Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted:

Ketchup is actually different to tomato sauce here, its generally tomato sauce, not ketchup used (I'm not sure of the difference, only seen it on supermarket shelves).

Yeah they're definitely different here, made differently with quite different tastes.

Also refer all your Australia related questions to us, we love answering questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/oct/03/jobs-scheme-doing-more-harm-than-good-in-indigenous-communities

Because of course.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Serrath posted:

I'm Canadian and I've lived in Australia for 8 years now. I can tell you that whatever compass/spectrum of political ideology you use that puts only one Canadian party to the left would comfortable put both major Australian parties far far to the right.

I assure you, the concept of left/right has a very different demarcating line between them in Australia than Canada.

Based on policy I'd call greens left, with labour centrist with NXT just to the right of that and the libs being hard right.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Western Civilisation is being a sexist imperialist and eating raw onions apparently.

Makes sense I guess.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"An organisation founded by the Australian Christian Lobby plans to bankroll legal cases for business owners who refuse to provide services to gay couples should marriage equality be legalised.

The Human Rights Law Alliance, set up in Canberra last month with seed funding from the ACL, is seeking private contributions for a “fighting fund” to run cases that may arise if changes to the Marriage Act are passed."

"The resources minister, Matt Canavan, says the abuse of Australia’s legal system by green groups seeking to delay mining projects warrants a “fundamental” review of environmental law.

Canavan on Wednesday used a Queensland Media Club luncheon speech to take aim at activists who harbour an anti-development ideology."

"The head of ANZ has admitted that some of the bank’s customers have not been advised that their financial advisers have been banned by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission."

Today's news...

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Oh cool I matched with police. Time to send dick pics.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Can someone explain this in not legal terms?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
^^ Urgh, well, good job Labor.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Eric Abetz has put me off men forever.

I know it's done to death but username/post combo.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

wow.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

Well, the NBN has the word National in it so I can only assume Pauline was attracted to it like a big racist fly.

"Broad...band?"

"No, no, no, Single band!"

Broads banned FROM FAMILY COURT!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
:ghost: Ghost Family Values :ghost:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I'm impressed that Tony Abbott has no loving idea what conservatism is.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
:qq:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...-left-and-right
:qq::qq::qq:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
How dare millennials eat in this economy we ruined.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

When all the boomers die in like 20 years.

Why did we improve aged care so much?!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Pick which one gets you more stuff.

Can I be a boomer too in that case?

Oh wait I already missed free education, healthcare and cheap housing.

poo poo.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Q: Could you perhaps explain to people who don’t own guns why one would need a shotgun that can carry 10 bullets instead of five? What is the practical purpose?

A: I am a libertarian and I don’t answer questions like that. My response to that is, why shouldn’t they have a shotgun that carries more than five rounds?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

open24hours posted:

I'm amazed they don't just amend the law so that lever actions are treated the same way as pump actions. Labor would presumably support it and gun rights aren't a vote winner in this country anyway.

Because they desperately need crossbench support in order to execute the poor their policies.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Mr Chips posted:

A parliament full of dogmatic fundamentalists unwilling to negotiate or make utilitarian compromises probably wouldn't function very well.

but enough about the Liberal Party.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Does anyone have a copy of that Jamie Briggs comic which was "A politican falls over an unbelievably low bar".

I need it for my archive.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Ham and Cheese Toasty - Not Guilty

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
First Dog: "I have three words for you" *writes 4 words*

At least he plays to form.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Nibbles! posted:

Tatjana's head would spin if she knew I parked in the parents with prams spot whilst childless.

I think it only counts if you're muslim.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Clawtopsy posted:

Rentals are hilarious. After it having been brought up by my agent that volunteering to repaint my unit would be really helpful to my relationship with both agency and landlord, plus positive future referrals, they jacked up my rent because the property value rose once I repainted the bad rooms. :v:

I'm such a loving rube.

The same thing happened to some friends of mine when the did a heap of working fixing up the garden and yard.

Kill all rentseekers IMO.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Birdstrike posted:

shamelessly stolen from fb

Meat Miracle posted:

worker leaner and parasite job creator.

This is excellent.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Skellybones posted:

Dick Gross edged

Dick Gross looks like a man who'd be named Dick Gross.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
but you just know the ALP right would ally with the LNP left and neoliberalism us all to death.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
A senior Victorian minister his come under fire for using his parliamentary car to chauffeur his pet dogs to his holiday house in the countryside.

The corrections minister, Steve Herbert, had his driver transport the dogs – named Ted and Patch – in his parliamentary car from Melbourne to the house in Trentham, 97km north-west of Melbourne. Herbert was not in the car while the Jack Russell terriers were transported.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

My friend and colleague Bill Leak is to be summoned before the Human Rights Commission and made to answer for a cartoon depicting a drunken Aboriginal father who can’t remember the name of his delinquent son.

Leak, I hope, will get off - but not before he’s hauled through the wringer and made to answer charges that he’s a cold-blooded racist.

And for what? The idea at the heart of Leak’s cartoon - that parental neglect is a major problem within Aboriginal communities - is settled ground. Yet instead of debating its causes and possible solutions - a process that might actually yield some good - we are distracted by a foolish argument about whether Leak should have raised it at all.

The old using racism to defend racism argument. *kisses fingers* A classic!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
He's not a racist, he's a racist, you see? Totally different.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ungulateman posted:

watching anime is not a trap

caring about bill day's anime interests is the real trap

checkmate, animetheists

trap trap-sprung sprung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Lol of course Bob Day is lining his own pockets. The member for the Family and Morals party.

• Locked thread