back and watched Kamp Krusty for reference before they wrote a sequel to it, but no.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I read it as a "broad strokes" sequel. I didn't have a problem with continuity.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that was really quite good. Both the A and B stories worked.

I have not watched Masters of Sex but that was Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplin?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

J-Spot posted:

You would think someone might have gone back and watched Kamp Krusty for reference before they wrote a sequel to it, but no.

The guy who wrote Kamp Krusty wrote this one, which makes it all weirder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The kids arrived back in Springfield in a red bus driven by Krusty which was pretty much identical to the red bus he used to drive them to Tijuana in the original Kamp Krusty episode back in 1992 so that was a good bit of continuity.

Also the original episode is hilariously dated by contemporary references. At one point the media ask Krusty if he's "just good friends" with Princess Di. :v:

• Locked thread