Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Alright so let's get the basics out of the way.

quote:

:vince: posted:
1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so. Are they putting up a lot of points? Yes? They're studs.
2) Note your scoring settings. Is it PPR? Non-PPR? How many teams? Are there any wacky settings like counting return yards? Be brief but just specific enough for us to get the gist.
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

Teams on bye: Chiefs, Saints, Seahawks, Jaguars.

Now let us look into the fantasy abyss together!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Stafford vs PHI
Winston @ CAR
Try and drop Winston for Wentz @ DET?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Doppelganger posted:

Stafford vs PHI
Winston @ CAR
Try and drop Winston for Wentz @ DET?

I would dump Winston for Wentz and play him.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
McKinnon @ HOU or Beasley @ CIN for my flex. 1 PPR.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Rivers vs OAK -or- Ryan vs DEN?

I'm leaning Rivers because Oakland's defense is not great and even though Ryan is on fire right I feel Denver's secondary might give him some trouble especially after him and Julio went off last weekend.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Mr. McGibblets posted:

McKinnon @ HOU or Beasley @ CIN for my flex. 1 PPR.

McKinnon baby. Beasley had two catches last week until the last drive of the game when he got a 45 yard pass on a broken play.

ManMythLegend posted:

Rivers vs OAK -or- Ryan vs DEN?

I'm leaning Rivers because Oakland's defense is not great and even though Ryan is on fire right I feel Denver's secondary might give him some trouble especially after him and Julio went off last weekend.

I would go Rivers here. Denver D is scary enough and I am not sold on Matt Ryan yet since I have been burned by him too many times in the past.

no more books
Aug 4, 2011
Does start your studs apply for Hopkins @ Minnesota? Don't know what's going on with him

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

no more books posted:

Does start your studs apply for Hopkins @ Minnesota? Don't know what's going on with him

Came here to post the exact same thing. I'm considering Devante Parker vs Tennessee over Hopkins (3 WR league, for the record). On the one hand, Don't Sit Your Studs. On the other, he's put up 4 points over the past two weeks against sub-Vikes defenses. Leaning towards sitting my 1st round pick week 5.

Tl;Dr, gently caress Brock Osweiler.

Edit: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/783153452851552256

smokyprogg fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 5, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I wouldn't begrudge anyone sitting Hopkins until he produces. I'm glad I don't own any shares and would wait for two consecutive productive weeks if I did.

no more books
Aug 4, 2011
I'm starting DT and Jordy over him in my WR slots but I should definitely put him in my flex over Darkwa, Enunwa, Crowder, or Brate....I think...I hope...right?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
The only Hopkins worth trotting out is Dustin Hopkins.

How's that for hyperbole.

Seriously tho, against MIN; I'd feel better with Enunwa's floor.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

Suave Fedora posted:

The only Hopkins worth trotting out is Dustin Hopkins.

How's that for hyperbole.

Seriously tho, against MIN; I'd feel better with Enunwa's floor.

Oh good, cause that's another direction I was leaning.

gently caress Brock Osweiler

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Edit: nevermind I'm just gonna hop on board the Wentz wagon.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 5, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Since nobody has corrected it yet and two players from the game have been discussed already, Houston is at Minnesota, not the other way around.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
John Brown is back, maybe? Should I Flex Brown @ SF on Thursday night without Palmer, or go with Mike Wallace vs. Washington on Sunday? 0.5 PPR.

Get well soon, Decker :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ingram is on bye! That means I need to pick one of these running backs. PPR

McKinnon v Houston
Gore v Chicago
Terrance West v Washington

Leaning Gore right now as I feel he has the highest floor and also the Bears are bad. Tempted to play McKinnon because I'm a massive homer or West because he's my shiny new toy, though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

12 man, 1PPR. Start 3.

Stefon Diggs
Jordan Mathews
DeVante Parker
Robert Woods

Rams give up receiving yards and Houston does not. I really don't like ARob being on bye.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Also unsure what to do with DeAndre Hopkins. I'm not huge on my alternatives though. Standard scoring 0 ppr:

Hopkins @ Min
Tyrell Williams @ Oak
John Brown @ SF (Thursday :siren:)
Jamison Crowder @ Bal

Brown probably has the highest ceiling, but also the lowest floor and might be without Palmer. Thinking Williams at the moment.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Who do I flex out of Floyd/Ginn Jr/Coleman/Dixon.

Right now I'm thinking Ginn because my league has points for return yards.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

dxt posted:

Also unsure what to do with DeAndre Hopkins. I'm not huge on my alternatives though. Standard scoring 0 ppr:

Hopkins @ Min
Tyrell Williams @ Oak
John Brown @ SF (Thursday :siren:)
Jamison Crowder @ Bal

Brown probably has the highest ceiling, but also the lowest floor and might be without Palmer. Thinking Williams at the moment.

You have to start Nuk.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Tyrell Williams at Oakland or Will Fuller at Minny? PPR.

Ty1990 fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 5, 2016

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

IcePhoenix posted:

Ingram is on bye! That means I need to pick one of these running backs. PPR

McKinnon v Houston
Gore v Chicago
Terrance West v Washington

Leaning Gore right now as I feel he has the highest floor and also the Bears are bad. Tempted to play McKinnon because I'm a massive homer or West because he's my shiny new toy, though.

Totally agree on Gore.

Need 2 WRs. NFL.com standard rules, no PPR.

Terrelle Pryor v. NE
Travis Benjamin @OAK
Mike Wallace v. WAS

Had Wallace and Benjamin penciled in as they have the best match-ups, but that was the same situation last week (Wallace @OAK, Benjamin v.NO) and neither produced. Thinking that Pryor could get some garbage time yards.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

Tyrell Williams at Oakland or Will Fuller at Minny? PPR.

I'm going Fuller here. I have both and I'm playing Fuller over Williams.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Starting WRs against MIN? Don't do that guys!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

RBX posted:

Starting WRs against MIN? Don't do that guys!

But its DeAndre Hopkins! But they just shut down ODB! etc!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
.5 ppr flex:

Mckinnon v Hou
Powell @ Pit
Riddick v Phi
Cruz @ GB

And Eli @ GB or Hoyer @ Ind (assuming Cutler is out).

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

BigFactory posted:

.5 ppr flex:

Mckinnon v Hou
Powell @ Pit
Riddick v Phi
Cruz @ GB

And Eli @ GB or Hoyer @ Ind (assuming Cutler is out).

McKinnon for sure. Texans are missing JJ Watt and just put another DE on IR so the Run Defense isn't nearly as scary for Houston.

I would lean Hoyer as much as I don't like him. He has a soft matchup against IND and Eli has looked pretty bad so far this year.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

MrSargent posted:

McKinnon for sure. Texans are missing JJ Watt and just put another DE on IR so the Run Defense isn't nearly as scary for Houston.

I would lean Hoyer as much as I don't like him. He has a soft matchup against IND and Eli has looked pretty bad so far this year.

That's how my lineup is set, so I agree. Thanks.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
Ryan @ DEN or drop one of Kenneth Dixon or DeAndre Washington for Wentz @ DET?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Palmer is out Thursday and I was counting on Fitz at flex but I'm edgy now. Full point ppr.

My other options would be: Tevin or Duke Jr.....I'm boned aren't I?

I'm having to start Nuk this week to.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 5, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Palmer is out Thursday and I was counting on Fitz at flex but I'm edgy now. Full point ppr.

My other options would be: Tevin or Duke Jr.....I'm boned aren't I?

I'm having to start Nuk this week to.

I'd still start Fitz in full PPR. Stanton is bad, sure. But he's not that bad. He'll get the ball to Fitz.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Pick 2 running backs 0.5 ppr

Frank Gore vs CHI
Matt Jones @ BAL
Darren Sproles @ DET

Right now I have Sproles and Gore penciled in

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

shyduck posted:

Pick 2 running backs 0.5 ppr

Frank Gore vs CHI
Matt Jones @ BAL
Darren Sproles @ DET

Right now I have Sproles and Gore penciled in

DET philly will be a shootout. Go Gore and Jones. Sproles won't see enough longball work to be worth it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alshon or Matt Jones for my flex?

Standard format

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Brockenstein posted:

Alshon or Matt Jones for my flex?

Standard format

Alshon and cross your fingers

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

DET philly will be a shootout. Go Gore and Jones. Sproles won't see enough longball work to be worth it.

A shootout? I think Eagles defense will surprise you. I feel like Sproles will get a good deal of work even if it was another blowout like PIT vs. PHI.

But yes, go Gore and Jones.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

pubic works project posted:

A shootout? I think Eagles defense will surprise you. I feel like Sproles will get a good deal of work even if it was another blowout like PIT vs. PHI.

But yes, go Gore and Jones.

I'm counting on phillys defense being good and forcing the lions to be even more stupidly pass happy.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I need some advice with my TE pick this week (1pt PPR).

Witten vs CIN -or- Hunter vs OAK

Normally I'd go Witten, but I just grabbed Hunter off waivers because he seems to be putting up some solid numbers given all of the injuries to SD's wide-outs. Plus, the Bengals Defense is a good bit tougher then the Raiders.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

muon posted:

Ryan @ DEN or drop one of Kenneth Dixon or DeAndre Washington for Wentz @ DET?

you dont have anyone else to drop? I would NOT be dropping Dixon now or Washington (now that Murray is banged up).

Honestly, how much better do you think Wentz will be over the #1 QB even if it is against DEN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Brees on a bye, options:

Ryan @ Den
Dak (Cin)
Mariota @ Mia
Tyrod @ LA
Fitz @ Pit

At first I thought Dak. Then started thinking Ryan. I think it is very possible to put up decent QB points against Denver and Ryan/Julio might be the team to do it.

Now I'm almost thinking Fitz because Pit D has allowed ~20 QB points against them in each of the last three games.

• Locked thread