Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'd say you were right, it's the people that are the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

e:Don't mind me.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

We had a blackout in NW Vic today, for about an hour. loving Greens.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Ixnay on the Omelet posted:

Let me guess - the reasons are sorted by alphanumerical order, and "the first option now reads “2016 Marriage Equality Plebiscite” because nothing else starts with "2016".

Well yeah, I doubt they'd sort the list based on the number of calls about it to save the operator a second or two. That'd be a bit morbid.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Oh yeah the secret ballot was also our idea.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Now to get these lazy, good-for-nothing fucks off newstart. Get a job!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Zenithe posted:

Left-wing whites need euthanasia.

:what:

I like the little antifa symbol with a red cross through it. I'm an anti-anti-fascist me :downs:.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab8GtuPdrUQ

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

What a loving dumb system that would have been. We adopted the Red/Green Ps in Vic a couple of years ago, but I'm pretty sure the distinction is between whether you're allowed to tow a trailer, or how many people are allowed in your car after a certain time.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I sure am glad that we got rid of that corporate welfare. What a huge waste of tax payers money. Now we have more time and ability to better protect negative gearing.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Boy do I know the solution to this problem

http://www.openculture.com/2014/10/when-modern-art-was-used-as-torture-during-the-spanish-civil-war.html

:anarchists:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Blue poles was the reason Whitlam was dismissed

No they were Blue Vietnamese. And the reason he should have been sacked.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'd hate for Australia to become a place where we had monuments to politicians all over the place. It feels gauche and American.

Picture unrelated.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Starshark posted:

So according to a survey by the RSPCA 60 percent favour a greyhound racing ban, but Baird is going down in the polls because of the racing ban? Does anyone want to tell me what's going on?

I guess there might be a lot of liberals who hate the ban so much they'd switch their vote and a lot of labor supporters who like it, but not enough to switch theirs.

Or the simpler reason is that he's not going down in the polls because of the greyhound racing ban.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Auspost is the only company that can find the private street we're on.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Recoome posted:

i'm confused, I thought that one of the points that Cartoon was making was that we expect that foreigners behave according to ~our cultural standards~ while in Australia, while we are expecting that Australians should be able to get a free pass on their behaviour while overseas (which may be breaching that country's ~cultural standards~)

No you see, because our cultural standards are universally in favour of freedom and nice things, therefore it's not an argument of relativism, but the best outcome for the most people.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Recoome posted:

lmao if you think this is what our cultural standards are

Nah, but it's literally the only way ThatFatKid's argument makes sense.

Like if it were true there would definitely be an argument for not giving a gently caress about other people's cultural standards. But it's not true.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Didn't have one here.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I feel entirely certain that it's in a better place now.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

loving lol that Australia's gang problem is a bunch of loosely connected groups of kids, all claiming to be/being labelled as the same gang, beating each other up in milk bars.

This problem is out of control! Labor is not tough enough on crime!

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 10, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

open24hours posted:

I thought our gang problem was bikies.

Weren't enough shop owners to interview about it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

You Am I posted:

I don't understand all this hoo-haa is over the "Apex Gang" except that's the easy way racists and the media are saying "those Sudanese people" without sounding too racist.

My Mum's usually pretty good opinion wise, but there was a news story on it the other day and she pipes up with, 'See! All black!'

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

asio posted:

Now what does one do with spare change?

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Turn-Spare-Pocket-Change-into-DIY-Batteries/

:shrug:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Depends how many they killed to show that the debate was causing them to kill more dogs.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'm going to guess Uhlmann because of the uncritical mention of a conspiracy theory.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I mean think about how many microbes we kill with Dettol, calling the Nazis monsters is hypocrisy of the highest order. :colbert:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I mean he's not wrong in pointing out that Wong and Labor are fuckheads who had the opportunity to fix this and didn't.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah, but they're committed to being arseholes who hate non-heterosexuals. 'You're just as poo poo as I am' is hardly flattering to Labor.

Glad the plebiscite's dead though. I think I'll be happier waiting another 3 years for marriage equality as long as the Libs don't get to say it was brought in under their government.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 11, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Like in Tasmania, where one Labor candidate went from fourth place to sixth because of some bullshit parachuting. The order was overturned through BTL voting.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Apparently channel 7 didn't realise the plebiscite was going to die in the senate, so now Sunday Night is going to be all about how Safe Schools indoctrinates kids with the gay. Fun times. :shepicide:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Censored coal mine. drat lawfare is turning are mines into mimes! :argh:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

And for them to stay in countries where they are persecuted.

Jesus knew there was a place for everyone in the world.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

You Am I posted:

It's turned into a complete shitshow, but I bet Malcolm will try to ignore it and hope it goes away

Has he literally done anything else, ever?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

It's what the best youtube misogynists use :confused:.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

He looks like a Habsburg

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

quote:

Edward, who lives near Mt Macedon about an hour northwest of Melbourne, said he feels 'very connected' to Britain and that's where he sees himself ending up.

Holy poo poo! My mum probably taught the gobshite in primary school. I'm going to have to see if she recognises him.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

quote:

“It’s [like] the kid who grew up having to change school every two years and was bullied in the playground and was a coward for his whole life, basically,”

Yeah basically Chris.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah full of fuckwits.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Gridlocked posted:

Actual things this party wants:
The ability to obtain a licence for and own large caliber firearms, including those used for anti-materiel purposes or the hunting of large game (of which there is none of in Australia)

It'd be good for hunting pigs.

It's hard work now that they have armoured vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

God he looks a lot younger there. I guess masturbating to torture ages people.

• Locked thread