Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Lieutenant Ikasuhito of 1st Platoon A Company reporting for duty Sir! I look forward to rolling those Rus bastards right back over the border!

The signup sheet looks to be view only.

JosefStalinator posted:

Are we organizing with a d20, or some other big map that we can all refer to for reference? It was pretty helpful in the WW1 sim, but I don't know what the usual deal is for Combat Mission games.

I imagine so. Its how we did it in the two CM games ive played so far.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Sep 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

pthighs posted:

Also, I'm getting a not authorized on the Roll20 link.

Same here. This is clearly American targeted exclusion and it must cease! If we are to survive we must work together.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yeah it looks like American is the clear choice.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Orders up for A Company 1st Platoon.

1) Strikers should Fast move along yellow line shown.

2) All Footmen will deploy and should Quick move into Fist Forest as shown by blue line.

1st squad and one of the MG teams should deploy on the Red X.
2nd squad should deploy on the Yellow X.
3rd squad and second MG should deploy on the White X.
All other personnel should deploy on the Blue X.

This should do for now. I may edit it some later.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

the JJ posted:

Actually that's a good question can someone with the game give me an idea of how well the Strykers can off road?

Like herding cats through muck, uncooperative and painfully slow. They keep trying to do their own thing and im not 100% certain what they would do if we tried to get a bunch of them through there.

Also if everyone could stop making maps that look way better than mine id appreciate it.:v:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I would mostly worry about pthighs since hes the most forward and the most likely to take any Rus movement into the are head on. Sadly its the best we are likely to do without any confrontation in that area instantly turning into a knife fight.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yes don't worry any about us. You take care of what you need to.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Huh. Adding this to the list of things I didn't know I was missing from my life.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well at the current rate It should take my guys another six or so minutes before the even deploy. So that should make giving order to them easy for a while.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Just a reminder, even if you aren't changing your orders you should still post some so we know your here.

Orders for A Company 1st Platoon.

Move drat you!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Meanwhile on Roll20

:ohdear:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Whelp, if anyone wants a sum up of the turn I think The Oldest Man put it best.

The Oldest Man posted:

1co is basically hosed

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

pthighs posted:

If anyone else has the game and can open the save, please let us know.

I do and I can.

Edit. The damned save files are six times the size as the ones from Grey's game.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Third verse, same as the first.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ikasuhito posted:

Third Fourth verse, same as the first.

We're almost there men!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well my first question would be what happens if they come down through Vodka Grove? I dont think we have anyone watching that area and they could roll right through Fist Forest before we new what hit us.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I just remembered dont we still have drones? When might be a good time to use those?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

A Company 1st Platoon Orders

1st squad's Stryker fast move to Blue X. Crew should grab Javelins and quick move to Blue line.
2nd squad's Stryker fast move to Red X. Crew should grab Javelins and quick move to Red line. One MG team should join them
3rd squad's Stryker fast move to Yellow X. Crew should grab Javelins and quick move to Yellow line. Other MG team should join them
HQ's Stryker fast move to White X.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 20, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

:stonklol: So yeah, armor in the Field of dreams. That was a close one.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Overwatch may be a problem for my guys. Much of that treeline is in a ditch and I will need to shift my guys right in order to get to higher ground or send one of my squads forward out of the treeline.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Lazy rear end MG teams, I said move!

MG A team should quick move to third squad and deploy.

MG B team should quick move to second squad and deploy.

Otherwise continue as previously ordered.

May make some changes later.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 23, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hey could someone link my orders to the sheet? I can't do it from were I am.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

First official kills for team america! :patriot: And yeah it looks like we spooked the Russians, so lucky us.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I'd wait until we get a couple of guys up to the woodline before we send up our tanks. And I would absolutely avoid sending our heavy armor into any of those woods in this weather.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

pthighs posted:

Continue previous orders. 1st Platoon, feel free to cross to the North side of the road once you feel its clear (you can always send a scout team first).

A fine idea

Scout team should quick move along the yellow line to the edge of the treeline and then hunt the rest of the way to the middle.

Everyone else catch your breath.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The Oldest Man posted:

No one else is moving to cut them off from that position they were just holding that allows them to shoot into the crossroads. If someone with infantry would like to put in some move orders, I'll change mine.

As has been mentioned you are actually in a really good spot to poo poo on anything that tries to retake the position they were just in. If you're really worried about it thought I would suggest you actually back a few of your tanks up a few meters so they are on higher ground. From there you should pretty much be guaranteed to slaughter them, and with little danger to ourselves.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Second squad should quick move to the far side of ASR Tinker but NOT enter the forest.

Recon should slow move to the edge of the forest.

All Strykers should turn about so they have their backs to the woods.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

This all got heated surprisingly fast.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Second squad(Red X) move half way to the reacon teams position and then slow move up to a position just behind them.
First squad (Blue X) and MG B team should quick move to the forest edge and slow move to the far edge.
Third squad will hold and provide cover for this turn.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Video is black for the first minute.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Clearly our orders for this turn were so grand that we achieved an indescribable perfection that would shatter our minds to even gaze upon it. Like staring into the face of God. GI has done us a favor.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Im planning to move my third squad up this turn so that should help a little. I was also thinking of moving one or more of my BTRs up so they can look down that road.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Third squad Should quick move to the forest edge and then Hunt along the purple line.
3rd Inf Stryker should move to the red dot.
All other units should continue previous orders.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

HIT: Wheels

And that contact down in the corner doesn't bode well.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Huh. Well dtkozl sorry to do this to you but do to recent events A Company is going to have to turn on you now.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Just realized that my FoB never moved up and thought B team was them.

FoB and B team quick move to 1st squad.
3rd Squad Keep hunting to point shown.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well at least we know where their AA is now.:v:

pthighs concering that one Russian down in Fist Forest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aARaYjgm_rA#t=00m49s

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 11, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

pthighs posted:

So was that AA Iglas? If so, good, they can't hit our drone.

We may want to cancel our second chopper, move our drone to spot the AA, and call in artillery. It will take a minute or two to move and another few minutes to call in the arty.

:getin:

Yes to moving the drone closer to the action and maybe yes to the artillery. But I would suggest against stopping the second chopper. Simply put I think it would likely be a wasted effort since if the Rus players have a brain in their heads they will move that AA asap now that they've revealed to the world where they are. It's highly likely we will get into a losing game of wack-a-mole and get into the dangerous mindset of "we can't use it, we might lose it :".

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The Oldest Man posted:

My T64 shouldn't be on the road though, is the point I was making. Is it routed off of it and just pathing there?

It isn't. The road goes through that patch of woods, your tank is in the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

God, this thing does not want to save in any quality that is not rear end.

All combat squads quick move as shown and hunt into final positions
MG B team should move along with 3rd squad.
FOB team should move as shown, so we can try to get a better look at that treeline.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 14, 2016

• Locked thread