Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

fake your death and reinvent yourself across the country with a more manly occupation like cowboy or homeless person begging for change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

I usually just wash my butt and brush my teeth and I'm back to 100%

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Lay in bed until you can be bothered having a wank, then you have to get up to wipe your dick.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Drink a nice cup of coffee, do some stretches, go to the gym, take a shower, call your mom and ask her how it is going, hang up, praise allah, and then rail a fat line of colombian FARC dust

Depending on the order you do these they can be accomplished all in 30 minutes

naem
May 29, 2011

reignofevil posted:

Go take a run OP. I've been doing it every day or so for a month now and I've almost got rid of my shameful dad-bod.

I jog and workout, I'm not like good at either but I'm now very mildly above average in fitness and it feels pretty good not going to lie.

My collection of marvel comic tshirts now look like a wacky ironic attractive person statement because they fit more good-ly

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm going to have to go with the previous posters who said take a shower. For me it is usually take a shower and also eat some solid food - remembering to eat can be a problem for me.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
There is no shame in giving up.

Throw down your crutches and crawl with pride!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm going to have to go with the previous posters who said take a shower. For me it is usually take a shower and also eat some solid food - remembering to eat can be a problem for me.

Another important step is remembering to poop.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

extra stout posted:

I live in the section 8 housing building on West 81st street. My name is extra stout. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a ham sandwich diet and a rigorous gaming routine. In the morning, if my face is a little greasy I'll lay paper towels on it while I browse my Steam game collection. I have a thousand now. After I remove the paper towels I use a generic masturbation lotion. I always use a lotion with little to no alcohol, because alcohol dries your cock out and makes it look even more stubby and cracked. I then insert an herb mint vape juice, which I suck on for 10 minutes while I browse my Steam games. I always play PC games instead of console kiddy poo poo, because PC gaming makes you look older. I play Witcher 3, then Quake II, followed by an hour of Ultima VII. There is an idea of an extra stout, some kind of a Eggman, but there is no real me. Only an e/ntity, something loser-y. And though I can hide my round face, and you can shake my hand and feel sweaty hams gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our game collections are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

I'm posting that gif where Captain America says he gets that reference

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
go on the road

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

go on the road

ok I'm in the middle of the road, what now?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

a bone to pick posted:

ok I'm in the middle of the road, what now?
GET OUT OF THE ROAD UR GONNA GET KILLED!!!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

Another important step is remembering to poop.

I set an alarm on my phone for this.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

GET OUT OF THE ROAD UR GONNA GET KILLED!!!

gently caress! Too late!!
\

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

glowing-fish posted:

We all know this feeling:

You wake up on a day when you don't have to work or go to school. You had good intentions last night of how fun your day off would be. You start with a leisurely day off, make some tea/coffee, eat a snack, and go on the internet to check out what is going on. That's fun.

Uh oh. You look at the clock, and somehow it is 11 AM. You get the feeling that if you don't do something soon, the next time you look at the clock, its going to be 5 PM, and you just spent your entire day in your pajamas boredly clicking between links on the internet. The tipping point is soon. What do you do to switch from being a sweaty, slobby, useless goon and a productive, creative member of society?

Its Noon local time, and I did a simple thing to get my day back on track: I ate a carrot. Eating a food that is not part of the cookie group, made me feel like less of a slob. Then, I "researched" jobs online. This consisted of going to some websites to see if places were hiring. Not super intensive, but it made me feel better than just hitting refresh on 538. Next I am going to go upstairs and do some dishes.

What is your quick turnaround routine to get yourself going when you are starting to feel lazy and slobby?

WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU GOING upstairs TO DO THE DISHES?

THE gently caress IS wrong WITH YOUR HOUSE? EVERYONE KNOWS kitchens GO DOWNSTAIRS

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
hmmm, something smells like dare in here.

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

everyone knows the dishes are in the basement :rolleyes:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Commie NedFlanders posted:

as soon as you wake up go outside and do some yoga, i recommend a sun salutation, then sit for 30 minutes of mindfulness meditation. afterwards you are like this:

In the future even our meditation will be fluid

Blue Raider posted:

this post was way too much trouble but hell, i appreciate it

I appreciate you, and I refuse (alex jones yelling voice) I REFUSE to de-goonify myself and lose association with my comrades

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
>inventory

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
stay in bed and let the tears flow

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Mg4 posted:

WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU GOING upstairs TO DO THE DISHES?

THE gently caress IS wrong WITH YOUR HOUSE? EVERYONE KNOWS kitchens GO DOWNSTAIRS

Simple answer: I don't live in the US

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

there is no way to de-goonify yourself. when you are sitting in a shirt you've been wearing for 3 days in front of the computer, and there's mustard stains on the shirt, and you have to poop but you really don't feel like getting up, this is an impossible situation to undo. i mean obviously if you are eating a cold hot dog off of a piece of cheap white bread, and you're standing in a puddle in your kitchen with like pieces of food and dead bugs in it, and your garbage can is overflowing next to you, if you've gotten yourself into this situation, then you're the type of person that will never get yourself out.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Post a new topic with one of them tags only the mods are allowed to use. 30 minutes or less guaranteed.

*shakes head*
fuckin scrublords

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

It's so easy to not be a goon with these simple steps, that any nerd can do

Step 1. Take a dang shower dummy
Step 2. Cut your hair, dingus!
Step 3. Get some plastic surgery ya ugly bastard
STep 4. Years of expensive therapy and drugs to make you tolerable but not particularly likable

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

De-goonify yourself and face the shitpost

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Disengoonification is a very painful and personal experience

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
getting raped by a giant mallard stopped me from visiting this forum for several weeks

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

glowing-fish posted:

Simple answer: I don't live in the US

having the kitchen on the bottom floor is pretty universal

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
Real observation:

Here in the brave world of GBS 3, I was posting this topic to have a light-hearted, but serious look at the ways we motivate ourselves to accomplish more.

A lot of the responses seemed to be about "haha, pizza boxes, mom's basement, never shower, lol". Am I the only one who thinks those jokes are no longer funny?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

glowing-fish posted:

Real observation:

Here in the brave world of GBS 3, I was posting this topic to have a light-hearted, but serious look at the ways we motivate ourselves to accomplish more.

A lot of the responses seemed to be about "haha, pizza boxes, mom's basement, never shower, lol". Am I the only one who thinks those jokes are no longer funny?

YOU ARE the FUNNY ONE ATTIC-KITCHEN man

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

glowing-fish posted:

Real observation:

No, but it's imprudent to throw out old jokes when you still haven't bought new ones to replace them.

Basch lives!
May 31, 2011
Grimy Drawer
Dinosaur Gum
Talk and joke around with the wife. It isn't very orthodox-goon to have one of those, but it breaks me out from being a slobby piece of poo poo.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

glowing-fish posted:

Real observation:

*Karl Urban monotone*

Admirable.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

whats up dare

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Mg4 posted:

YOU ARE the FUNNY ONE ATTIC-KITCHEN man

I live in a "duplex" (a two story apartment building). The kitchen is on the second floor, with the salon. Its very small, because when this house was built, most people had servants, and they never used the kitchen themselves. There is even a room to the side of the kitchen where the maid/cook would have lived. The entire two stories are on the fourth floor of the building. Well, the fourth and fifth floor.

I have no idea why any of this works.

Thank you for turning this thread of happy life improvement tips into a thread about the sociological implications of South American architecture.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

glowing-fish posted:

Thank you for turning this thread of happy life improvement tips into a thread about the sociological implications of South American architecture.

this, but unironically

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The only way I can improve myself is by improving the world. *kills self*

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i scoot my body around on the carpet like a slug to clean myself and then crawl into a sleeping bag until i have to take a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

glowing-fish posted:

sorry for calling you autistic, it turns out you can take the boi out of gbs but you can't take gbs out cha' boi *bong rips sound fx* also

MiracleWhale posted:

this, but unironically

• Locked thread