Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Ixnay on the Omelet posted:

Let me guess - the reasons are sorted by alphanumerical order, and "the first option now reads “2016 Marriage Equality Plebiscite” because nothing else starts with "2016".

They all start with a date. Congrats on crossing off "I don't like gays" and "I do no research" in the same post though, 10/10 efficiency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

What are the legal requirements for providing services to same sex couples in Australia anyway?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Left-wing whites need euthanasia.

:what:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

What the hell kind of pouch costs seventy bucks

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

asio posted:

Anything that isn't one of the bargain 25g, or if you don't go to a well-stocked tobacconist. Also the tobacco is dried out as soon as you open the packet and turns to crumbs not even halfway through because noone is buying the good (now prohibitively expensive) brands.

Where I work expensive, and the priciest is 50g port Royal and 55g longbeach each under 70.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

A bold argument.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Rainbow Cory Bernardi.

Not even kidding.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

surely he can't keep his job after that

He not only kept his job, but got to publish an editorial about how everyone else was wrong and dumb about him being racist last time.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Wait, that Hanson tweet was for reals?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

"Mandate" usually translates to "waaah, our political system has two houses and I can't rubber-stamp everything"

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

freebooter posted:

Something that just occurred to me: why the gently caress did Leyonhjelm get re-elected and Muir not?

Muir got elected on how many votes again?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/beneltham/status/788921498232684544

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

freebooter posted:

I thought Leyonjhelm's party only got in because they had the word Liberal in their name and confused people.

Yeah, but Muir got elected on less than half a percent of the vote. Although the Liberal Democrats had a big surge in the second last election I'm pretty sure they were always higher than that.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

why are multiple people going to RSLs that don't serve crumbed steak?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Buzzfeed poo poo journalism still better than regular poo poo journalism:

Mining Lobby Linked To Fake Twitter Army Co-Ordinating Against Renewable Energy

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

"How can I collect benefits while owning a waterfront property"

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

If One Nation has any smarts

I'm amazed you kept typing that sentence.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Ok the Australian's obsession with 18c has officially gone too far now.

If we didn't have this law, a poo poo person could be racist and bigoted without consequence, so let's get rid of it.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Recoome posted:

Hey also there was a bus driver killed in Brisbane in a racially motivated attack. Terrorism has been ruled out so I guess it's a white guy?

What is the evidence it was racially motivated? Last I heard there was no motive known.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Recoome posted:

It's not a stretch to see that this was very much racially/ethnically motivated, although I wonder if he intend to attack the bus or whether he was just going to molotov the first brown person he saw.

It could very well be a racist attack, but I'm just wondering on what basis some of you seem to drawing that conclusion.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Mate, I work in Rocklea.

Again, I'm not saying it wasn't, just that there is almost no information yet regarding a motive.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I never noticed he redid the second cop with fairer skin.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

I wonder how this is going to work if asylum seekers end up becoming NZ citizens or something? Their kids can move here but their parents can't?

Maybe, just maybe they haven't thought this bat-poo poo crazy policy through properly.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Oh yeah, today is the yearly reminder that a national day of celebration themed around gambling and animal abuse is super lovely.

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Lid posted:

A pair of Brisbane entrepreneurs have announced an “innovative way to address male related social issues” through the establishment of Australia’s first co-working space exclusive to men. Because if there’s one thing the startup sector needs it’s a blanket ban on women.

http://junkee.com/australian-start-open-new-co-working-space-exclusive-men/88596#XqgtBo7veXwZK0MK.99

They look almost exactly the way I thought they would.

• Locked thread