Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I wonder how the door locking worked. Either someone was in there with the two bodies to lock themselves in after Hajime found the hanging, or there was some setup where the drumstick fell into place when the door was shut?

I bet the broken camera is nonfunctional parts and the real, working camera and monitor were in the hospital conference room, where the hanging was staged (it has the curtain and, notably, the same kind of wooden flooring as seen on the broadcast). Kazuichi set up the communications... And he was very quick to leave, complaining about the heat. Wanna bet he's run to the hospital to tidy up in case anyone goes up there? He also arrived with everyone else when Monokuma was causing a distraction, could he have been inside all along?

quote:

: Like...I've been putting up with this for a while...
: But why is it so drat hot in here!? I hate being hot!

Putting up with it for... the five minutes you've supposedly been in the room? :crossarms:

This is great, I followed the old LP and never bothered playing it or looking anything up after it stopped, so I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it!

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The clue was already given by Chiaki. There was some sticky substance on the door. My guess is that was the actual seal of the door, the drumstick was pre-broken and dropped as a decoy clue.

Someone else already pointed out that the pile of debris increased in size between Hajime's first and second visits. Even if the camera was in the conference room at the time of the shooting, it's almost certainly on the music venue floor now.

Forgot about that. I wonder if a glue could be that strong? Even workshop chemicals? Where would someone get something like that? I doubt the supermarket is fully stocked with powerful glues and I'm not sure who would know how to make a glue. I'm not sure the drumstick works as a decoy, it's easily obtained by whoever was in the music room, so what's the point? I can't figure it out.

You're right about the debris as well, so my theory goes a little wonky. I still think it's him but I'm excited for more investigation. The other LP apparently got up to the trial but I don't remember any of it.

I keep getting caught up on motive but the motives so far have been impossible to work out before they're revealed.

I feel like I'm missing important things with everything I say but this thread deserves to be more active, so.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
It's still totally Souda. Kazuichi. That guy. He's being very specific about how the cameras work and how he didn't do anything weird with them. If he's not the killer, then he did something weird with the cameras.

...actually, we already know how terrible he is at keeping secrets (see: him and Nekomaru tying up Nagito). Is he being weird because he knows something and doesn't want to say it? I don't think he has any attachments to anyone on the island apart from Sonia...

Okay, it's either him, or he's trying badly to cover for Sonia, because that's all I can think of.

ps, FPzero I'm reading your DR1 LP and really enjoying it, you're doing a great job of both games.

e: I may be going insane but is there a possibility that what we see as a stepladder is actually two of the folding chairs in the conference room?

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 24, 2017

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Buried alive posted:

Also, because it's a DR game and sometimes they are stupid, I'm guessing that Hiyoko was there the whole time and was just hidden with cleverly wrapped wall-paper and stickers, which is why there was a piece up on the light beam. Because why the hell not?

That doesn't really explain why an attempt was made at hiding the time of death though. If that's what the heat is even about.

Definitely the case, someone earlier posted a comparison between when Hajime first found the body and when he came back with the others, the post is way wider the first time.

The time of death is hidden because the killer wants them to think Ibuki died at the time Haiime saw the broadcast, when she probably died much earlier. Hiyoko too obviously.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Yeah the Mikan theory is growing on me I think (especially because Kazuichi's under too much early suspicion from the cast now) although did she have the time to get in and take down the wallpaper covering Hiyoko before meeting Fuyuhiko?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

To do all the hospital cleanup, go to the music hall, tear down and fold up the wallpaper, rig the door, then go BACK to the hospital and wait for Kuzuryu, and then still be able to run back to the music hall and then the motel, in the time it takes Hinata to go to the music hall, then immediately go to the motel and talk to some people? No, not a chance. The timeline is practically unbelievable as it is, without adding an extra trip to the music hall and back.

It only makes some kind of sense if she waited for Kuzuryu, then ran to the music hall to do the cleanup there.

I think I misread, I thought they were together after they met. If they split up to look for Ibuki then she has opportunity there.

But she was sleeping (supposedly) and everyone else in the hospital, bar Nagito, was indisposed. Anyone could have got in to set up their broadcast. How would they know? Well, Kazuichi set up the monitors in the first place. Could the hospital have been broadcasting without realising? I don't recall the hospital team ever starting a broadcast? If so some conversations could have been overheard, about where people would be at certain times? I just sort of want it to be the less interesting guy.

The timing is just so ridiculous and I really hope it doesn't end up like Teruteru.

But you know, I fuckin love Hiyoko so :shobon:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
This fuckin guy. What's he even doing.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Wow, a red-headed stepchild joke. Monokuma is so edgy!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Doesn't look like Mikan would have to remove her bandages and put them back on afterwards, if it's her. Her bandaged arm and leg are fully covered in the video.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Robindaybird posted:

Given how her behavior and her profile suggests she's been severely bullied to the point of having bottomed-out self-esteem, and Hiyoko being Hiyoko and no one else really stopping it, I would put money that her motive is: "I'm loving sick of this and I will take down not only that little monster but everyone who just let it happen"

But Hiyoko was apparently a second thought? Like she was there by accident. Whatever the motive was, it wasn't "I'ma kill Hiyoko"

ps Hiyoko is still my favourite

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

idonotlikepeas posted:

The main mechanism of death from hanging is that the neck is broken by the fall rather than strangulation.

That's only true when there's a fall sharply stopped by the rope, like when a trapdoor opens beneath the victim. If the rope that hanged Ibuki was around the top of the stepladder, as it would be for her to put her own head through the noose, then the cause of death would be asphyxiation or a crushed windpipe, not a broken neck. It's why you get stories where people kick their chair away and then regret their decision but can't do anything about it. Hanging execution (as in the UK up til 50 years ago) was done so that the prisoner would die instantly.

The killer strangled Ibuki with the rope, which could be passed off as a hanging death.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

FPzero posted:

: But if the traitor died, you wouldn't be this calm, right? I mean...you're both pawns of the Future Foundation. So you guys are like two hearts beating as one, right?

What does this mean?

Both? as in both you and the students? Or both, as in Monomi isn't actually a mono-mi? There's two people controlling her?

Nagito's the traitor (because he's Naegi brainwiped) and Monomi is controlled by Aoi and Toko, I guess. It was a big conspiracy point in the old thread but hasn't been a big deal in this one that Nagito's name in Japanese is an anagram of "I am Makoto Naegi" so that absolutely won't be a thing and the only character from the previous game was Togami, who isn't actually the real Byakuya. Maybe this is the Togami family fight to the death that he talked about and the winner inherits the Togami fortune.

Im not paying however much to play half a game to find out so FPzero you're a hero, carry on, this is great.

Oh hey robot Nekomaru, this game is so ridiculous it's barely a surprise. At the moment I'm really not understanding the people who like this game over the first one.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

e: nah bein dumb, forget it

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 14, 2017

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Hiyoko is great, I'm sad she ended up dying here.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

alcharagia posted:

You're weird.

The most fun of a bad bunch

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I haven't played this game, but it really surprises me that people say it's better than the first one. FPzero is doing a real good job showing it all off, and it seems like it kind of sucks? I guess there's probably lategame stuff that makes people say that, but so far I really don't like the cast or the plot as much as the first game's.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

MegaZeroX posted:

There is one chapter in particular which has a pretty amazing mystery/trial that we haven't seen yet.

I'm hugely looking forward to it! I've seen enough of this game that I don't have an interest in buying it to play the rest of it, so I'm looking forward to the rest of it. You're doing a really good job, this LP is excellent.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

MegaZeroX posted:

Um, I'm not FPZero who is the one actually LPing the game.

I really appreciate being thanked for doing absolutely nothing though. :v:

Wow, that sure was dumb. How'd I manage that?

Sorry, FPZero!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
So whatever happens next, Mechamaru's infallible clock is going to be important somehow.

The mouse thing also seems too noticeable to just be a reference.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
This strawberry hell is giving me a headache just looking at it.

Unfortunately I think I've seen a pretty huge spoiler about the ending of this one so I won't be speculating. It was just an image and some out of context chatter about this case, but together they make me think I know something big. So I'll shush. Still reading though!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Most of the characters are almost entirely inoffensive when compared to the first game's group (Yamada, Togami, Celestia) but I really can't stand Gundham however many times the game tries to make me go "aw actually he's sweet". I can't say I like any of them particularly? Sonia's probably my favourite at this point. Akane is good too.

Also I bet Nekomaru won't die here, he'll be switched off when he could be a witness.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
No one is talking about how Nagito is obviously Naegi - same height, weight, appearance and voice actor? And his name is an anagram of "Makoto Naegi da". So that means he's definitely not Naegi. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

Has this been talked about or has everyone silently agreed to not mention it? I think most of you have played the game before. I can't wait to find out where that goes.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Oh this is cool, I didn't see this coming.

- Killer starts in Grape Tower, uses a chain to lock the door.

I feel lost. The strawberry door leads to Grape, right? And the grape door leads to Strawberry?

The door to Strawberry is chained locked from the Grape side. How does someone from the Grape side chain the doors then enter, using the elevator to return to Strawberry? Do you think that the doors themselves move between Grape and Strawberry? Isn't it more likely that they're separate doors, with a space between that's used as the (silent, unmoving) elevator?

I can't follow your reasoning.

(there is no elevator, they all note how quiet and still it is. It's just a space between the two towers, right?)

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

No, of course not. Why on earth would would you think that? From inside the tower, the Strawberry door leads to Strawberry House, and the Grape door leads to Grape House. Go back and read the tour of the fun house updates again.

Typo, sorry.

When the killer is setting up the locked rooms (presumably after the killing), The elevator is parked at Grape House. The tower is open on the G.H. side and closed on the S.H. side. The killer chains up the doors leading from the tower to S.H., and takes the elevator from G.H. to S.H. The killer, now in S.H. breaks the elevator, and breaks the button in S.H. which normally opens the doors to the tower (and closes the tower door going to G.H).

This is likely done to make it seem like the killer must be in Grape House, because that's the house connected to the crime scene and the Strawberry House can't get to there.

I get it. Thanks.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
FPzero, I love how you're doing this LP, it's excellent.

That said I hate this game, I hate the plot and every single character. How people think it's better than the first one is beyond me. I'm 80% sure who did this and I'm so glad because they're the worst character. Let's see.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I'm a big fan of the music in these games most of the time.

I think Ace Attorney did the logic dive thing better without it needing to be a minigame, when that happened it really did all come together and make sense.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Nice catch, Haahjimaaay!

I'm glad this is finally getting on with it.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Dark Flame Master posted:

Maybe he was worried because they were the only source of meat available and it was only a matter of time before someone tried to eat one?

I wish someone had.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
What was that bullshit execution, in a game that has a kid deep fried, and another one slashed to death by swords?

Gundham is one of the worst characters and I'm glad he's dead. I'm annoyed that someone said that I should watch all the trial videos because the voice acting gets good, because it really doesn't get any better than it has been prior, especially with Gundham. Nagito has at least been fun.

I hope Sonia adopts the hamsters. Gundham is the worst.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Revolver Anidav posted:

The difference between best character (Komaeda) and 2nd best (Gundham) may seem so vast that it throws everything out of scale, but Gundham is still absolutely wonderful.

Nope he is actually the worst character after the pervert chef.

gently caress Gundham. Just the worst. I honestly cannot stand him and any of his bullshit. Do yall think he's cute because sometimes he gets embarrassed when people pretend to like him?? Still awful, still gently caress that guy. Glad he's dead. Next! Who am I kidding we got our survivors right here, gently caress I was hoping Kazuichi would bite it at some point

e: I like Akane a lot

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

fractalairduct posted:

Maybe you could calm down a little and explain why you don't like him?

telling people on the internet to calm down when they disagree with you, a+!

I don't like him because he's boring, his voice acting is bad, his personality is horrible, and because everyone fawns over him when sometimes he drops the act and does "gundham-blush.jpg". If he had remotely behaved that way when he was shown to have murdered someone, I might've had a bit of sympathy. He's a moron and I don't know why people love him.

I was vaguely spoiled on this death by:
a former LP superstar gettin mad that her ~*~favourite character~*~ did a murder in c4, and there was only one character that could be

Glad I wasn't wrong.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How do you find him more unpleasant than Hiyoko? He's just an animal breeder that acts over the top to hide the fact that he doesn't really have friends. It's basically just Ishimaru's thing, only with overdramatic declarations.

Hiyoko was fun to watch and didn't hide when she was affected by something. And she was unpredictable. Gundham did nothing worth talking about. Just endless bullshit nonsense. Akane has it right in the trial. He just never stops.

I liked Ishimaru a lot and I see where you're coming from but everything about Tanaka rubs me the wrong way, I just can't stand him. Maybe it's because it's an attempt at Ishimaru's thing, but with none of the charm and none of the redemption.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 30, 2017

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

fractalairduct posted:

You've been repeatedly coming into the thread and posting nothing but 'Gundham is the worst and I hope he dies/am glad he's dead'. You're allowed to not like Gundham, that's fine, but it was getting really tedious hearing the same thing over and over with no actual explanation. Which you've given us now, and I agree, he does seem like a one-note character. It seems like most people find that note to be a lot of fun, but if you don't, that's cool too.

Um?? Do you wanna look at my posts and come back to me there, buddy? I've barely mentioned him before today apart from one post back in September. Like feel free to call me out on my lovely posts but don't just lie.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
If Souda ends up being the Hagakure of this game, I won't be happy

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
There's no traitor. I love Fuyuhiko and Sonia and I'll be sad if they don't make it out

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Is this gonna end up like Sakura in the first game where everyone had a go, did a stab, and eventually someone killed him for real

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Definitely feeling like he did it all himself. The duct tape being on his mouth before (at least some of) the wounds were inflicted doesn't make a lot of sense if he was being tortured for information - maybe he put it on to keep himself quiet while he was doing it all.

Also this is the grimmest death in the series so far, christ.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

FoolyCharged posted:

Monomi can't write but someone has been writing in the notebook for her. Also Chiaki didn't remember the last event they read despite being the one to stop him.

I'm guessing there's going to be shenanigans such that the traitor is revealed before this ones done

She also reacted oddly to the treasure box in a way that the game specifically mentions

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Stephen9001 posted:

...Is it the time? Noon sharp... was that when they started to bust the door in?

Noon is when Chiaki swiped her student card to stop the "bomb", iirc. People earlier in the thread mentioned that as a potential plot point, as the game went out of its way to mention the time

e: No, I'm wrong - it was a bit before noon that she swiped her card. It happens in this post, and afterwards Hajime comments on how there's still a little time before noon after Chiaki swipes her card. After that they rush to the warehouse to find Nagito. The fire didn't kill him, he was dead by then. Never mind, I'm on the wrong track.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 18, 2018

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Could it be that Nagito's cause of death isn't listed in the file, even though it appears obvious?

I still do not believe that this is a ploy to get the traitor and ONLY the traitor killed by execution for unintentionally murdering Nagito.

If you disagree, here are the truth bullets. Show me which one of those proves, beyond a doubt, that the traitor directly killed Nagito.

Uh, idk if you noticed, but I edited my post, so I don't know why you're being so hostile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I like the idea from earlier in the thread that Monomi isn't deliberately sulking, her controller just has something better to do right now.

Welcome to Despair is a really neat track. It was in the first game too, right?

• Locked thread