Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
A formidable effort, and I hope to see more OPs from you in future, but I will have to mark you down for not including Barnaby's bizarre facial blemishes in your pic. Cost you a HD. 8/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Anidav posted:

I want to kill Christian Porter

Say that again.

Anidav posted:

I want to kill Christian Porter

Let's me and you go for a ride, Anidav.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Tim Wilson is a twat and I hope he gets slapped down by a bus.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

BBJoey posted:

when I did road ready it was an optional after school thing.

also afaik the only limits on Ps in the act are no alcohol and no towing other cars. gently caress this nanny state poo poo you states have going on.

Frankly people shouldn't be allowed to drive at all unless a high court judge deems it necessary for the undertaking of their job. Everyone else can take public transport.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

hooman posted:

Can someone explain this in not legal terms?

Reading it now but maybe this will help?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-06/brandis-gleeson-standoff-threatens-rule-of-law/7908490

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Clawtopsy posted:

Will anything actually come of this, or is it too high-concept for the general public to get worked up over?

I know where my money is, but let's hope I lose...

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Gawd it's like fackin War and Peace.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
For those who aren't interested in sportsball, what's #WSW and what does it have to do with Wilson?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
geez people it's just a ball being kicked around, stop losing your poo poo.

i hope i'm never in the same room as lionhat because i'll either have to punch him multiple times or myself. neither scenario is ideal.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
So according to a survey by the RSPCA 60 percent favour a greyhound racing ban, but Baird is going down in the polls because of the racing ban? Does anyone want to tell me what's going on?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Synthbuttrange posted:

A man who sexually assaulted a schoolgirl by putting his hand up her skirt on a crowded tram has been jailed for six months.

Magistrate Jonathan Klestadt said Marshall Jordan's "lewd conduct" had the potential to reduce the perception of safety of Melbourne's public transport network among children and parents, and found there was no other option than to send him to prison.

Jordan, 31, was in August found guilty of performing an indecent act on a child under 16 after a three-day hearing in which he denied touching the girl.

Melbourne Magistrates Court was told Jordan was on the 86 tram in Northcote on May 4 last year when he touched the 14-year-old, who felt him put a hand up her skirt as she prepared to get off the tram.

She turned to him and yelled: "How dare you, you bloody bastard." Jordan responded he did not do anything, the court was told, and got off the tram and attempted to change his appearance by removing a jacket and putting on gloves.

Mr Klestadt on Wednesday found that by altering his appearance, Jordan understood the significance of his actions, before he continued on to work at the Departmemt of Immigration and Border Protection.

See if we let reffoes in we'll just get more predators like... wait... need to reset my brain...

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Lid posted:

And just because I enjoy kicking someone while they're down

https://www.amazon.com/Giving-Sorro...+reist+abortion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reardon

I have a particular dislike for Melinda Tankard-Reist as seomeone who shows up on panels as the "feminist" speaker and then proceeds to talk about how sex is wrong, abortion is wrong, and will sue you if you mention the fact shes a fudnamentalist Christian and refuses to publically have this acknowledged because she loses her position as a "feminist" speaker rather than "evangelical" speaker.

And in April

Prostitution = Rape, Johns = Rapists.

How can she sue for that - don't we have a 'best defence against defamation is truth' thing in Australia?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

She can send lawyers, but surely if it went to court the judge would just chuck it out an award costs? I mean, it's such a dumb thing unless she isn't a Baptist. Even then, I can't see how it would meet the defamation tests if you made a mistake. IANAL though - those guys are in their own little world sometimes.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Ixnay on the Omelet posted:

Listening to Sam Leigh on triple J's hack lie through her teeth about the Adler makes me want to throw something at the radio.

If I rung up triple j and claimed windfarms caused autism I'd be rightfully called on my bullshit. Seems funny the sporting shooter guy didn't get a chance to reply.

I get so mad about shooty-bangs too. They're so important to me. You should have wrecked your radio that would have shown that bitch to respect the shooty-bangs.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
They go >pew< >pew<

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Maybe he's one of those right-wingers who doesn't get how words work like those guys who used to say I'M A LESBIAN - I LOVE WOMEN

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

She is trying to ban something and completely fabricating most of the justification. She claimed existing lever action shotguns were limited to 1-2 "bullets" which is nonsense - lever action shotguns with 5+ cartridges have been available for decades. She claims it is a new design, when it is a clone of an 1887 design.

There are legitimate arguments for restricting it without confidently telling listeners a load of horseshit. As for why I'm pissed off - what hobbies do you have, Starshark, so I can make up reasons why they should be banned or restricted?

You'll never ban jerking off over right-wingers' qq'ing posts.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Those Muslims pray for like 2 or 3 hours at a time. There's just no way she could've waited until the praying was finished to feed her kid.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I'm seriously considering buying an Adler as a "gently caress you" to the anti gun nuts.

:in extremely accurate gene wilder voice: Stop. Don't. Come back. Help. Police. Murder.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I'm pretty sure screeching llama isn't a gun nut and what we're dealing with here is lolbcat under a re-reg.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

adamantium|wang posted:

Pity about those 200 people with unfinished homes.

"Families", isn't it?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-22/calls-for-tasmanias-begging-law-to-be-changed/7956548

quote:

A Tasmanian law that fines people for begging is "criminalising poverty" and should be abolished, human rights advocates say.

The state's Police Offences Act lists begging as a crime, and it comes with a fine of almost $800.

Since July, two people have been charged under the law.

Australian Lawyers Alliance Tasmania director Henry Pill said people who were forced to beg were in no position to pay a fine.

"Putting them into the justice system is only going to make the system worse," he said.

"It's using the resources of the justice system in an inappropriate way when they're already under stress.

"It's compounding the severe problems of ... people with severe economic and social problems."

Mr Pill called for the policy to be reconsidered.

"It's time in 2016 that we stopped criminalising extreme poverty," he said.

"It seems to be an offence that is still being zealously pursued by the police."
'Beggars reflect growing hardship in Tasmania'

Tasmanian Council of Social Service chief executive Kym Goodes said poverty should not be a crime.

"People only beg out of extreme poverty and extreme desperation," Ms Goodes said.

"We shouldn't have a criminal response to what is a social issue and a social need in our community."

She said the fine would be very difficult to pay back for most Tasmanians, let alone someone "already forced to beg".

Ms Goodes said an increase in the number of beggars reflected growing hardship in Tasmania.

"Most people would see a higher incidence of people begging outside of supermarkets at the moment," she said.

"This is an indicator of the high level of Tasmanians living in poverty."

Police Minister Rene Hidding said the Government did not have plans to change the law.

"We believe there are sufficient measures in place to ensure that disadvantaged people are not unduly caught up in the legal system," he said.

WTH Tasmania...

E: Although we probably have the death penalty for begging in NSW and I wouldn't know because no-one gives a poo poo about the homeless in NSW.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Apparently NSW is one of the states where begging isn't illegal along with the ACT and... WA?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cartoon posted:

:ironicat:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/10/23/triggs-should-keep-out-politics-pyne
Here's a clue Mr Pyne. Maybe stop performing human rights abuses and the commissioner could stay out of your face.

"allowing her role to be politicised" :xd:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Anidav posted:

Brisbane is a utopia. Every family I know is happy here and whenever someone mentions another city we look at eachother nervously and try changing the subject.

Housing affordability can be fixed by introducing a new currency for those of lower socio economic backgrounds.

I think Campbell Coins are the answer.

A friend of mine nearly got into a punch-up because his eyebrow was pierced. Now, granted, this was in the 90's and Brisbane might have evolved since then, but it'll always be the City of Knuckle-Draggers to me.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Oh man, please replace Turnbull. Just do it.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Is Alan Jones still a tool? Yeeeeeeeessssssss

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Whole lotta filter words in this article.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
The Arsetralian obviously can't muster up any good news about the government because the front page is WELFARE PAYS MORE THAN WORK (except it can't because you can claim welfare while working).

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Redcordial posted:

So weak-willed that you cannot even muster the self discipline to refrain from posting in a certain internet forum/thread.

Good riddance you pathetic gently caress.

He'll get sick of the probe and re-reg again.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

“I’m 25 and I’ve grown up in this culture where we don’t have any rites of passage. In other cultures you go out and hunt in a forest for three days. We just hit 15 and start drinking. There’s a real loss of identity for men. We used to go to war together. Girls do it better naturally, they have tea parties and stuff.”
Read more at http://junkee.com/australian-start-open-new-co-working-space-exclusive-men/88596#E4U0XVfvAiVzZgoH.99

f-f-ff-f-f-f-f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

G-Spot Run posted:

Don't cheer yet, I know a recount has deeper effects than just the next in line on the last count, but One Nation are a chance to get that seat I think.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2016/results/senate/#ssa

In any case, I can't imagine it going to a left-wing party. Not in this fuckin' country.

• Locked thread