Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol how do these people function irl just .....

like how hosed up is your life that you're honestly sitting there needing input from the internet on whether or not it is normal for your SO to lock you in the bathroom until you do what they want

e: fuckin cheap rear end houses

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I see that interpretation but at the same time if it was that lighthearted would she be on Reddit asking about it? Mebbe I guess.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Communication is important and if she isn't making it clear she isn't having fun or whatever then I see some leeway but tbqh if you need to be told that locking someone in a room even as a joke and then hauling them back in and throwing them in the gross rear end water filled tub when they try to escape isn't appropriate behavior you're probably a loving nitwit to begin with.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I'm kind of agog at the idea of two people in their 30s bringing a point-by-point list of "reasons we don't like your daughter" to someone.

I read the comments of that a bit and the new sister-in-law sounds like a psycho who is trying to isolate her husband from his family

Dial-a-Dog posted:

It's weird to me that her mom "stormed in ... furious" with that ridiculous list when like half of it is poo poo she would already know isn't true, like what the gently caress mom?surprise

and yeah I had that thought too

way to be a good parent lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what in the gently caress is wrong with people

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't believe 'black out drunk' is real in that way. I mean look I fully believe you can't remember poo poo the next day because you were just so wasted (although tbh, even then... gently caress you rear end in a top hat you remember that!) but uh idc how drunk I am it's not gonna change my core personality to the point that now I'm trying to rape my friends.

People use that as a way to excuse so much lovely behavior and it is really irritating to me.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

scrubs season six posted:

Yeah, that makes sense.

e: I still wanna know how she put on the texture though.

she prolly sat there with the paint and a tiny sponge trying to make it 'juuuust right' so that maybe this time the bf wouldn't scream at her for the slightest imperfection

tbh if someone responded like that to me after I tried to fix some poo poo I'd probably kick a new hole in the drywall and go 'you fix it then rear end in a top hat' but perhaps that would only escalate the situation

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

It's a real thing. It's very possible he had no idea what he was doing. It's also possible he was very aware of what he was doing.

Yeeaaaaaah idk man. Even still if I was 100% on autopilot no idea what I'm doing I don't think I'd do something like that. I ain't no medical doctor so you might be right re the blackout drunk being a real thing where people have no control over themselves anymore but still it seems hella like an excuse to me in 95% of situations.

WampaLord posted:

If he was a good person, you'd thing he'd be more upset with himself and seeking therapy or something, not acting like it was a drunken party foul.

Yeah for real idk. It's like he expected just a 'lol OOPS SORRY' and that'd be that.

Leon Einstein posted:

It's a lovely situation, but why would therapy help someone who did something while they were blacked out and had no memory of it? Would you suggest potty training to a drunk idiot that pissed in a closet?

Incontinence while super drunk is not quite the same as repeatedly attempting to sexually assault someone though fam.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm not talking incontinence; I'm talking about people who pissed in closets because they literally thought they were in the bathroom. I guess I'm just more used to seeing extreme drinking here in Wisconsin.

I guess but tbh I'd still think it was some bullshit and they were just too drunk and couldn't make it to the actual bathroom.

I mean okay if he thought it was HIS gf like was suggested that's a LITTLE better I guess but even so she clearly said 'stop' a few times and then finally woke up to him fingering her and fumbling at her bra. That's not confusion or a misunderstanding really, that's just "I don't care I wanna get my nut off" on his part.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

scrubs season six posted:

e: the other issue here is they hadn't been drinking for like 3 hours. The guy had started sobering up.

Hell yeah that's a really good point that didn't even occur to me.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Extradition: How Likely is extradition from EU to USA for darknet vendor...

lol that guy is so hosed

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like he dodged a massive drama bullet to me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i don't have any sex tapes with my exes but I do have some old nudes and I'll be damned if I'm getting rid of them

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

I've had both but out of respect for their privacy I delete them when the relationship ends, I thought this was pretty normal. It's not like i've scrubbed all social media of my ex's I just get rid of stuff I feel like I shouldn't have when I'm not currently dating them.

It probably varies from person to person. I'm never ever going to post them on the internet anywhere so I feel like who cares really. I guess I should just delete them as I don't even j/o to them and they're just on the drive doing nothing but idk man I'd still rather not. It's not like they're some hardcore risque photos (some topless photos basically) it's just some memories of the past.

Also browsing through that subreddit makes me really angry at all the lovely parents.

e: if an ex were to ask me if I still have them I'd say yes and if she asks me to delete them I would, just fwiw. Has happened before.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 16, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i hate spiders but my roommate some years ago had one and i just dealt with it because i'm not a crazy person. I can understand if he doesn't want it in the kitchen I guess but drat bro is being a beezy.

at the least he could offer to set up some kind of heat tent enclosure thing for it if he insists it be in the basement, at the moment it just sounds like "idc if it dies i want it away from here" which is dumb

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bonzo posted:

I [16f] Told On These Girls [16f] for Smoking Weed, Now They're Bullying Me

Being a Narc is universally not cool. She should know this.

Yeah for real lol maybe if you're shy and not fully aware of the social customs you shouldn't immediately go rat on people. I feel bad for her because she's in a lovely situation I'm sure but still dude c'mon.

also she's not even getting bullied they were just like 'wtf man why'd you tell on us?'

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
she could prolly find someone else to take care of it but that dude is being a douchebag and gently caress him anyway

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when i was in college and the weed bill was starting to ramp up i just started getting ounces and selling half

so there you go your advice is 'sell drugs' :)

Mirthless posted:

It's absolutely goddamn incredible to me that so many drugs are illegal but there's a liquor store within 10 miles of just about everybody in America.

for real tho

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 16, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Universe Master posted:

We tried making it illegal.

It didn't go so well.

not really going so well for the other stuff either but hey

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'd have a bigger issue with someone being taken so completely by the con artist that is Donald Trump versus just them doing a 'gently caress the Dems' vote or something. Like at least be aware Trump is the molotov cocktail vote ffs how do you actually believe in his non-existent platform?

he's gonna build a magic wall and somehow that will eliminate the massive demand the service/agra industries have for cheap labor

the art of the deal

e:
also it's p obvious that the girl is only dating him because he's "dangerous" and a "thrill" and gonna piss off the conservative family

quote:

She's was in the debate club in high school and college, was very much into campus politics, and has a major in political science, so you could definitely say politics is her passion.

how has the education system failed her so much that she buys the Donald hook line and sinker then lmao

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 16, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's normal to disagree and whatever with your partner; I think the place most issues arise from is when there is a lack of adult communication and one side is just unreasonable (tarantula dude) or unwilling to listen to the other side of things. If my SO came at me screaming about a sex tape they found on my drive, I'm immediately going to dig my heels in and get into defense mode. If they brought it up and we discussed it like adults, I might very well decide 'hey I'd rather my current SO be happy than to keep these old rear end vids/pics.' Partially because I'd want to keep the latter person around more versus the person who comes at me screaming their head off.

Pick posted:

The best thing about this thread is the arguing. It's interesting.

I def like that we can put forth our differing opinions on various things without turning it into a poo poo slinging thread.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
every 10-15 minutes if you have nothing to say beyond 'hey still having a good day?' is pretty drat annoying

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I'm gonna play devil's advocate but if dude doesn't want a big rear end spider in his house he has a phobia for, he can tell it and the spider lover to gtfo

right but why would he move in with the girl in the first place then if it was such a dealbreaker? She said she had the thing since before she was dating him.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean I could see how it being in the kitchen would be a little much and he'd wanna say something about it but if she goes "it'll literally die anywhere else in the house right now" and his response is "I don't care" and she then has to explain basic ethical poo poo to him, he's a doucher.

Like at least try to find a compromise somehow surely other people in the world have figured out how to keep their Tarantula warm in colder environments. It seems like the real issue is the way he responded/communicated with her.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

My [32F] live in boyfriend [33M] of 3 years, attempted to catch me masturbating

jfc

"let me secretly videotape my girlfriend. why no, I see no issue with this at all???"

maybe i'm really sensitive about my privacy or whatever but that would be an immediate break up right then and there

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

And he knows she has hangups about masturbating! It's like he's trying to give her a complex.

This pissed me off too like gently caress bro what are you trying to do here exactly???

uggghhh these stories grind my gears the most

lovely terrible instructor just straight awful. lovely parent, too, which is worse bc the girl is stuck with her for life.

quote:

My sister didn't like it, she said he left a bruise one time when he got angry and hit her too hard.

like gently caress dude that isn't teaching martial arts to kids that's being abusive to kids

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 16, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ sophomore in college? break up dumbo

quote:

I want to avoid breaking the law. I follow the law to the letter- no alcohol while driving, no speeding, no drugs, no pirating media. This annoys the gently caress out of him. He seems to think that you can't have fun while obeying the law. I've told him that he's welcome to do whatever- but that he shouldn't make me a party to it.

fuckin Judge Dredd over here

not that the BF sounds that cool either but drat lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
She's probably just trying to validate her status as good wife material. Idk I see where she's coming from but at the same time to me it sounds like he was having fun and now wants to settle down.

Although the sending nudes 8 months into your relationship ain't a good look; if he was encouraging that she's got some infidelity issues on her hands. Ofc they might have been unsolicited so idk need more info to really comment on that.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5obmfi/my_son_4_months_was_named_after_my_brotherinlaw/

TL;DR: My younger sister [30F] is very annoyed that I don't refer to my son by his first name (also the name of her husband). I instead refer to him by his middle name. She thinks that I am being disrespectful by doing so.

Like where do these people come from. If that was my sister I'd tell her she was being stupid as gently caress and to stfu bc I can call my kid whatever I drat well please and to try and police that is disrespect on her part. Period.

Probably a bit more diplomatically but that'd be the gist of it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's literally a "he says he likes me but in the past he always dated Goth girls and I'm not Goth oh god does he really like me or is he gonna leave me for a Goth girl?" situation.

Mirthless posted:

it's... a little weird to name your kid after your brother out of respect and then use their middle name to refer to them, like, why not just make your brother's name the middle name?

i mean absolutely you're right but at the same time lol it's gotta feel pretty lovely to hear somebody named their kid after you but then that's not really their name

it's just a bruised ego and it's not like the name isn't going to be on every piece of official documentation he has forever unless he gets his name legally changed and he's probably not going to care that much

I mean yeah but it is really their name, and the parent is just using a nickname to refer to them. Like what if his first name was Jeremiah after the sister's husband but every day the kid was just called 'Jimmy' for short? It's the same thing really.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 16, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'd respond to his financial manipulation stuff by telling him I'll hire who I drat well please and listen to the music I drat well want to listen to and if he has a problem with that I have 0 problem canceling the wedding and letting everyone know the reason why.

I don't respond well to bullying myself so I typically go for the "scorched earth" approach :v:

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I mean yeah that's lovely but if he's paying for it what can you do

It's manipulation. The parents are giving a gift: paying for the wedding. That doesn't now mean they get to decide how it is put on, unless they are some bullying assholes.

It def doesn't mean you get to tell your daughter what music she can or can't dance to at her wedding in 2017. Sounds like their money has been used as a manipulative tool for a long time if she's even considering bending to this bullshit.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 17, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron posted:

You're not wrong but again what can she do other than call off the wedding

Depends on how bad she wants to strain her relationship. If it were me I'd rather just call it off because I don't want to be thinking all about how I compromised my principles on my wedding day. Doesn't necessarily have to be a court house wedding, you can still have a decent ceremony with close friends and family for cheap. The whole concept of an expensive wedding is some bullshit anyway honestly.

Alternatively she can just hire who she wants and lie to the dad about it and let him have a meltdown the day of. What's he gonna do, have a freak out in the middle of the reception because the DJ put a rap song on? He's gonna be the one looking like a lunatic.

It's unreasonable to ask her to screen literally every employee anyway; if she hires a caterer she's gotta then make sure every single person on staff is white? Pff.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Or alternatively she could go 'fine YOU plan it then' and watch him fold once she dumps like 10 folders full of slightly different color flower arrangement options on his desk.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also the whole insect/spider thing

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't understand why it's wank fiction just because a girl is enjoying some loving in it?

I guess she does go into a bit of needless detail about where the jizz ended up.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Weddings are insanely expensive, I had a friend who had a $15,000 wedding (as in, I know specifically because she was discussing this with me) that ultimately felt really bare-bones and kind of crummy. Frankly I'd have gone Full lovely (like "in a park and each person brings a plush frog and nothing else") or gone up to like $30,000 for exactly what I wanted (lots of frogs).

See but I feel like that's because she told people she was planning a wedding; like if you're hiring a photographer and you go "I need you to just take some photos of this party" it'll be like a few hundred bucks but you say "I need you to take some photos of this wedding reception" to the exact same person and it'll be like a couple thousand.

Like bros no way does it cost $15,000 to throw a good party sorry but it doesn't. Not unless you're inviting way more people than you really need to be.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

54 40 or gently caress posted:

It doesn't have to cost that much but don't act like any jack off with a point and shoot is going to produce the same quality as a professional photographer. Those packages also usually include prints, photo discs, some photographers stay the entire night and day. You get what you pay for. There is a reason caterers, bakers, video/photographers are expensive.

I don't think I did say any jack off with a camera will do the job, I simply said as soon as people know you're doing a wedding they mark the costs up on you for no good reason. Also those package deal things are a rip off 95% of the time. You can get your own prints made at just as high a quality at a professional shop for a fraction of the price once they give you the photos/negatives/rolls.

Sorry but a party for say ~50ish people doesn't have to be $15k+ for it to be a great time.

Usually a large part of that cost is the venue too so if you can restrain yourself from booking it at a fancy hotel/resort you're already saving tons of cash.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 17, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
More likely it's a "pay me for head shots also if you gently caress me your odds are better" type deal but I might be being naive I guess.

Tiny Deer posted:

'I felt so wonderful and so slutty' is lifted verbatim from bad porn. That doesn't mean a woman didn't write it but I'm pretty sure it means it didn't happen.

I've heard women saying that before though. Women can enjoy loving you know. The fact that is was super explicit is a better argument imo 'cuz there's not any reason to go into that much detail when asking for Reddit advice.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well like I said, I've heard that before from girls who were def not joking around so ymmv I guess.

e: honestly you can find girls saying "i enjoy being a slut" or "i enjoyed feeling slutty" or some variation on that in like 2 seconds with Google so idk what you guys are talking about really

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

just don't talk to men, don't be around them

am a man, can confirm

most of us are not chill or good you don't wanna play those odds ladies