Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

It's that time of the year again!

With GBS returning from the grave, so do we!

The dead are rising. Candy corporations are raising their expected quarterly earnings. Skeletons are pushing golden era Hollywood starlets into trapdoors of water.

Good stuff to post about
  • Skeleton chat
  • Skeleton posts
  • Trumpets
  • Costumes
  • Pumpkins & carving
  • Stuff from old threads
  • Trick/Treating/Candy stuff
  • Calcium
  • Anything really who cares ok? ok. :justpost:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's links to the previous threads:
Halloween 2013
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2011
Halloween 2010
Halloween 2009
Halloween 2008

Doesn't look like we had any decent Halloween threads in '14 or '15.

Phraggah fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

costume chatte:

i'm still deciding what to do for a costume tbh. I might just rip off my skin and expose the skeleton that truly is. Otherwise a bunch of buddies and I were thinking of going as the classic group of booze-related mascots (captain morgan &c) but it sounds lame.

How can I counter the inevitable shitstorm of donald trump and harley quinn costumes, skeleton crew?

luv 2 date boys posted:

heh well I *snk* got a HAHA heh well I got a bone for ya op

noice

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Yesssss, the annual GBS Halloween costume thread. :toot: If anyone is thinking of a particular costume but isn't sure how to go about making it then post questions here and goons will make suggestions.

Here's links to the previous threads:
Halloween 2013
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2011
Halloween 2010
Halloween 2009
Halloween 2008

Doesn't look like we had any decent Halloween threads in '14 or '15.

Thanks! Added to OP

ElGroucho posted:

:hb:

Trying hard to get my kid to dress up as some bloody gore monster and not whatever lame rear end superhero thing is going on right now.

I like dis guy.

Know how far you're going to take the costume? Like, we talking painting some cheap cloth, or molding silicone prosthetics?

I recall last year a bunch of kids had costumes that were insanely custom and detailed. Like, they must really have parents who get way into it, and also have the time/money/skills to make super custom stuff.

Does anyone have any neat neighborhood halloween stuff near them every year? I live in a city neighborhood where people put up haunted houses so big the police comes and closes off the street. Really looking forward to seeing what they manage to come up with this year.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Now we're talking. What did you make that out of? Awesome detail too, did you sculpt it or was it captured in molding?

a bit fleshy though

youareoffthehook posted:

Here's some test shots from a corn maze:

:spooky:

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Polish posted:

My fiance made them. The mask is liquid latex and flour. The face is done in silicone and she casted my face to do it. Still needs hair and that has 17 layers of paint on it. Its kinda weird having like 10 copies of my own face laying around the apartment.

Crazy. Do you guys have much background in sculpting and moulding, or are you sort of picking it up as you go?

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Polish posted:

If anyone has any tips on how to yell and scream for four hours without a headache and vocal chord damage I am all ears. I didnt get my full voice back for 5 months last year.

I have choir friends who have a bunch of tricks for stuff like this: screaming in the same vocal range that you speak in can reduce stress on your vocal chords, avoid rattling your vocal chords when you scream, do actual vocal warm ups if you need to go above your normal range, and try to relax the muscles in your throat.

They mention it may help to think of it less like screaming and more like singing.

The magic solution for their soar throats, all else failing, is a type of tea called Throat Coat. I'm not sure where you get it, but it comes highly recommended.

Phraggah fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 4, 2016

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Gonna sticky this for a day or so to get it more attention.

Thanks. Strong bones and calcium to you.

beato posted:

Is there a pumpkin thread?

Feel free to post pumpkin-related things here. After all, what is a carved pumpkin but a gourd skeleton?

This is A Good Costume. I'd also be interested in hearing how you cut the tofu (that sounds like a euphemism)

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Polish posted:

Masks are done.. we are working tonight so I'll get pictures in full costume.

Doing the eybrows and eyelashes took about 15 hours or so.

It's posts like this that make me feel lazy every Halloween.

Decorations are going up in the neighbourhood. Someone has a projector set up that activates when people trip an infrared trigger on the sidewalk. A bunch of ghosts come flying around his property. It looks like they animated it themselves :captainpop:

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Polish posted:

The only picture that came out good.. I gotta get some while the lights are still on.

Were gonna open up the eyes a little bit because I look like a stoned asian guy. Did get a lot of compliments on the mask and a bunch of scares. Didn't get punched yet!

Dude that's some Hannibal Lecter poo poo. Put on something with a hood and it'd probably be super disturbing.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Welp, here's the first Pussy Grabber costume of the season.

Costume predictions for this season, in order:
1. Harley Quinn
2. Donald trump
3. Harambe

Am I missing anything important?

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Trip report:

Halloween decorations are in full swing throughout the city. Went waking around in other neighborhoods and found some...er...stand outs

And then I found this

Yeah. For context that thing is about the same height as that house's first floor.

More later.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Polish posted:

Ah I forgot.. here are our final costumes right before we scare people.

Been a good year go far.. that throat coat tea has been a godsend.

drat man, that's insane. Where is you're haunted house if you don't mind me asking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

French Canadian posted:

Help Halloween is fast approaching and I'm outta ideas!!!

My wife wants to do a couples costume...

Go to the craft store and get a cheap black shirt, some white fabric paint (should be next to shirts) and a brush. Paint a lovely skeleton on the shirt. You can even go to the next level and paint your face like a skull. Easy for the wife too.

The best part is when the party is over, you can make a joke about boning her.

• Locked thread